PDA

View Full Version : One Xmas gift you liked.............

CarolNYC
12-29-2003, 06:39 AM
Would anyone like to share one gift they received for Xmas that they really liked?
For me, it was my Timberland boots,but I put gel inserts in them, so now,
"I'm geling with my Tims"
Carol~wishing everyone a Happy New Year! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-29-2003, 06:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> ... Timberland boots, ... <hr /></blockquote>

Those will keep your feet toasty and they last a lifetime. I wear mine to football games.

Amongst other things, I got a DVD player, so my technology is finally in the 90's /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kato
12-29-2003, 06:53 AM
I got a first reproduction of a 1935 Monopoly game for my collection. Pretty neat.

Kato~~~didn't get much /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifmust have been bad. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

CarolNYC
12-29-2003, 08:05 AM
Hey Kato,
Thats VERY cool-I use to love monopoly!:)
Check this out, in yesterdays paper, some guy had a 1943 penny which was worth ALOT of money and he wound up giving it as change somewhere,so the penny is out there! Unbelievable!
Carol~checking pennies,ha ha ha!

CarolNYC
12-29-2003, 08:08 AM
Well Wally,
You are definitely way ahead of me,ha ha ha!
Im playing DVD's on my daughters playstation,ha ha ha!
Enjoy your DVD player!And I like the boots!:):)
Carol~will buy a DVD player soon!:):):)

sack316
12-29-2003, 09:04 AM
the most useful to me was I finally got a predator (woo-hoo!). But actually of all the stuff I got, I think I liked the most simple one best. My parents reproduced an OLD picture of my Grandfather shooting pool. I've always loved that picture of him, and now I have my own!

Barbara
12-29-2003, 09:42 AM
Well I'm getting a new case!! The Beast is getting some tinting! And Pete got a calendar whose theme was Boat Crashes. I put on the gift tag "When Boats Go Bad"! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

But my most favorite gift was the one bowl he turned for me out of Elm burl I gave to him two years ago with a natural edge. I'll take some pics and post them! It's gorgeous!!

Barbara

Qtec
12-29-2003, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Amongst other things, I got a DVD player, so my technology is finally in the 90's <hr /></blockquote>

You are too late Wally, the new age has arrived.

Lets say you want to play your fav pc game. You need to load the original cd ,right. Otherwise you cant play the game. Otherwise anyone could make a copy and where would the makers make their profit.

If you make a lock os a safe, someone will try to break it or open it. Its human nature.

Some guy came up with a brilliant piece of lateral thinking.

He bought a game and made a 1:1 copy. A mirror image, and saved it in his pc. What he had was a virtual cd.
How do you play a virtual cd? On a virtual cd/dvd player.

In a nutshell. You take the original cd,make a virtual cd /dvd player and play the game on that!

I can play all my games without the disc!

Which shouldnt be possible!

amazing.

Q

Just like to say this Freeware should only be used to play games you own! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

UWPoolGod
12-29-2003, 09:58 AM
I bought myself a couch and my parents got me the matching chair. My brother got me a few XBOX games...including World Championship Pool...which is alright.

Todd &lt;--- now I need Hi-speed internet and XBOX Live to dominate the world in WCP

Qtec
12-29-2003, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Todd &lt;--- now I need Hi-speed internet and XBOX Live to dominate the world in WCP
<hr /></blockquote>

HaHaHaHa /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What about talent? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

stickman
12-29-2003, 10:26 AM
I got shirts, socks, and underwear. I could use them all. My favorite was my Orange County Choppers red, long sleeved tee shirt. I'm still waiting for the Chopper to go with it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
12-29-2003, 10:59 AM
Wally, you aren't one of those beer guzzling, no shirt wearing, face painting, 30 below zero wacko's are you? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kato~~~Dolphin games are never below 50 degrees

Tom_In_Cincy
12-29-2003, 11:55 AM
I got exactly what I wanted. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My daughter spent the week with us. She is visiting from Ohio. She left yesterday..... and we won't see her again until June. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
12-29-2003, 12:01 PM
Thanks RJ.... the VISUALs are Killing me....

