PDA

View Full Version : Here's a great deal... a heads-up on E-Bay

tateuts
12-29-2003, 06:15 PM
If someone is looking for a 4 point custom at a no-brainer price, this Steve Klein is unplayed and was just listed. It has a Buy-It-Now price of $365. It looks like a spliced cue too.

Steve Klein Cue auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3649992660&category=21 212)

Chris

almer
12-29-2003, 09:48 PM
where is Steve Klien from and how long has he been making cues?Also does he have a web site.Thanks

snook
12-29-2003, 10:39 PM
hmm..doesnt matter who he is, thats a beautiful cue!

BillPorter
12-30-2003, 06:10 AM
http://www.kleincues.com/index.html

piglit
12-30-2003, 06:58 AM
I have a Klein cue and am very happy with it. His shafts are great!

-pigi

Perk
12-30-2003, 10:46 AM
I would consider buying that cue from that auction. Timing isnt all that good right now. Wife would divorce me. I looked at the Klein webpage, and it seems that you would be getting a considerable deal on the cue w/2 shafts. Sharp looking for the price.

I am not sure I saw the buy it now price though, that was mentioned.

tateuts
12-30-2003, 11:04 AM
Ouch, someone put in the minimum bid and they lost the $365 Buy-It-Now.

Steve Klein is an up and coming cuemaker (about 5 years now)from Texas. I like the traditional look of his cues. I haven't played with one yet. I just thought a new custom with spliced points, two shafts, and joint protectors for $365 including shipping was a great deal.

Lets see, if I sell my wife's tennis bracelet...

Chris

Jay
12-30-2003, 11:29 AM
The cue is definately a nice looking cue but I dont know if I would spend the money on a cuemaker that I have never heard of, no matter how nice it looks. If anyone has any information on this guy, I would like to know. But for the price with the two shaft, joint protectors and a new cheap box case, you really cant beat that

Rod
12-30-2003, 11:33 AM
By looking at the coarse grain in the shaft wood on his web site I'd pass, but thats just me.

Rod

Ralph S.
12-30-2003, 01:21 PM
Not a bad looking cue, but I will wait for my Blackheart. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jay
12-30-2003, 05:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> Not a bad looking cue, but I will wait for my Blackheart. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I wanted a Blackheart too but unfortunately things didnt go over too well with me and Mr Eick, but Bob Dzuricky was happy to help me and I cant wait for my new DZ custom. Jerry is still a great guy and I still want my Blackheart

Pelican
12-30-2003, 05:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jay:</font><hr> The cue is definately a nice looking cue but I dont know if I would spend the money on a cuemaker that I have never heard of, no matter how nice it looks. If anyone has any information on this guy, I would like to know. But for the price with the two shaft, joint protectors and a new cheap box case, you really cant beat that <hr /></blockquote>

Maybe that's why the Superior Cue Company started in 1921 just couldn't make. Folks said "Who is this Herman Rambow?"

Just pokin' fun Jay - and making a point. Sometimes you buy, especially for investment, when someone is not as well known hoping that his stock in trade will appreciate. How many of us wish we could have bought a Balabushka or a Paradise when they retailed for under a hundred bucks. You look at the quality of materials and workmanship and say, is this guy going to still be around 20-30 years from now. Even though I probably won't be my grandchildren could benefit from my investment, or maybe just have a really nice cue to shoot with.

I too have never heard of him but for what is being offered and comparing that to prices of some production cues, I'd say it is not a bad deal. Fact of the matter, think I'll go place a bid.

Pelican
12-30-2003, 06:13 PM
Well, somebody messed up the whole deal. 'pears somebody overseas made the opening bid and must have then contacted the seller. The seller states in the auction that he will ship to US only so he cancels the bid made by overseas bidder. But this bid caused the buy it now to be removed. I went in and bid the buy it now price and was already out bid. Oh well, say-la-vee.

justbrake
12-31-2003, 05:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> Ouch, someone put in the minimum bid and they lost the $365 Buy-It-Now.

Steve Klein is an up and coming cuemaker (about 5 years now)from Texas. I like the traditional look of his cues . I haven't played with one yet. I just thought a new custom with spliced points, two shafts, and joint protectors for $365 including shipping was a great deal.

Lets see, if I sell my wife's tennis bracelet...

Chris <hr /></blockquote>
I bought a cue and it was about 500 from a kind of new que maker and I think I'll save up a bit more and get a better one, not that its a bad que but i'd like to get a que cue with a great hit! check this dealers auctions on ebay NR
he's taking a chance after xmas when not everyone has a lot of cash right now! I think
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&amp;userid=indyq&amp;i nclude=0&amp;since=-1&amp;sort=3&amp;rows=50

tateuts
12-31-2003, 10:40 AM
Wow, that guy has almost as many Southwests as Jim S. does!

I hadn't seen that auction before. So you didn't like your other cue, Justbrake? What did you get?

Chris

justbrake
12-31-2003, 11:51 PM
Hi-tateuts,I really didn't say I didn't like it exactly! it's not exactly what I expected in a custom cue, I'm new to this and I want to point this out( in buying a custom cue) the inlays and looks are really nice but the feel is to plain to me, I had a old helmstetler cue that felt alot better, but I guess it's all up to the indivigaul whos using it, to me you can't buy a cue without having it in hands and feeling it and seeing it front of your eyes. I have seen you say you didn't like certent cues from south america or the islands, in something like that order, it had a cheap hit to them , well same with this! I didn't like it to much,and this is a custom from a knowned cue maker here in the U.S.( maybe 8 yrs. or more) but the feel isn't there and maybe thats why he dosen't inial his cues, but that was my mistake in buying in the blind, next tiome I want to hold the cue in my hands and see it feel it before buying any cue again.I learned this from buying guns, you must look at it in hand and feel what it feels like to appreciate it before buying it then you know you have the best out there.