PDA

View Full Version : Gone Fishin' (again)

rackmup
04-19-2002, 09:14 AM
CCB'ers,

I am heading to the lake for a little "R&R" (this vacation has wore me out!) Have a safe weekend, shoot well and I'll see you on Sunday (right after Church, of course.)

Wally_in_Cincy: Have a great weekend my friend and forgive me my irritating posts.

Mike Mc: Good weekend to you as well, my angry friend.

"Anonymous": Be safe, be brave...share your name with the rest of us.

Dr. D: Thanks. You are a good pal.

And special thanks to:

<font color=blue>AustinFilAm, Eric, Tom_in_Cincy, stickman, Rich R, Ward (see you Sunday at Clicks), Kato, TomBrooklyn, CarolNYC, Chris Cass, PoolFool, John in NH, BillPOrter, cueball1950, Barbara, Rod, Alfie, Cuemage, cheesemouse, Q-guy, Nevets, Retardo, bigalerickson and last but not least, Lorri</font color=blue>.

Have a great weekend and thanks for the kind words of support. I'll catch a fish for each of you (hopefully!)

Regards,

Ken (prolific, copious, irritating...all rolled into one big pain-in-the-(area where a wallet goes.)

stickman
04-19-2002, 09:30 AM
I hope you catch a fish for all of us. The only downside to that is, you live too far away for me to come to the fish fry. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Doctor_D
04-19-2002, 10:07 AM
Good afternoon Ken:

Have a great trip. Catch lots of fish. And for heaven's sake, do not catch any more cues on your way to or from the lake.

Dr. D.

Alfie
04-20-2002, 09:43 PM
Quote rackmup: "And special thanks to:

<font color=blue>... cueball1950, Barbara, Rod, Alfie, Cuemage, ... </font color=blue>

Have a great weekend and thanks for the kind words of support. I'll catch a fish for each of you (hopefully!)"

You call "yeah, yeah, yeah ... next!" kind words of support?

Well, I didn't castigate you, so i guess you can read that as support. Truth be told, I skip most of your posts. I'm not putting them down. I see that others find worth in them. They just aren't my cup of tea, i.e., I prefer my billiard discussion groups with less chit-chat and wordy parodies.

Everybody, please don't read more into these words than what is there and then jump on my case about it. I'm not saying he should not post his stuff. I can easily skip what I don't want to read.

And, if the Board of Governors votes to banish Rackmup, well, that's OK with me, too.

Alfie- here on a tourist visa

Cuemage
04-22-2002, 05:53 PM
This is a lil late, but catch me a guppy...

Tha Cuemage

Barbara
04-22-2002, 06:44 PM
Uh, Ken? Feel free to let go the one you catch for me. And don't forget to apologize for putting that hole in its mouth, too.

Barbara~~~thinks she was a fish in a former life and wouldn't eat her former friends....

TomBrooklyn
04-22-2002, 07:57 PM
Man cannot live on pecans alone.

rackmup
04-23-2002, 05:02 AM
All of my life I have been a "catch and release" fisherman. I've caught countless numbers of fish, photographed them and let them go.

Since I started fishing with my new Father-in-law, that has changed...and I felt guilty about it...until the first fish fry!

I look at it this way; I'm not a vegitarian and the meat I DO eat was probably killed in a more inhumane way than the manner with which my catch perishes.

p.s.

It's too late to let yours go...it's on it's way in a white styrofoam chest, packed in dry ice, covered in lemon slices and I've included some cajun seasoning with it. Simply roll the filets in the seasoning, fry until lightly brown in 2" of vegetable oil, in a cast-iron skillet (about 3-4 minutes on each side.) Serve with homemade coleslaw, fresh corn-on-the-cob and an ice-cold beer. If done properly, you'll never notice the hole in it's lip!

Regards,

Ken

MikeM
04-23-2002, 06:42 AM
My mouth's watering like crazy. Send me some too Ken!

Kato
04-23-2002, 08:28 AM
It's too late to let yours go...it's on it's way in a white styrofoam chest, packed in dry ice, covered in lemon slices and I've included some cajun seasoning with it. Simply roll the filets in the seasoning, fry until lightly brown in 2" of vegetable oil, in a cast-iron skillet (about 3-4 minutes on each side.) Serve with homemade coleslaw, fresh corn-on-the-cob and an ice-cold beer. If done properly, you'll never notice the hole in it's lip!

I'm sure Barbara is thrilled Ken. Personally I prefer fish from the ocean.

Kato~~~shrugs