PDA

View Full Version : If ya drink, whats your Drink of choice?

Voodoo Daddy
01-06-2004, 01:25 PM
Summer = Grey Goose/OJ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Fall = Amaretto on the rocks /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Winter = Jack Danials/Coke /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Spring = Bacardi 151 Rum Runners /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If ya dont drink...I'll offer ya some water or coffee!!!

Voodoo~~~am I the only person that drinks certain stuff at certain times of year?

ray
01-06-2004, 01:34 PM
all year long:

1800 with a heineken chaser

ray

Wally_in_Cincy
01-06-2004, 01:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Summer = Grey Goose/OJ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
....<hr /></blockquote>

I guess I'm weird. I like vodka and OJ but I don't like to taste the vodka. Not really partial to Absolut or Grey Goose.

After working in the yard all day or after working out I like an Icehouse or 6

Singlemalt
01-06-2004, 01:38 PM
Summer = New Castle or Stoli Vanilla/Ginger Ale
Fall = Scotch
Winter = Scotch
Spring = Maragrita's

Iowashark
01-06-2004, 01:45 PM
Summer: beer (almost anything but Bud Light)
Fall-Spring: Scotch (usually Dewars or Chivas)
NFL Sundays: Bloody Mary during pre-game, Johnny walker for the afternoon games, and usually homebrew for the night game.

sack316
01-06-2004, 01:57 PM
bud light (or anything draft), jager, and rumple. But of course I spent the weekend in jail on DUI so I won't be drinking anymore. Nothing like an expensive lesson learned to show me how dumb I was.

Keith Talent
01-06-2004, 02:05 PM
When it's cold, foggy, rainy, snowy .... Guinness and Knob Creek bourbon, or Lagavulin

When it's hot ... Pilsner Urquell or Grolsch, &amp; tequila, if I've been on good behavior too long.

eg8r
01-06-2004, 02:15 PM
I am a sucker for Minute Maid Fruit Punch. I can drink it all year round. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

moblsv
01-06-2004, 02:27 PM
Summer == Beer - Belgian White on a hot day
Fall == Beer - A strong Stout while watching football
Winter == Beer - Less and lighter. I am less active and need to watch the calories
Spring == Beer - Lager brewed in cold basement during winter

Since I live in Utah I have to brew my own to get any flavor /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barbara
01-06-2004, 03:12 PM
January - May - Vodka with anything (preferably olives /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)
May - mid-October - Michelob Ultra with vodka chasers (hey, it's hard to tack and trim a jib sheet with a martini glass in your hand /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif)
rest of October - December, see January to May /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara~~~occasionally mixes it up with Tequila, too /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
01-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Summer~~~~~beer
2nd week in May~~~~Rum Runners w/151 floaters
Special Occasions~~~~Captain and Coke, no lime
Every day~~~~Coffee &amp; Water.

I know 2 things in life will always hold true. I'll go to the Keys every May to get away and there are only 2 seasons in South Florida.......REALLY HOT &amp; NOT QUITE AS HOT..........just the way I like it.

Kato~~~isn't sure which 6 days of the year could be considered Spring, Winter, or Fall. Voodoo must know.

cheesemouse
01-06-2004, 05:36 PM
Sipping brandy w/coffee back.......rack'em up... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JPB
01-06-2004, 08:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith Talent:</font><hr> When it's cold, foggy, rainy, snowy .... Guinness and Knob Creek bourbon, or Lagavulin

When it's hot ... Pilsner Urquell or Grolsch, &amp; tequila, if I've been on good behavior too long.

<hr /></blockquote>

OK, you can buy me drinks.

Me: Maker's Mark otr as everyday drink. Laphroig or Lagavulin neat for scotch. Various beers for different things. Only one beer I refuse: Bud Light. Bleeech. A few martinis a year. Good gin, up, twist. Occasional tequila. Red wine when appropriate.

Ralph S.
01-06-2004, 08:58 PM
I like the hard stuff, so put me down for a Mt.Dew. Not the green version either. I want the real hard version, gimme a Code Red Mt.Dew. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
01-06-2004, 09:14 PM
Rum, Vodka and Scotch.

Straight up no umbrellas, no sweets... just a lime in the room or an olive or two. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scotch with a glass...neat and at least 12 years old. (Glen- anything) /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sid_Vicious
01-06-2004, 09:32 PM
Miller Lite...sid

9 Ball Girl
01-06-2004, 09:49 PM
Year Long - Amaretto Sour

Year Long - LSD, Corona, Miller, Heiniken (sp?)

