PDA

View Full Version : Straight pool rule question...

Chris Cass
01-02-2004, 12:15 PM
Hi Everyone,

Feel free to jump in Popcorn. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ok, I haven't played any 14-1 for like a couple of yrs but as I remember right if you touch another ball while in the process of shooting with your cue and it doesn't effect the shot your shooting but just nudge it. I was always under the impression that your minus one point for the foul but you still can shoot without giving up your inning.

I looked in Phil's straight pool book and another and couldn't find it.

Regards,

C.C.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-02-2004, 12:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>..I was always under the impression that your minus one point for the foul but you still can shoot without giving up your inning.
<hr /></blockquote>

Hey Chris, I can't think of any games where you can foul yet continue shooting /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

unless it's your third foul and you have to re-break

Voodoo Daddy
01-02-2004, 12:39 PM
Depends CC...if your playing table or all ball fouls or cue ball fouls only. The old 14.1 guys would tuck their ties in so thay would graze the balls, which was a foul. As long as the object ball does not impied the path of the cue ball...the opponent has the option to put it back or leave it stand. If you move it without consultaion with your opponent, its a foul.

Voodoo~~~will play 14.1 with CC if he wears a coat, tie and straight jacket!!

tateuts
01-02-2004, 12:40 PM
Hi Chris,

Haven't played in a while either, but I recall tournament rules on object ball fouls were loss of turn and minus a point. Plus, if a ball was pocketed on a fouled shot, I seem to recall it was spotted back up as well.

In our local games, we didn't play object ball fouls at all.

Chris

Troy
01-02-2004, 12:57 PM
So that's why they wore Tux's eh... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr>The old 14.1 guys would tuck their ties in.....

Voodoo~~~will play 14.1 with CC if he wears a coat, tie and straight jacket!! <hr /></blockquote>

Chris Cass
01-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Well,

I guess I'm off base here. It's been awhile like I said. When I played it was all about running and if a guy tapped a ball it wasn't a big deal but some would stress a point be taken so, I go with the flow. LOL

Thank you all so much and I guess you would give up the inning for a foul no matter what.

Thanks,

C.C.

#### leonard
01-02-2004, 11:56 PM
Chris without a ref it was foul on cueball only.I don't how you could play any other way. Even with Refs the calls are suspect. Game in point Luther Lassiter vs Jack Colavita in a Worlds Tourney game Luther plays a bad safe and the ref calls it a good safe, now instead of being on a scratch he is good but the audience yelled so loud that he scratched and Luther agreed that he fouled. Now the game went to Colavita and the ref had bet on Lassiter.####