PDA

View Full Version : Nick Varner Cues

execKoopa
12-29-2003, 05:36 PM
I've never seen them sold online, but my local pool hall carries them. I played a bit with one and it felt good. What's everyone here think of them?

SRpool
12-29-2003, 05:42 PM
I think they play great for the cost. The pool room I play out of has sold a ton of them and everyone has been happy with them. I hear that some of them come with radial pins and play really well. Not a custom cue but definitely a good buy.

Sarah

recoveryjones
12-29-2003, 06:43 PM
It is my understanding that Nick Varner plays (or at least used to?)play with a Falcon cue.I'm kinda curious if these Nick Varner (cues you allude to)are made by Falcon with Nicks name on them or if they are made by a seperate cue company owned by him.I only say this because I know that the butts for Predator cues are made by Falcon Cues in Falcons factory and then have Predators name stamped on them.I've hit with Falcon before and they seem to hit good for a production cue and apparently so does a Nick Varner cue according to your post.Only my curiosity working here folks, however maybe someone knows.RJ

dg-in-centralpa
12-29-2003, 08:07 PM
Unless my mind is still foggy from the holiday feasts.... I think Varner cues were made by Mike Sigel. They had joined together for a little while.

DG - whose mind will be foggy Wednesday night

Jay
12-29-2003, 11:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Unless my mind is still foggy from the holiday feasts.... I think Varner cues were made by Mike Sigel. They had joined together for a little while.

DG - whose mind will be foggy Wednesday night <hr /></blockquote>

They used to have a Sigel/Varner brand cue some time ago but not anymore. They are pretty decent cues. I used to play with a Sigel and they were awesome. Ive seen the new Nick Varner cues and they seem decent. When he came down here to florida for the senior tour, I noticed that he plays with his brand cue but breaks with a Sledgehammer. They seem fairly decent but Id rather play with a custom

eg8r
12-30-2003, 07:52 AM
When did Nick quit playing with his Falcon?

eg8r

Jay
12-30-2003, 11:33 AM
I think the last time that he was playing with a Falcon cue was last year at the Mosconi cup, even since then I have seen him play with his signature series cues. I think they said he is playing with them now to promote all his products

recoveryjones
12-31-2003, 12:58 AM
I contacted a cue dealer on the internet who sells Nick Varner cues and he tells me that they are made in Asia. As to what country or by who, he didn't specify. I was just curious if Falcon had made them when I inquired. Aparently no they don't, RJ

Billy
01-01-2004, 09:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote recoveryjones:</font><hr> I contacted a cue dealer on the internet who sells Nick Varner cues and he tells me that they are made in Asia. As to what country or by who, he didn't specify. I was just curious if Falcon had made them when I inquired. Aparently no they don't, RJ <hr /></blockquote>

my understanding is that they are made by Falcon

jmo