PDA

View Full Version : More Added to The Windy City Open!

Bob
12-31-2003, 03:52 PM
$40,000+++ in prize money!

Hotel packages are still available for $224 (which includes tax) for the weekend which includes the hotel room and $120 in Rad Cash good for food and drink all weekend. There will also be a steak eating contest (no professionals). Spots are being filled very quickly as well as the hotel rooms.

There will be tons of ACTION, ACTION,ACTION at this event.

A Jack N Jill (no handicap limit) 8 ball Scotch doubles tournament has been added on Sat, January 10, 2004 Entry is $50 per team.

There will also be a 5's and under APA handicapped tournament on Friday night and Sunday afternoon. Please bring verification of handicaps. The entry fee for this $25.

Mini Tournaments all day and night.

www.windycityopen.org (http://www.windycityopen.org)

Karatemom
12-31-2003, 05:28 PM
Hi Bob and Eydie! We were going to try and make it, but found out that that Saturday is the one weekend out of the month that I have to work so it doesn't look like I'll make it. Not sure if the boys will try. Hope it turns out a great event!

Heide

Bob
12-31-2003, 05:34 PM
Heide,

Maybe we can get you a Dr.'s note ! LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BLACKHEART
12-31-2003, 06:54 PM
I went to the Home page of this site & no where could I find WHERE this tournament is being held. If I wanted people to attend or participate, I'd be sure to tell them, in bold lettering WHERE the place is...JER

dmgwalsh
12-31-2003, 07:41 PM
Jerry- I beleive it is at the Raddison Hotel in Alsip Illinois at about 127th and Cicero, You can see it from I-294 and Cicero.

I thought you said you were not going to be there.

Dennis Walsh

BLACKHEART
12-31-2003, 08:02 PM
I'm still not sure,but I decided to check it out one more time. That's when I was lookin' for the location & couldn't find it. I see the same thing in magazine ads. They'll say a tournament is going to be held at a perticular hotel,but then leave out the cities name...JER

Bob
12-31-2003, 08:41 PM
It's under Lodging on the tournament links:

Lodging
Only minutes from Midway and O'Hare International Airports, conveniently accessible to major interstates, and just 18 miles from downtown Chicago, the Radisson Hotel Chicago - Alsip offers guests premium accommodations in a full-service facility complete with newly remodeled and tastefully appointed guest rooms, and award-winning restaurant, Allgauer's Grill. From the moment guests enter the richly detailed marble and stone lobby, the Radisson Hotel Chicago - Alsip is designed for visitor's comfort. Allgauer's Grill features the famous Zeppelin Steak and other fine American specialties sure to satisfy the hearty appetite. Stone's Throw Bar is a great place to relax and catch up on the latest news or sports scores. Guest rooms at the Radisson Hotel Chicago - Alsip range from doubles to King Suites. Guests can use the modern fitness room, attached to the huge indoor pool, a game room rounds out visitor amenities for young and old alike. The staff of the Radisson Hotel Chicago - Alsip provides professional and courteous personal service designed to make your stay a memorable one, from the complimentary Midway Airport Shuttle to a to a newspaper at your door every morning.

Hotel Information
Address:
5000 West 127th Street
Alsip Illinois 60803
US

Telephone:
(708) 371-7300

Fax:
(708) 371-9949

Find your way to Radisson Hotel Chicago - Alsip with quick and easy customized directions from MapQuest.

Wednesday, January 7, 2004 - $49.00 plus tax
Thursday, January 8, 2004 - $49.00 plus tax
Friday and Saturday, January 9 and 10, 2004 - "All inclusive package" of food beverage and lodging $224.00 tax included
Sunday, January 11, 2004 - $49.00 plus tax

Ask for The Windy City Open Special!

BLACKHEART
12-31-2003, 10:26 PM
Sorry Bob,but nowhere on that page does it say anything about the tournament being held there. There is no MAP on that page either. I'm just saying that the site is poorly designed, if you can't find this information without a guide. Why not just put it in plain english with the tournament info...JER