PDA

View Full Version : Skipping Going To The PH

Sid_Vicious
12-31-2003, 05:22 PM
I'd normally have been a regular at the PH today and tonight, but this time I have decided to lay low, relax at home and let everyone else get wild and crazy, especially since we are under this alert. Besides I seem to remember that the PH gets a younger, much louder crowd on times like this. Does busy holiday events sometimes keep you more at home, on purpose???sid

Karatemom
12-31-2003, 05:27 PM
Our pool hall managed a way around that. They are charging $30 a head to get in. Free food and drink for the evening, with champagne at midnight. I'm so excited I just can't wait. I don't imagine much of the young crowd will be there because of the cover, which is a good thing because the young kids these days drive me nuts!!!!!

Heide ~ wishing everyone a happy new year!

Sid_Vicious
12-31-2003, 05:35 PM
What do you mean by free drink? I'd like that feature if the brown bottles are includes.

Sid

stickman
01-01-2004, 01:05 AM
I went to the poolhall as normal. I'm well know there, and comfortable there. I don't have a wife or girlfriend and don't look for one, so hanging out in a bar listening to a DJ didn't interest me. It was a young crowd, but I had a good time anyway. I shot for about four hours and drank four beers. It was a pretty mild and enjoyable evening and I got home safely. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Karatemom
01-01-2004, 10:49 AM
Well, actually, my New years was ruined because they wouldn't let Christ in and I wasn't about to drop him off at someone's house so i could have a good time without him. I had planned on a family celebration and it just didn't happen.

Now that I've let off some steam, LOL, free drink meant just that. For $30, you could eat and drink as much as you wanted. Draught or bottled beer, mixed drinks, whatever your pleasure. It would have been a good time. They also had a $10 cover where you could eat for free but have a cash bar instead,, for those light drinkers. Chris said about 65 people turned up.

Spike and I stayed home, took down the Christmas tree, and watched the Three Stooges all night.

Heide

Sid_Vicious
01-01-2004, 11:21 AM
"Spike and I stayed home, took down the Christmas tree, and watched the Three Stooges all night."

Probably beat watching all the stooges around midnight at the PH ;-) sid

Rod
01-01-2004, 02:50 PM
I didn't go anywhere. IMO New Years eve is amature night and I didn't want to take any chances. Besides there are 364 other nights. I heard up until two days before new years with the DUI squads there was over 1600 arrests. I did go out to by a 6 pack and the streets were quiet. That was about 9 PM.

Rod

CarolNYC
01-02-2004, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does busy holiday events sometimes keep you more at home, on purpose???sid <hr /></blockquote>
Hi Sid, I dont think its so much because of "busy holiday" event-
I think its more because its the only time families have a chance to be together (besides birthdays,graduations or other parties)after the holidays, everyone goes back to their 9-5 life,ya know what I mean?(school,work,what have you)
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
01-02-2004, 04:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
watched the Three Stooges all night <hr /></blockquote>
Way to go Heide,
Me too!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
01-02-2004, 10:41 AM
I lost track being I've been off from Dec 19th and won't be back until next Monday. 9-to5, how's that go again ;-) sid

Chris Cass
01-02-2004, 12:07 PM
Hi Sid,

WOW, great to be able to post again. Thank God Heide knows how to fix this thing. LOL

Yes, free drinks, food, pool, darts and music(cd jukebox w/bose speakers) from 7pm till 1am. Well, for $30. a person. $10. with cash bar which is smart unless you had a ride home and can drink that much. Yours truely worked the counter and I did absolutely nothing. A little bummed out because I didn't know till I started the shift 7-12am that Christ couldn't stay.

The night was surprizingly(sp?) slow. only about 63 people. They didn't even open up the other side. Now, if it was my house I would have had the $10. with food, pool and darts with cash bar on the other side and made a killing. Lots of people were turned away and those who seen the private party flier posted didn't show.

We have a downtown area they call the District. I got calls all night telling me it was dead there too. Seems people are getting wise with all the cops out in full bloom. Who needs the hassle?

Regards,

C.C.~~12 yrs and still haven't had New Years with K-Mom. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sid_Vicious
01-02-2004, 12:47 PM
"Seems people are getting wise with all the cops out in full bloom. Who needs the hassle?"

I have too, and don't ask why, let's just say that I know my "habits" and with an open bar followed with a 45 minute ride through three city limit signs just to get home...I would have counted on possibly having somebody taxi me around. Don't get me wrong, I know how to switch off to ice water for an hour or two, but I'd still hate to have to wonder how the test equipment would register me anyway, maybe falsely even. Beyond that point, your going to be out thousands to prove it wrong. I'll tell you another side effect you also get, that being wobbly legs from being on your feet for so long. I hardly notice it while I am having fun playing, but the walk to the car on the way out "tells me." I can just imagine doing a sobriety test having to walk a straight line or the standing on one foot routine. Couple that scenario with it being knee deep in DUI officers actually looking for you...well, I made the responsible choice. If I were 20-30 years younger you couldn't have changed my mind, I'd have been out there. Today, I have too much personal property and other liabilities to worry about. Maybe a little maturity does come along with age, or else we just get more paranoid than we used to...sid~~~would have stayed home regardless of the free booze, DID I REALLY SAY THAT :-0

CarolNYC
01-03-2004, 07:27 AM
I know the song,Sid,
But I really never worked 9-5!
I stayed home with the kids,then my husband came home and off I went to work 4-12's!
Carol~seems I always worked evening shifts,ha ha ha! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sid_Vicious
01-03-2004, 10:08 AM
"and off I went to work 4-12's!"

That means 4 hours @ snooker right? ;-) sid

Kato
01-03-2004, 10:45 PM
My pool room had an all you can drink and play policy for $20. They went out and bought me a bottle of Captain Morgan's which I drank until about midnight at which time I switched gears alternating between water and coffee until about 2:45 a.m. when I decided it was ok to drive home. Didn't see a cop the whole time.

Kato~~~called K-Mom and heard too much disappointment in her voice to have had a truly happy New Year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif