PDA

View Full Version : Super Aramith Pro balls

04-19-2002, 12:13 PM
Anyone care to opine on the quality comparison of Super Aramith Pro's versus Brunswick Centennials? Assuming the votes favor the Centennials, are they really worth twice the price of the SAP's?

Pizza Bob
04-19-2002, 12:29 PM
Don't know where you've been shopping, but in most instances the SAP's are usually only about $10 less, NOT half the price. Check out the following site:
http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/accessories/billiard_balls.htm

Adios,

Pizza Bob

04-19-2002, 12:43 PM
Hadn't seen that $169 price. Most of the sites have the Cent's for between $189 and $200. Hotshotscanada.com has the SAP's for $117. But, what's your opinion of the two?

Tom_In_Cincy
04-19-2002, 12:47 PM
SAP balls are as good as the Brunswick sets.
Played with both and enjoy both.

Brunswick balls just look better than SAP

Rod
04-19-2002, 01:16 PM
I prefer the SAP only because of appearance. I have a new set that I play 14-1 or 1 pocket. The centenial c/b, blue circle is slightly heaver which probably matches the set. The SAP red triangle is lighter than the blue circle, but my guess is it probably matches the SAP balls in weight.
I have notes somewhere on c/b weights, but not on o/b ball weights in different sets. Either set is made with very high standards.

JimS
04-19-2002, 01:23 PM
I don't think there's any difference in quality or playability. I prefer the looks of the Centennials.

04-20-2002, 11:49 AM
Aramith Super Pro's and Centennials are made by the same manufacturer in Belgium to the same high standards. If you have to pay twice the price for Centennials you are indeed being ripped off.

04-20-2002, 12:13 PM
Having cleaned and maintained pool balls by hand for quite a few years the porosity of the Centennials seems less than the Aramith. In the long run, a commercial enviornment, the SAP will IMO pick up dirt faster and change play quicker under the same conditions as the Centennials. If you use a ball washer in your room the material that the buffing wheel is made out of (much like comet does to a toilet) will wear down the surface quickly, cause the balls to pick up dirt faster, and playability will completely change within two hours, especially in a damp climate where dirt seems more prevalant. BF

Tom_In_Cincy
04-20-2002, 01:25 PM
I had to go look that up..

Main Entry: po.ros.i.ty
Pronunciation: p&-'rä-s&-tE, po-
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
Inflected Form(s): plural -ties
1 a : the quality or state of being porous b : the ratio of the volume of interstices of a material to the volume of its mass
2 : PORE