What a wakeup.... .

NO offence Wally, but try imagining "one of those beer guzzling, no shirt wearing, face painting, 30 below zero wacko's" being one of our good buddies from Snookers.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-29-2003, 12:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Thanks RJ.... the VISUALs are Killing me....

What a wakeup.... .

NO offence Wally, but try imagining "one of those beer guzzling, no shirt wearing, face painting, 30 below zero wacko's" being one of our good buddies from Snookers.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hmmm.... I believe most guys there have sense enough to keep their shirts on, myself included /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

If Kato keeps picking on me I may have to take a little trip to FTL and beetch slap his arse /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wally~~senses another "rub-it-in" weather report coming soon from Kato

Kato
12-29-2003, 01:45 PM
I'm not actually picking on you. It's more like my way of being pals. Ask Fred /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You might wanna come down here any way Wally. The weather pretty much sucks everywhere else.

"Rub-it-in" Weather report: 77 degrees, scattered clouds, 54% humidity, and probably a 5-10 mph breeze.

Kato

CarolNYC
12-29-2003, 02:41 PM
Good luck with the predator and I know the picture of your grandfather means alot more-I did that for my sister-in-law last year-things of the heart always mean the most!:)
Carol

CarolNYC
12-29-2003, 02:45 PM
Well, its about time,ha ha ha ha!
Carol

CarolNYC
12-29-2003, 02:48 PM
Good for you-have fun with the XBox!
Carol~loves matching furniture!:):)

dg-in-centralpa
12-29-2003, 02:50 PM
My parents bought the wife and I a new frig. So I bought the wife a matching stove. Both were on their last leg. Then the wife and I went together and bought a digital camera for the both of us.

DG - ready for New Years' Eve

CarolNYC
12-29-2003, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
underwear. <hr /></blockquote>
Boxers or briefs? (only kidding)
I'd shop for you anyday!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
12-29-2003, 02:56 PM
Thats nice Tom,
I can absolutely relate to spending Xmas with family-at dinner, when I said grace, I thanked God we were all together-June will be here before you know it!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
12-29-2003, 03:04 PM
Thats very nice,Duane
Hey, dont forget to bring it to the Superbilliards! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Carol

dg-in-centralpa
12-29-2003, 03:19 PM
No problem there Carol. That's the first thing that will be packed, next to my cues of course.

DG - 87 days to go

eg8r
12-29-2003, 03:33 PM
My favorite gift was a DVD burner. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

9 Ball Girl
12-29-2003, 03:34 PM
The one Christmas gift I liked best were the looks on the faces of my 10 year old nephew and 3 year old niece when they opened up their gifts from me.

Yeah I know, not only am I now old, I've also become a tad more mushier. Sigh.

Ralph S.
12-29-2003, 04:10 PM
One thing that did brighten up a rather bleak Christmas this year was two gifts I received. Both were books, "Mike Massey's World of Trickshots" and the "99 Critical Shots of Pool".

cueball1950
12-29-2003, 10:55 PM
Mine would have to be all the card i received from all my ccb friends. the most sentimental would have to be another xmas with my lovely wife..dounds silly but most of you know why............................................... ..mike

CarolNYC
12-30-2003, 03:23 AM
Hey Eg8r,
How are you? Boy, I wish they had DVD burners before VHS-I have so many movies taking up so much space-I wonder what they'll come up with next-maybe a compact DVD?:):):)
Dont burn yourself /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol

