PDA

View Full Version : Attention Florida Shooters!

Stretch
01-06-2004, 10:31 AM
Welp, the Stretch Man is heading down to Florida next Month. It would be so Cool to meet up with some of you for a game or many! I've never been down that way before but my future father in law (Still hit's em great for 80) Winters down there and he's already setting up some matches with friends of friends type thing at a place called "Franks" in Leesburge, and another place called "Fat Cats" in Mount Dora. But the more the merrier, you know what i mean? lol

Anyone handy to these places, or even heard of them? St.(looking forward to the Golf and Fishing too!)

Barbara
01-06-2004, 10:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> but my future father in law <hr /></blockquote>

Well well well!! Someone's been busy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~sic 'em Kato, sic 'em!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
01-06-2004, 10:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr>.."Fat Cats" in Mount Dora. <hr /></blockquote>

I think jjinfla lives within a reasonable driving distance of there.

Florida? Do you even own a pair of shorts? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

stretch's house:

http://wondermill.com/igloo.jpg

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Popcorn
01-06-2004, 01:50 PM
Mount Dora is a really nice place. It often gets on lists of the best places to live in the US. I have a few acres there that I plan on building a house on one of these days.

eg8r
01-06-2004, 02:19 PM
I would definitely love to meet up with you and the rest of the board members in the area. Mount Dora is about 20-30 mins away.

eg8r

jjinfla
01-06-2004, 06:38 PM
Haven't been to Fat Cats in quite a few months now. They used to have a nice tournament the first saturday of the month where a lot of the top players would show up but after Dan Lavoi sold the place that tournament sort of dried up. But now I hear there is an 8-ball tournament on saturdays and they use APA handicaps so I guess they don't have any top players in it. I live about 35 miles north of Mt. Dora.

Jake

Kato
01-07-2004, 12:14 AM
I love Mount Dora, Popcorn you're a lucky guy.

I played in a tournament at Fat Cats a couple years back, made a long weekend of it. The golf is great up there too. Sadly it's about 4 hours away or so. All I can say right now is "Maybe". If the chips fall right I'll show up.

Kato~~~check out the babes at Fat Cats on Saturday nights. There's a night club there, all I can say is "WOW"!!!!!!!

mtuckeriii
01-07-2004, 05:50 AM
I live in Leesburg and play at Franks all of the time. Nice room with a old timey feel. 5 4 X 8's, 1 4 1/2 X 9 and two snooker tables. They used to have the best reuben south of New York before the smoking law passed and he had to stop serving food. Now he just has hot dogs and snacks.

I used to play a Fat Cats before Dan sold it. The place has really gone down hill since then.

Who is your future father in law? I probably know him.

Stretch
01-07-2004, 09:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mtuckeriii:</font><hr> I live in Leesburg and play at Franks all of the time. Nice room with a old timey feel. 5 4 X 8's, 1 4 1/2 X 9 and two snooker tables. They used to have the best reuben south of New York before the smoking law passed and he had to stop serving food. Now he just has hot dogs and snacks.

I used to play a Fat Cats before Dan sold it. The place has really gone down hill since then.

<hr /></blockquote>

The ol'boys name is Bill Pinkerton. Him and Jean live in a retirement park about 20 minuits out of town i believe. They have thier own 2 table room in the park and him and his cronies lol are real avid players. There's a lot of friendly wuffing going on down there now and Bill can hardly wait to turn me loose. His rivals are promising to bring in some ringers cause Bill's been braggin me up. Should be a lot of side-action /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Me, i just have fun and play.

We've booked our flight for Feb. 16th till the 23rd. So I'm thinking we could all meet up and kill a Saterday on the 21st. If enough people show we could even have our own mini tournament. Sound good? St.

Stretch
01-07-2004, 10:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> but my future father in law <hr /></blockquote>

Well well well!! Someone's been busy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~sic 'em Kato, sic 'em!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

My search is finally over.....She's "The One". Sigh, I'm a lucky man. St (no longer craves attention, i'm content)

Stretch
01-07-2004, 10:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr>.."Fat Cats" in Mount Dora. <hr /></blockquote>

I think jjinfla lives within a reasonable driving distance of there.

Florida? Do you even own a pair of shorts? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

stretch's house:

http://wondermill.com/igloo.jpg

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Wally I'm LMFAO!! You havn't lost your funny bone my friend. St

eg8r
01-07-2004, 11:28 AM
I'm in. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Stretch
01-07-2004, 12:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mtuckeriii:</font><hr> I live in Leesburg and play at Franks all of the time. Nice room with a old timey feel. 5 4 X 8's, 1 4 1/2 X 9 and two snooker tables. They used to have the best reuben south of New York before the smoking law passed and he had to stop serving food. Now he just has hot dogs and snacks.

<hr /></blockquote>

Hey Murray, i just checked with the better half. Her parents live right in Leesburg apparently. It's called the Bonfire Adult Mobile Park close to some Mall. That's all i know. His Name is Bill Pinkerton. Anyway, it's a go for Sat. Feb 21st.
Judgeing by the response already it should be a Wicked good time!!
I'll post as things develope and time draws near. CAN'T WAIT! St ~tomorrow it's going down to -30 C with the wind chill....it's going to be great to thaw out for a while~