PDA

View Full Version : SNOW SNOW SNOW!!

UWPoolGod
01-06-2004, 09:42 AM
We had been hearing all of yesterday that a large snow storm was coming by 3:00 yesterday...by 12:00 midnight as I walked out of the pool tourney there wasn't a spec in the sky. I woke up about 3:00 and checked outside to there being a light dusting of powder, but by this morning there was 6 inches on my car of the best powder any ski resort would cream their pants over. Too bad I had to head to work today. Bummer.

ChrisW
01-06-2004, 02:29 PM
Well now I know what I have to look forward to because
I am just getting the begining of that same storm.
Chris

Karatemom
01-06-2004, 10:35 PM
I suppose that is the storm that will bring us more snow later this week. We've already had 9 inches Sunday and Monday - like that wasn't enough, temps climbed to a balmy 10 degrees (if that) on Monday.

I suppose it could be worse and we could live in the Northeast where they get those nasty noreasters, but all the same, I hate snow no matter where I am!

Heide ~ will get another work out shoveling even more snow

stickman
01-07-2004, 01:08 AM
Except for deer hunting, I could satisfy myself with seeing pictures of snow. Honestly, I could hunt deer without snow, but I've seen times when it was convenient. Deer season is over, so let spring begin! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

UWPoolGod
01-09-2004, 10:27 AM
Well finally back to work after the mess. Left Tuesday morning around 10:00 AM and then came back today. 8 inches of snow followed by two days of sleet/freezing rain putting a nice inch layer of ice over the whole area. Terrible. Finally breaking up today enough to make it to work. Still have to hold the railings heading up the steps at my apartment with 3 inches of ice/snow on there.

Voodoo Daddy
01-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Miami forecast though the weekend...SUNNY, mid-70's. Shorts, T-shirts and maybe a lil suntan oil in order!!!

Voodoo~~~loves snow from a distance, for now!

Wally_in_Cincy
01-10-2004, 09:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Miami forecast though the weekend...SUNNY, mid-70's. Shorts, T-shirts and maybe a lil suntan oil in order!!!

Voodoo~~~loves snow from a distance, for now! <hr /></blockquote>

You'll never move. You can't ride a scooter in the snow /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif