PDA

View Full Version : Greeaaatt the Seahawks made the playoffs.

UWPoolGod
12-29-2003, 11:43 AM
Another semi-mediocre year is capped off by them actually making the playoffs. On the road at Green Bay. They have only won a game on the road this year and they have to try to win at Green Bay....riiigghhhttt.

Todd <--- will put money on the Cheeseheads

Kato
12-29-2003, 12:29 PM
Seattle has no shot on the road against Favre.

Kato

dg-in-centralpa
12-29-2003, 03:08 PM
At least they made the playoffs. How about Miami? Has a 10-6 record and doesn't make it. Hopefully we can trade Fiedler,Griese, and Wannstedt to Dallas for the Tuna.

DG - will root for the Dolphins again next year.

Cueless Joey
12-29-2003, 03:18 PM
Their coach knows that stadium and team.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

UWPoolGod
12-29-2003, 04:36 PM
Their coach knows that stadium and team. <---CJ

Yeah but he won't be wearing the tights...well maybe he will, but they'll be underneath the ski pants.

Kato
12-30-2003, 07:48 AM
Daune, Miami is terrible. OK, 10-6 is a good record and would usually make the playoffs but this team is not right. There is no balance. Pro Bowl players on the defense, nothing on offense. Wasting Ricky Williams has become Dave's #1 priority. Norv takes the reigns off the offense in the first half Sunday and the Dolphins move it and score then Dave gets defensive, wants to "hold" the lead and of course the Jets come back.

It's so disheartening to look at great players like Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas and have to tell yourself that these guys will never win a Super Bowl with Coach Wannestat running the show.

For instance, at the end of last season they took stock at what was good and what was bad. 9 Pro Bowlers (8 on defense, and Ricky) What do we need to do to make this team better? Offensive Line and Wide Receiver. What did they do? Signed Darius Thompson who is a #3 at best and cut Orande Gadsen. Offensive line they did nothing and counted on very talented though often injured Mark Dixon and a cast of nobodies. Well Dixon never played and Ricky gained 500 yards less.

We have a quarterback that isn't accurate and a back up quarterback that isn't any better. We have no speed or talent on the outside other than Chambers. Our offensive line is offensive and Olindo Mare is on the downturn it seems though he did lead the league in touchbacks. Charlie Rodgers what brought in to change field position on punts and he was horrible and got benched against the Jets.

The bright side is that they fired Dave the GM. The dark side is they gave Dave the Coach a 2 year extension who has done nothing but regress.

Sometimes it sucks being a Dolphin fan.

Kato

dg-in-centralpa
12-30-2003, 09:17 PM
Kato - you're right. It does suck being a dolphins fan.

DG - I'll drink to that

Kato
12-31-2003, 07:52 AM
I can assure you that on the sports talk shows down here the fans are up in arms over Dave the Coach. Sure we're all happy Dave the GM is gone but what's that getting us. Tell you how bad it is. This is a class franchise, pays well, rewards it's employees with good contracts. So we gotta go get a big dog, a proven winner that can pull the strings, not a puppet (by the way, at least 2 of the candidates currently work for the 'Fins in the personnel department and will be puppets and never say no to Dave) that will make this team a winner. First thing he'd have to do in my mind is fire Dave the Coach, get us a real quarterback, a real wide receiver, a couple of real offensive tackles, and take the shackles off our coordinators. Make some tough decisions. I don't know how many times I've got to be exposed to Junior Seau giving away his blitz 10 seconds before the ball is snapped so the offensive line can do there job. I don't know how many more years we have to watch Rob Konrad and Randy McMicheal get underused. How many more wasted years for Ricky and Chambers. How many more years does Zach have left? How many more games do I have to watch Feidler miss open receivers or James McKnight drop balls?

Yeah, it sucks.

Kato

dg-in-centralpa
12-31-2003, 09:10 AM
To quote Mr. Spock, abstractly of course," I am, and always shall be, a Dolphins Fan."

DG - hoping the dolphins can do something with the draft

Kato
12-31-2003, 01:01 PM
Me to but that still doesn't make it any easier to turn on the radio after the Dolphins lose.

Kato~~~wants Ron Wolfe as GM but can't have him /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

UWPoolGod
01-05-2004, 09:55 AM
Well at least they gave it a pretty good shot. Stupid guys dropped far too many balls though. I saw the pick coming when he scrambled a little. Can't throw that far across the field with no arm. Oh well a decent attempt.