PDA

View Full Version : Soldier's Funeral - Texas Style

Singlemalt
01-06-2004, 09:15 AM
I wanted to share this with all. Check it out, it does not take long but I was very moved by it and I hope you will enjoy this as well.....

http://members.accessus.net/~tmcdonld/lighthse/Texas.htm

Wally_in_Cincy
01-06-2004, 09:23 AM
Wow.

I don't know what to say.

Thank you James Kiehl.

and God bless Texas.

OnePocketChamp
01-06-2004, 11:01 AM
This makes me proud to be an American and especially proud to be a Texan---thanks for posting this for all to share.

Paul_Mon
01-06-2004, 11:37 AM
Very touching. This is what makes our country great. God bless him and his family.

Cueless Joey
01-06-2004, 01:20 PM
God bless our troops and the Texans.

cheesemouse
01-06-2004, 05:49 PM
Very nice...

Barbara
01-06-2004, 06:08 PM
That was very touching.

I know I wouldn't be able to keep a dry eye.

Barbara

Ralph S.
01-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Very touching, particular the part about the Scouting group.

rackmup
01-07-2004, 05:15 PM
One of the first things I learned upon stepping foot onto Texas soil was what a proud state this is. I also learned what it was like (for the first time as an adult)to have a neighbor who cared for you and wanted to know you beyond that morning wave as you hastily back out of the driveway as you leave for work. I learned what true friendship is and those who gave it to me know their names.

Texans are proud of their native sons and daughters who serve in the military, walking the uncertain fences of foreign borders in lands where they are hated but they do it so we, as Americans, can sleep safely each night. They risk their lives every minute so those who curse them might know a better life. A life full of freedom. A life where one can worship openly and freely. A life where man and woman are equal and one doesn't have to bow down to another.

The day is coming when the tyranic rulers of these countries, where the blood of American troops is spilled each and every day, will all be found cowering in their respective holes and brought to some form of justice. And know that it will be at the hands of the mighty American military that will see that task through.

And yes...PROUD Texans will be in those numbers, along with their brothers and sisters of other great American states as peace is brought to places that never knew it before.

I too, bear silent thanks to those that make our country great and silently pray for the families of those who so unselfishly give of themselves to give me the freedoms I enjoy.

God Bless our troops.

Regards,

Ken (wasn't born in Texas but got here as quick as I could.)