PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to THE POOL GATHERING!!!!

Drake
01-02-2004, 08:38 AM
T - 14 days til Derby City. I can not explain what Derby is like.....It is everything you have heard plus more. Constant Action between mini tournaments upstairs and downstairs and big money games between Pro's and Amateur's. There is nothing like it. Are the CCB'ers going to get together and meet???

Wally_in_Cincy
01-02-2004, 10:07 AM
I'm going to try to make it for the last 3 days. Cueball1950 and I were talking about getting together for some 14.1

Is there a pool hall nearby? Would I be able to get a table? I'm not familiar with the area. I haven't been to L'ville for many years.

Qtec
01-02-2004, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Would I be able to get a table? <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry Wally. No ball bangers! HaHaHa

I,m so funny. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
01-02-2004, 10:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Sorry Wally. No ball bangers! HaHaHa

I,m so funny. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah you're funny. I laugh at you all the time /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

NH_Steve
01-02-2004, 11:27 AM
I'll be there for the One Pocket &amp; would like to meet &amp; greet &amp; compete a little maybe /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Finding a free table for a casual challenge is pretty difficult at the DCC what with so many tourney matches, and the after hours competition. Sometimes in the morning like around 10 AM there are practice tables available -- which of course is pretty early if you stay up for the 3AM action.

There is supposed to a be a public pool room only a few miles away, but as yet, I have never left the hotel except for stepping outside for a little fresh air /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There is of course a hotel dining room, and a certain table in there could be sort of designated (if it's available) to meet for 'breakfast' prior to the match schedules, for those who felt like rising before noon /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Rhino Chaser
01-02-2004, 01:21 PM
Wally:

Bankshot Billards is fairly close to the DCC. Has two rooms one upstaris and one downstairs. The tables are all nine footers if I remember correctly. You shouldn't have any problem getting a table the owner said there pretty dead during the tourney. Myself, Ralph S., and Sac Town Tom aka Tom in Cincy met up and played a little there last year.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-02-2004, 02:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote The Rhino Chaser:</font><hr> Wally:

Bankshot Billards is fairly close to the DCC. Has two rooms one upstaris and one downstairs. The tables are all nine footers if I remember correctly. You shouldn't have any problem getting a table the owner said there pretty dead during the tourney. Myself, Ralph S., and Sac Town Tom aka Tom in Cincy met up and played a little there last year.<hr /></blockquote>

Thank you sir.

Bank Shot Billiard Inc
Address: 403 E Market, Louisville, KY 40202
Phone: (502) 587-8260
4.3 mi. from Executive West

I also noticed there are about 10 "gentleman's clubs" within 3 miles /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ralph S.
01-02-2004, 04:06 PM
Hi Rhino. Banksot Billiards is a cool room and has good equipment. Getting table time is not a problem usually because everyone is at the DCC. IIRC Bankshot is located at the corner of Market and Preston downtown in a really old, white bank building. They even still have the vault with the pro shop inside if memory serves me correct.

snook
01-02-2004, 09:01 PM
hmmn..fourteen days, roughly, i think i could make it if anybody wants to meet up for breakfast, pool, or railbirding /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brady_Behrman
01-02-2004, 09:07 PM
People leave the hotel during the DCC?

I was there last year and dont remember seeing much daylight...lol

WHAT AN EVENT! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Brady

Drake
01-04-2004, 01:46 PM
Maybe we can all get together and sweat some action matches Saturday Night??