PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions?? Need help from people "in the know"

csidden
01-03-2004, 01:03 PM
Hello! This is my first post here - please be kind...

I have finally talked my wife into shopping for a new Pool Table. My issue is that there are a few requirements I need to fulfill...

The table must be 7' x 3.5" due to room size.

The table must be a Furniture Type table.

The table must have the option to purchase a Dining Table Top Conversion.

Olhausen offers the Dining Table Top Conversion, but according to their website, they don't offer them for 7' tables.

I have $2000 to $3000 to spend - I want the best / nicest table for that price - ANY SUGGESTIONS???

Thanks in advance,

Brandon
North Carolina

pooltchr
01-03-2004, 01:21 PM
Brandon,
Welcome! Living in North Carolina, you shouldn't have any trouble finding a good cabinet maker, ex furniature plant worker who could build a very nice table top cover to fit most any table. I would look for a table in the 2000 range that meets the style requirements of the resident female, and then have someone build a table top to fit. Keeps you in your budget, keeps the lady happy, and gets you a table at home. Win-win-win.
Steve

Bassn7
01-03-2004, 01:31 PM
Buy a 'Valley' 7 foot bar table and then go to Mueller Sporting Goods and order their table top cover for that size table. Practice on an actual bar table, not a 7 foot fancy piece of furniture. This is what I've done and my game and the room are great.

csidden
01-03-2004, 04:51 PM
Thanks Pooltchr and Bassn7...

I have looked at the Valley Black Cat 7' Table. There is a dealer in Charlotte (Not too far from Statesville) that has these. I will go check them out.

Also, the idea of finding someone to build a table top is one that I hadn't thought of. I will check into that as well.

Thanks to both of you.

Anyone with any more suggestions??

Thanks again!

Brandon
North Carolina

JimS
01-03-2004, 07:34 PM
Practicing on the bar box is a good idea but I don't it'll keep peace in the family. I'm thinking you'll need the pretty table leg thing...scrolled legs and claw & ball feet...that sort of thing.

There are lots of tables out there that will fill that bill. Olhausen makes a very nice furniture table in 7Ft and it'll suit your needs just fine....unless you are looking to get seriously competitive. Once you have the nice legs and feet you can find a cabinet maker to make a nice conversion top for dining and may even store under the table while using the table for pool.

Aren't dining rooms a waste?! So much room and so little use. Very inefficient use of space. Not cost effective...as they say. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fred Agnir
01-04-2004, 07:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bassn7:</font><hr> Buy a 'Valley' 7 foot bar table and then go to Mueller Sporting Goods and order their table top cover for that size table. Practice on an actual bar table, not a 7 foot fancy piece of furniture. This is what I've done and my game and the room are great. <hr /></blockquote> Warning: a Valley 7' table is bigger than a furniture-style 7' table. Room constraints may be a big factor.

Fred