PDA

View Full Version : Fran's book "Everything about Billiards" is out

Wally_in_Cincy
12-31-2003, 01:08 PM
"Everything about Billiards" by Fran Crimi has been published.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/adamsmedia/evpobibo.html

dmgwalsh
12-31-2003, 01:24 PM
I just received the book along with Hustler days, but haven't had a chance to read it yet.

nAz
12-31-2003, 03:33 PM
Cool! I did not know Fran taught Billiards, I will have to get a copy and have her autograph it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Candyman
12-31-2003, 04:43 PM
Great news! I will get mine on order. I haven't seen her posting on the board lately, so that explains why.

I think I saw Fran at the ESPNZONE on a re-run of Strickland/Immonen match last year. I also said a prayer for her and others on CCB for loses and grief they have suffered this year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

bluewolf
12-31-2003, 05:35 PM
It looks great!!! Any way to get a signed one?

Laura

pooltchr
01-02-2004, 06:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Cool! I did not know Fran taught Billiards <hr /></blockquote>

Fran is one of only 9 Master level instructors presently active on the BCA active instructors list.

SPetty
01-02-2004, 08:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Cool! I did not know Fran taught Billiards <hr /></blockquote>Fran is one of only 9 Master level instructors presently active on the BCA active instructors list.<hr /></blockquote>Hi pooltchr,

nAz was just making a joke. (I laughed.) He knows. They have a bit of, ahem, history... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
01-02-2004, 08:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>nAz was just making a joke. (I laughed.) He knows. They have a bit of, ahem, history... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Rarely, every now and then, not very often, I miss being part of the inner CCB circle of cool people....

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Doctor_D
01-02-2004, 08:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> "Everything about Billiards" by Fran Crimi has been published.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/adamsmedia/evpobibo.html <hr /></blockquote>

Congratulations Fran !!!!

May your book become a best seller in the billiards world!

Dr. D.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sid_Vicious
01-02-2004, 11:12 AM
First thing I caught and I presumed naz did as well, was the definitive big word Billiards. Teaching billiards and pocket pool was what I figured he was alluding to, not thinking there was any jabs other than that. I totally understand that billiards encapsulates all of the table games, yet would you tell somebody they should study billiards instead of pool???sid~~~still waiting for my complimentary copy ;-)

Voodoo Daddy
01-02-2004, 11:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Rarely, every now and then, not very often, I miss being part of the inner CCB circle of cool people.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Damn Wally...me too!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jjinfla
01-02-2004, 06:06 PM
Hey NaZ when you get your autographed copy will you sell it to me? And get Amy's autograph too. And a signed picture of Fran that she promised me long, long ago before I fell out of favor with her, and Kato was going to bring it back to Florida for me.

But seriously, is this book just a primer, or does it have some redeeming value?

I would think that Fran would be selling them in her school so maybe we could write to her. Just about all the other authors who are mentioned on here will sell directly and sign the copies.

Jake
-25-

Kato
01-03-2004, 10:19 PM
Sadly Jake, Fran and my paths have only crossed once in this crazy world, hopefully not for the last time.

I'll be ordering her book and Socrates book right around the corner.

Kato

jjinfla
01-04-2004, 06:14 AM
I was just kidding you Kato. There is 300 miles between us so the odds of our paths crossing are pretty slim. But we may have been at different tournaments together in the past. Who knows? I did meet the big guy a couple years ago. Maybe it was three years ago. Time sure does fly. Was it really 4 years ago everyone was worried about the year 2000 and what it will do to the computers? Turned out to be a none event.

You will enjoy Socrates' Black Belt Billiards. I have been working on it since March. Hopefully I will be through it by this March. Then I can start at the beginning again.

Jake
-25-

nAz
01-04-2004, 12:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> First thing I caught and I presumed naz did as well, was the definitive big word Billiards. Teaching billiards and pocket pool was what I figured he was alluding to, not thinking there was any jabs other than that. I totally understand that billiards encapsulates all of the table games, yet would you tell somebody they should study billiards instead of pool???sid~~~still waiting for my complimentary copy ;-) <hr /></blockquote>

I thought she also wrote about 3C in the book, as i checked out the link i realized that it was about pocket billiards. i get confused when ever i see a book with the word "Billiard" in it, i automatically assume its about 3C. No biggie though I'm sure i will enjoy reading and learning something from it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif