PDA

View Full Version : To Tom_in_Cincy (Non-pool related)

04-19-2002, 12:13 PM
I see the Cincy Reds logo in your posts...

Ahem...

GO MARINERS!!!!! GO MARINERS!!!!! M - A - R - I - N - E - R - S!!!!!!! Win percentage so far this year of .812!!!! Yes, that was .812!!!! M's just swept their road series!!!! 8 straight road victories!!!!! 10 straight wins!!!!!

Go M's!!!! Go M's!!!!!

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

We now return you to our regularly scheduled Pool discussions...

Tom_In_Cincy
04-19-2002, 12:24 PM
Home and away series in June.. already have tickets for the Mariners Reds game.. just want to see Pinella's face when he returns.

His last world series title came while coaching the RED's 1990 wire to wire year..

Doctor_D
04-19-2002, 12:28 PM
Good afternoon Gentlemen:

It appears that we will have a little Baseball rivalry here on the CCB this Summer!

Dr. D.

04-19-2002, 12:31 PM
That should be fun!

I haven't been to a Mariner's game in years (got tickets via a friend at work). I'm not really a baseball fan, but I have become a Mariner's fan. I'll probably go out to see a game or two this year. We ("we" referring to all of us evil Microsoft employees) can sometimes get discounts on tickets. A friend of mine (who also is a world champion pro and one of my coaches, not a MSFT guy) want to get some tickets out by right field, so we can watch Ichiro running around out there. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

04-19-2002, 12:33 PM
Hey, don't you live in New York? Isn't there some team out there...let's see now...they are named...um...the Northerners? Nah, that's not it. Hmmm....the Carpetbaggers? Nope, that's not it either. Gee, what is their name? I know it'll come to me sooner or later!

Tom_In_Cincy
04-19-2002, 12:36 PM
I've been a baseball fan since the time when there was only 8 teams in each league.

Big time fan of the St. Louis Cardinals and Boston Red Sox. But, living in Cincy.. for the past 15 years has now allowed me to root for the Reds.

Doctor_D
04-19-2002, 12:36 PM
Good afternoon:

Cute, very very cute !!!

In New York City we have several professional teams. In baseball, as I am sure you are aware as I doubt you are suffering from any Senior Moments, we have the Yankees and the Mets. Additionally, since I am not a Baseball fan I do not know their names, we have many Minor league teams through-out New York and New Jersey.

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

Tom_In_Cincy
04-19-2002, 12:40 PM
Two of the best teams MONEY can buy are located in the NY area.. forget their names.. I think one is the metropolitans... and the other team is the Hilltoppers or something like that..

stickman
04-19-2002, 02:45 PM
I haven't been a baseball fan since the year they went on strike. I used to be a KC Royals fan. My niece's boyfriend is soon to be a pitcher for the Diamondbacks, at least they promised him he would be. They drafted him and then shortly after he had rotator cup surgery. They sent him down to the minor league to recoup. He's ready now. I think he was considering going elsewhere because he didn't want to stay in the minors. That's when they promised to bring him up sometime this year. So now I'm pretty much a Diamondback fan. Too bad he wasn't ready to play last year. Even if he sat on the bench, he would have gotten a world series champion ring.

04-19-2002, 02:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Mike:</font><hr> Hey, don't you live in New York? Isn't there some team out there...let's see now...they are named...um...the Northerners? Nah, that's not it. Hmmm....the Carpetbaggers? Nope, that's not it either. Gee, what is their name? I know it'll come to me sooner or later!
/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

Hey Mike,
Try this stat: over 25% of all World Series titles have been won by...............Yep, the Yankees!

Eric &gt;Daa Daa dada da Daa-Start spreading the news...

Tom_In_Cincy
04-19-2002, 02:56 PM
The 2001 World Series was the best one I have ever seen. And, I have been listening to or watching the WS since the 1950s. The only one I missed is when the Owners did the lockout and cancelled the WS.

Tom_In_Cincy
04-19-2002, 02:58 PM
Never met a Yankees fan that didn't know how many WS they had won.. proud fans they are.. and have the right to be.

04-19-2002, 03:01 PM
P.s Who derails the M's playoff hopes?

04-19-2002, 03:04 PM
All in good fun, Tom. Gotta have something to look forward to, right?

E

rackmup
04-21-2002, 06:59 AM
Seattle is a great team (not as great as my D-Backs!) But...what mental breakdown did they have the other night when the Texas Rangers spanked them 9-0?

Regards,

Ken (trying to adjust to watching AL baseball and a losing team)

04-21-2002, 12:44 PM
Heh heh! Guess I deserved that one, eh?

04-21-2002, 12:47 PM
Yeah, no kidding! Interestingly, a friend of mine said before the series started that "The Rangers don't have a good record, but they are DANGEROUS. They've got a lot of talent swinging those bats." I believe him now!

P.S. GO RANDY JOHNSON!!!!

MikeM
04-22-2002, 09:27 AM
This thread is very painful to us in the DC metro area.

Thanks to Bud "$*&amp;()%&amp;" Selig and Peter "stinking lousy &amp;*^(&amp;^" Angelos, we may never get a team in my lifetime. I was lucky enough (and am old enough) to have attended a few Senators games in the late 60s and 1970 so I can remember baseball in Washington. Remember us poor souls in Washington as you battle it out for the pennant.

MM

Rich R.
04-22-2002, 09:33 AM
Believe me Mike, if Washington gets a team and the owner is anything like Peter Angelos, you are not missing anything.
Rich R.~~~Orioles season ticket holder.

MikeM
04-22-2002, 09:37 AM
Rich,

LOL. I see your point, but any owner (except Asbestos Pete!) would be welcome. We do have Danny Boy Snyder here remember!

MM

MikeM
04-22-2002, 09:38 AM
Hey I just noticed I made NEWBIE!!!!

Yeeeeeeha!

MM

Kato
04-22-2002, 10:12 AM
Here comes Kato. As a mini-season ticket holder to the Florida Marlins and MONSTER Red Sox fan I can see some Yankee/Red Sox banter coming along. Sadly, John Henry, the ex-owner of the Marlins became a owner of the Red Sox and that sux!!!!!!!! He promised us a stadium and when we voted down taxes he bolted. Hopefully, the Bosox can hold it together as they are playing well. The Marlin's are fairly exciting but no bullpen and spotty offensively. We'll see if they continue to mature and can beat the Braves every once and a while they may challenge someone. Is anybody pitching better than Randy Johnson? I think not. 17K's last night. He's a freak!!!!!!!!!

Kato~~~BigTime Baseball Fan