CarolNYC
12-30-2003, 03:37 AM
Isn't that the BEST feeling ,Wendy?
And your not old and mushy-your NORMAL-a sweetheart with a heart of gold-its definitely satisfying to give than to receive-
I was looking for a Xmas covering for my front door and the guy at the hardware store went completely out of his way to find it for me in the stock room-he found the only one left-well, I appreciated his efforts and went to the deli next door and gave them money and said" for the next week, buy this hardware guy breakfast"Every time this guy sees me, he thanks me and to me, it was no problem-sometimes the littlest things make peoples lives more pleasant-to me, thats what its all about!
Talk to ya soon!
Carol:):):)

CarolNYC
12-30-2003, 03:38 AM
Hang in there Ralph,
We're all with you!
Carol~amazed at some trickshots!:)

CarolNYC
12-30-2003, 03:40 AM
.....and wishing you many more Xmas"s Mike!

Kato
12-30-2003, 07:22 AM
Since my 18 month old niece doesn't like me and I just love her so dearly I tried to "buy" her this Christmas. Wiggles stuff galore. She's running around dancing with "Captain Feathersword" and next thing you know my Mom's lab puppy is running around with "Captain Feathersword". I'm telling the dog, "Daisy, this is your toy not this". And Daisy looks at me with her big eyes and says, "I'm sorry R.J. but if it's furry and makes noise I thought it was mine. I won't pick it up again until you turn around." /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~lives to see his nieces smile.

eg8r
12-30-2003, 07:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dont burn yourself <hr /></blockquote> LOL, I will try not to. I hope you had a great Christmas.

eg8r

pooltchr
12-30-2003, 08:01 AM
I guess Mike Massey's trick shot book, although the new boxers covered with flaming 8-balls were pretty cool as well.

Rod
12-30-2003, 10:15 AM
Well Carol it's not much but it's the simple things. I received a bundle of microfibre towels. They work and feel similar to a chamois and are very low lint. It works for me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif My cushy slippers ain't bad either.

Rod

Wally_in_Cincy
12-30-2003, 10:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> ...I received a bundle of microfibre towels. ... <hr /></blockquote>

Wow. You're easy to please. Y'all are living high in AZ sounds like. You getting shop rags for your birthday? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

There was a big long box in my garage. I thought it was a pool table light. Turns out it was a weight bench, which I needed. Kathy wasn't sure what kind of table light to buy because we have a drop ceiling. Our birthdays are both in March so we'll have to shop for one then.

Rod
12-30-2003, 10:37 AM
Wally,

I'm real easy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif No I have plenty of shop towels. LOL

Rod

CarolNYC
12-30-2003, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a chamois <hr /></blockquote>
Rod,
You can't get any better than that! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
[ QUOTE ]
cushy slippers <hr /></blockquote>
And I love cushy slippers!
Carol~picturing Rod in his slippers:):):)

CarolNYC
12-30-2003, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
new boxers covered with flaming 8-balls <hr /></blockquote>
Ha Ha Ha,
A man who admits he got "balls afire!" ha ha ha ha
Have a nice New Year!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
12-30-2003, 02:55 PM
You too,Eg8r,
You too!

CarolNYC
12-30-2003, 02:56 PM
What a sweetie!
No doubt!
Carol

Karatemom
12-30-2003, 06:09 PM
As I understand it, I still have one more gift to go, as it hasn't arrived yet, but of the ones I already have, I would have to say that the bag of Victoria's Secret bath goodies was my favorite. Lots of sweet smelling stuff in there.

Heide

CarolNYC
12-31-2003, 04:09 AM
Hey Heide,
Very nice-whoever gave it to you has good taste! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Have a nice New Year!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
12-31-2003, 07:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> ...the bag of Victoria's Secret bath goodies was my favorite. ...<hr /></blockquote>

Kato likes that place too

Kato's big adventure (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=npr&amp;Number=115841&amp;Foru m=npr&amp;Words=victoria&amp;Match=Entire%20Phrase&amp;Searchp age=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=2weeks&amp;Main=115841&amp;Search=true# Post115841)

Wally_in_Cincy
12-31-2003, 07:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Carol~picturing Rod in his slippers:):):) <hr /></blockquote>

Rod's slippers

http://www.energizerstore.com/images/bunniesApplFun/ProductImages/ENR2112.jpg

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif He just keeps going and going and going.....

