PDA

View Full Version : question on builiding a pool room..

ray
01-02-2004, 03:24 PM
i wanna put a table out in my garage..

i have laid carpet and sealed off the garage door with sheetrock and insulation. i have also ran a AC vent out there for cool air and heat.

what are the disadvantages of having a table out there, if there are any?

your help would be greatly appreciated..

ray

Ralph S.
01-02-2004, 03:58 PM
If the room is sealed off from outside elements and is climate controlled, I see no problems unless space restrictions and decor become an issue with the wife/girlfriend lol.

ray
01-02-2004, 04:02 PM
actually, the room was the girlfriends idea. she even bought the brunswick! she gets to decorate the house and i get to diplay my sports memorabilia in the pool room, autographed jerseys, pics, boxing gloves, etc...

so it works out well for both of us!

ray

PQQLK9
01-03-2004, 02:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ray:</font><hr>what are the disadvantages of having a table out there, if there are any?<hr /></blockquote>
It does not leave much space to park the car. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

logixrat
01-03-2004, 10:00 PM
As someone else noted, the only true disadvantage I see is the lack of a covered parking area. Maybe that ain't a big deal where you live, who knows.

One thing I might suggest if you don't already have sheetrock up on any connecting walls. Go ahead and insulate the wazoo out of them, and maybe even put in some sound board. That way, you can shoot in the wee hours of the morning w/o causing a rukus.

Good luck!
LogixRat
P-)

houstondan
01-04-2004, 11:14 AM
most garages are built with a pretty good slope to the slab floor. you probably want to check that out before going forward. it can be dealt with but walking up and down the hill will get old in a hurry.

dan