PDA

View Full Version : Grand Central Station Tounament?

Alex_Delodge
12-31-2003, 04:38 PM
A player told me the other night that there is going to be a major tournament at Grand Central Station in Manhattan. Does anyone know anything about this?

Maybe he was just jerking my chain but that's a pretty random thing to make up.

Of course I'm now completely out of the news--it may be that everyone knows about this and I'm just in the dark and everyone will say of course.

Anyway, is this true?

nAz
01-01-2004, 08:01 PM
I think this is what he was talking about...

October 2004
UPA Tour
World Summit of Pool
Grand Central Station
New York City

Without Earl its a faux tournament!

RailbirdJAM
01-02-2004, 03:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>Without Earl its a faux tournament!<hr /></blockquote>

nAz, this is so true. Won't it be fun, though, to see Earl playing in that ring game in a few weeks at the Derby City Classic?

I heard about the Grand Central tournament at Alexandra Dyer's Big Apple tournament in NYC, pre-Fury World Summit of Pool, but I don't believe a date had been set at that time. It truly sounds like it has the potential to be a magnificant event.

Hopefully, the UPA will not schedule this event at the same time as another major event, like Dragon Productions did with the Fury World Summit of Pool held at the exact same time as the Dubai tournament that Efren won, as well as the upcoming Bike Event UPA tour final scheduled at the exact same time as the traditional Seventeenth JOBS Music City Open in Nashville, Tennessee, January 6-11, 2004.

RailbirdJAM

Ken
01-02-2004, 08:27 AM
The UPA is determined to punish anyone who does not play by their rules. There is a word for that practice; it's called "Racketeering". A few of the people affected by their illegal acts should get together and sue them out of existence.

If they refuse to permit players to participate in their events in direct contravention to their own rules those players should file for an injunction to stop the event. Maybe that would teach Charlie the Dragon a lesson.
KenCT