Eric.
12-31-2003, 09:45 AM
My daughter got me Farn Crimi's Everything about Billiards book. It covers alot of questions people may have concerning all aspects of Pool. I'm waiting to see Fran again to get my copy "personalized".

Eric

pooltchr
12-31-2003, 09:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
new boxers covered with flaming 8-balls <hr /></blockquote>
Ha Ha Ha,
A man who admits he got "balls afire!" ha ha ha ha
Have a nice New Year!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Thanks. I guess that's better than calling them hot pants! LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Happy New Year to you too!

Wally_in_Cincy
12-31-2003, 01:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> My daughter got me Farn Crimi's Everything about Billiards book. It covers alot of questions people may have concerning all aspects of Pool. I'm waiting to see Fran again to get my copy "personalized".

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

I didn't know it was out. Thanks for the heads-up.

I just bought it here:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/adamsmedia/evpobibo.html

CarolNYC
12-31-2003, 02:36 PM
Wally,
Thats just too cute,ha ha ha!

CarolNYC
12-31-2003, 02:42 PM
Cool,Eric!
Talk to ya soon!
Carol:):):)

Troy
12-31-2003, 02:49 PM
Just being here, alive and on the mend, was Christmas present enough for me..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Happy &amp; Safe New Year to ALL !!!!!

Troy

stickman
01-01-2004, 01:10 AM
I'll give a toast to that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CarolNYC
01-01-2004, 03:14 AM
Well Troy,
I'll definitely drink to that one and I don't drink!:)
Mend away!
Have a nice New Year!

Rod
01-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Oh Carol, I didn't tell you what I bought myself for Christmas. A near new 7000 mles, Buick Regal. Got all the extra inlays points diamonds etc. LOL

Rod

Holly
01-02-2004, 02:55 AM
Happy New Year to you too Carol (and all the familia)

My favorite gift this year was that I was able to have the time and finances for the first time in a long while to take a big trip over the holidays to visit family and friends all over the country. I have a particular dear and sweet aunt who I have not had the chance to see in 13 years. Although we talk on the phone regualarly, it was such a joy to travel to Arizona this year to spend some time with her and some cousins. Of course also being close by I was able to hop over to the Mosconi Cup, which was so amazing : ) and a great time. My heart was overjoyed to spend time in Vegas with two particular people who I care for deeply and love very much. Then off to Florida I hang with my dad! : ) We played golf and had the chance to spend 4 days together which meant the world to me. Then I had a wonderful and relaxing New Years with a fellow pool player friend also in Florida, playing, laughing and karaoke! Now back to business in DC for 2004 CAT stuff with my dearest of gals, Ms. T and Eve. Will be back in NY Jan. 4.

God bless to you and all the Clarks,
Love,
Hol

CarolNYC
01-02-2004, 03:58 AM
Ha Ha Ha
Go gettum Rod,
You got alot miles to ride on that baby!Good for you and we like the extras!
Stay safe!

CarolNYC
01-02-2004, 04:05 AM
Well,
I played pool an hour a day, watched the "Three Stooges Marathon" and became a couch potatoe,ha ha ha!
Im very happy for you,Holly!
Theres nothing like being with family!
See ya soon!
Carol~very content relaxing at home! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Voodoo Daddy
01-02-2004, 10:20 AM
Well, I liked all my gifts but the one I LOVED is a HD of NYC T-Shirt I got with the Twin towers on the back...it really hit home.

Voodoo~~~best gift is the one you give, not recieve!!

CarolNYC
01-02-2004, 01:32 PM
Hmmmmm, I wonder who sent you the "NYC- HD shirt?ha ha ha
Well, I said one gift but I will add:
To be able to pick up my cell phone and hear your voice!
Gotcha!
love,
Carol;:):):)