PDA

View Full Version : Woman busted for selling rat-on-a-stick

Wally_in_Cincy
01-02-2004, 11:46 AM
<font color="blue">Hey Rod. What the hell's going on out there? LOL </font color>

When inspector Tim Hurst stopped by an African market in Tempe, he discovered the business was illegally selling "bush meat": basically, a rat on a stick. It was the torso and head, complete with whiskers and teeth, and it still had all its fur.

"I knew right off the bat it wasn't (Food and Drug Administration) inspected," he said.

Hurst said he confiscated the food, which is considered a delicacy in Africa but is illegal here, and worked with the woman to obtain the proper permits to sell other types of food.

"She had no idea what the health department was," he said. "Obviously, the country she came from had no sort of regulations in place. . . . I kind of caught her off-guard when I went in there."

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/1219chinese19.html

Rod
01-02-2004, 02:23 PM
Hell I don't know Wally. I guess they live here to stay warm in the winter. The Health Dept use to complain I didn't have a mop sink and extra floor drain. LOL Pretty light compared to the stuff I see. Channel 5 here has the nightly restruants that get bad reviews. Some of them are well known and have 7 or 8 violations. Once in a while they close them down until things are in order.

A gal said she wanted to go to the Tempe block party at new years, but didn't go. I'll have to tell her what they might be serving up out there. It all tastes like chicken if your drunk! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ralph S.
01-02-2004, 04:27 PM
Ralph S.&gt; envisions all the stray alley cats lining up at the door looking for an easy meal. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
01-02-2004, 04:58 PM
They eat giant swamp rodents in Germany too.
Yikes!

CarolNYC
01-03-2004, 07:24 AM
Compared to what they have to eat on "Fear Factor", that might good! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Yuck!
Carol