PDA

View Full Version : New cue case

aaatkr
01-02-2004, 01:07 PM
Thanks to all for your advice on my cue purchase. I went with the Jacoby. Now I need new case. I want a 2x4 case and was looking at the Instroke Vinyl Premier, the Giuseppe,
the Bentley, and the Action ALC 24. I prefer leather, but $200 is my absolute max. Are the GEO(recycled leather) cases any good? Ant advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

pooltchr
01-02-2004, 01:10 PM
Both my wife and I have the GEO cases, and I couldn't be happier. Typical Instroke quality at a nice $$ savings!

aaatkr
01-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Is there a rule of thumb as to how much one should spend on a case relative to the value of the cue?

buddha162
01-03-2004, 05:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote aaatkr:</font><hr> Is there a rule of thumb as to how much one should spend on a case relative to the value of the cue? <hr /></blockquote>

No, but at a minimum, the case should protect any cue if you drop it from arm's length, or throw it across a parking lot in a bout of rage. Instrokes offer great protection, probably the best in the business, and I have a Premier 3x5 that looks just like leather.

It also has silver rivets instead of gold (and less of them), which I think looks better and less gaudy.

Roger