PDA

View Full Version : Marble pool table???

slbrown
01-02-2004, 03:33 PM
I have a Fisher 8 foot table. I am told by the previous owner that it is 7/8" marble. I never heard of this and can't seem to find anything about marble tables on the net. Can someone shed some light on this? Can this be true? How can I find out without tearing the table apart? And if I wanted to sell it, what might it be worth?

I don't use it. The felt and bumpers are new. The (fake) wood grain on the outside is a little beat up and needs to be recovered.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

heater451
01-05-2004, 05:46 PM
You will get answers in the "Pool Related" forum.

The "Newbie" forum title is misleading. It's meant for people to ask about using the board format itself, and not for pool discussion.

BTW, I've heard of marble tables, but never actually known of one. You might be able to check for exposed stone from underneath the frame. Usually, the frame will have a 'backer' (don't know the real name) under the 'slate', and the cloth/felt is wrapped over the 'slate' and stapled to the backer. The rail cap, with the cushions and pockets sit on top. You might be able to find a place where the stone shows through the cloth.

HTH

bigshooter
01-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Never heard of a marble table.

05-27-2004, 07:16 AM
I also have a Fischer Empire VII, and was told by the movers that the top was marble. Just like you I can't find any more info on marble. Good luck /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

06-15-2004, 07:20 AM
I just sold my Fisher 7' pool table and yes the top is marble. Its very heavy and on the bottom side of the top it says genuine marble.

09-10-2004, 10:04 PM
I would like to know how much you payed for the 7'fisher pooltable,becase I have a 9'fisherpooltable that,s not mable.and its about 30years old.reply. <font color="red"> </font color>

Rod
09-11-2004, 12:04 AM
I have no clue what the table is worth other than bar tables go about $800 up depending on the area.

There are plenty of them out there so who knows. It's more of supply and demand for your area. I hope one day a table mechanic will reply as to the construction but some are extremely solid as I have played on one.

Rod

09-17-2004, 05:52 PM
i've seen two of these types of tables ,both tables had framed marble,one was genuine marble,the other was a marble chip,epoxy resin blend.im guessing that the wieght is similar to slate, so if the cutting and diamond hone process is the same as slate it should play well.

table_tech
09-17-2004, 06:05 PM
i see that forgot to log in,tables are hard to estimate the vaule without seeing them,i'd bet your table cost between 1200$-1800$ new.depending on the condition its worth between 600-900 $.