PDA

View Full Version : speaking of being stiffed

snook
01-05-2004, 08:38 PM
like the recent thread was talking about being stiffed. i wasnt ESACTLY stiffed. i'm 17 shooting with a bunch of 21 year olds that are drinking, i'm just shooting casualy, 4 and 5 ball runs, not really playing hard for location though. i jokingly say i shoot 1 handed for 5 a rack, they laugh and say no. so me and my partner(horrid shot, complete newby) had been keeping the table for about half an hour when two of the guys walk up and ask if we want to put twenty on it. i say sure, and i have to spot my partner 10. but i told him i was taking all the money if we won. its fine, its my break, i break and run 5 and the rest of the table is wide open, one of the players looks at me and says "moneys off" i ask him what he means. he says, "i think we'll take the money off this one" i told him the money was either on or off. he says its off. i walk over and grab my twenty out of the cup(they didnt put their money in even!) and knock the cueball in the pocket with my stick, break my cue down and tell them i'm going to go play with somebody who plays honest.

woody_968
01-05-2004, 09:05 PM
If you put your money in the cup I assume you wanted the money to be set aside by them also. Why did you start the game before they put the money up?

Other than that I think ya did the right thing, just walk away.

On a side note our snooker game is back up and running at Imperial Lanes. We are almost always there on Fri afternoons and most of the day on Sat and Sundays you will find someone there. Some of us will be gone this weekend to play the tourny in Evansville, but your welcome to come play with us at Imperial any time.

snook
01-06-2004, 07:14 PM
i was at imperial tonight, played 9ball with a very nice man named josh. i heard about that tournament, whats the dates on it? i would like to go if i can squeeze it in. perhaps next weekend me and some of my friends will come to t.h. to shoot some snooker or golf, who knows.

woody_968
01-06-2004, 07:17 PM
AH you played with Josh Thome /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif He is riding with me to Evansville. The tourny is this Fri, Sat, and Sun. They were supposed to start recovering pool tables at imperial today, was anyone there working on them? I hope so, then there may be some more 9 ball being played.

snook
01-06-2004, 08:10 PM
yup, they looked like they were working on about 3 tables and doing a beautiful job, no shortcuts. whats the specs on the tourney?

woody_968
01-06-2004, 08:47 PM
Its 8ball, race to 4. Normally played on 9'tables but they are having it on the boat this year and didnt realise they couldnt get 9 footers through the doors so they are playing on bar tables. Next year they will have the convention center done so it will be back to big tables. It normally fills up so you must enter early.

Glad to hear they were working at Imperial.

snook
01-07-2004, 04:10 PM
at the boat, i suppose that means its over 21?...oh well...guess theirs always next year..