During the US Open - whatever Mean Gene and I steal from the bar /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

In Between All Other Drinks - water

MikeM
01-07-2004, 12:21 AM
Bud!

stickman
01-07-2004, 01:00 AM
Every day, coffee and iced tea frequently. Playing pool tournaments Miller Light. Special occassions frozen Mararitas.

rukiddingme
01-07-2004, 01:57 AM
I don't drink any more but when I did any Belgian Beer at any time would do...Kriek Lambic, Gueze Bellevue, Hoggaerden, Blanche de Brugges, Corsendonck, La Chouffe, Mort Subite, Duvel, Leffe, Rochefort, Rodenbach, Orval, Delerium Tremens, Maredsous, Jupiler, Stella...just to name a few.
Aperitifs...a good bottle of champagne (no cheap stuff), pinot de charentes, gin fizz, sangria, porto, campari soda, campari orange, kir
A nice bottle of red, white, or rose with dinner.
After dinner a nice desert wine like a muscadet,or a heated snifter of cognac...or a snifter of 1/2 cognac and 1/2 grand-marnier, grappa, sambuca, drambuie, b&amp;b, poire williams, framboise
apres ski winter drinks- frangelico and coffee, baileys and coffee, irish coffee
Now I have seltzer and soda, seltzer and lemonade, seltzer and cranberry juice... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
ruk

Paul_Mon
01-07-2004, 05:38 AM
Fall/Winter/Spring - Black Velvet Manhattan (extra sweet with a twist)
Winter by the fireplace - Grand Marnier
Summer - Tanguarey gin (rocks with olives)
Vegas - Greyhounds (vodka/grapefruit)

When I'm drinking beer I like Rolling Rock, Bud &amp; Gennesse.
Current favorite red wine is Anthony Road "Tony's Red".
Current favorite white wine is Anthony Road "Vignoles".

BTW, Upstate NY is a great place to come to in the fall. We have over 100 wineries that make for a great weekend of touring during the peak foilage.

Paul

Wally_in_Cincy
01-07-2004, 07:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Paul_Mon:</font><hr> Vegas - Greyhounds (vodka/grapefruit)

<font color="blue">I bought a juicer for the sole purpose of juicing ruby red grapefruits to mix with vodka /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

<font color="blue">Are those local? </font color>

BTW, Upstate NY is a great place to come to in the fall. We have over 100 wineries that make for a great weekend of touring during the peak foilage.

Paul <hr /></blockquote>

Paul_Mon
01-07-2004, 08:46 AM
Wally,

Anthony Road Winery is located on the west shore of Seneca Lake, close to Geneva NY. I've visited them twice and enjoyed most of their wines. They also make a late havest Vignole (like an Ice Wine)that's really good. We have two huge liquor stores in the Rochester area that carry many of the NY State wines. Almost always these wines are less expensive at the liquor store vs. the winery. FYI, the Anthony Road Visgnoles is $7.50, the Tony's red is $5.50 and the late harvest Vignoles is $17.

Paul
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Paul_Mon:</font><hr> Vegas - Greyhounds (vodka/grapefruit)

<font color="blue">I bought a juicer for the sole purpose of juicing ruby red grapefruits to mix with vodka /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

<font color="blue">Are those local? </font color>

Paul <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

Wally_in_Cincy
01-07-2004, 08:54 AM
We have a couple wineries around here but the wines are pretty lame /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

There is one nearby named Vinoklet that is run by a old German guy. He has about a 10-acre vineyard. The wine's not great but they have the coolest festival every September. After the first bottle it starts to taste pretty good /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My girlfriend learned a lot about wines when she went to Napa Valley in October. We've been trying different ones. I stumbled accross a Meridian Merlot on sale for 5.99 that was pretty darn good. I won't spend over $10 except for a special occasion.

Wally~~cheapskate /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paul_Mon
01-07-2004, 09:37 AM
I'm the same way Wally. I don't fancy myself as any kind of wine expert, I just know what I like. And most of what i like is under $10. If you ever decide to the visit the area in the fall for wine tasting/foliage viewing let me know. There is one restaurant on Keuka lake near Hammondsport NY that has a two bedroom apartment above that is perfect for 4 people. Cost about $130 per night and has a wonderful porch overlooking the lake. There is also a good aviation museum nearby, in Bath NY. Also in Bath is a little lunch counter on Main St. that has 3 old Brunswick tables in the back. A throw back to the old days.

Keith Talent
01-07-2004, 09:41 AM
JPB,

You're on, so long as we're trading rounds!

As for Laphroig, I thought I'd impress this chick from Scotland by bringing along a bottle of the 15-year-old stuff when we took a camping trip ... so I made some inane little toast, and she had a glug and gagged on it. "Ugh, this is like licking the bottom of an ash tray!" she wailed.

Hell, at least I made the bottle last for the rest of the summer ... why I married the girl, or, better, why she puts up with me, who can say? She likes Knob Creek and the other stuff, fortunately. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maker's is fine by me, too. If everything else is gone, I won't complain about Jim Beam, either. And if it's wine, maybe a meaty red Zin.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-07-2004, 09:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith Talent:</font><hr>She likes Knob Creek and the other stuff, fortunately. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maker's is fine by me, too. If everything else is gone, I won't complain about Jim Beam, either. And if it's wine, maybe a meaty red Zin. <hr /></blockquote>

I need to try Knob Creek. Is it worth it?

Someone gave me a bottle of Wild Turkey single barrel last year. That was fine.

and Crown Royal is always acceptable to me /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
01-07-2004, 10:13 AM
For me, it doesn't have to be a particular season, I just go with whateva I'm in the mood for:

I like Beer (Bass,Heines,Yuengling Black&amp;Tan,Sam Adams).

I like Vodka (Absolut, Grey Goose, Stoli).

I like Scotch (Chivas,Johnny Black,Jameson).

I like fruity blender drinks once in awhile. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Eric &gt;lush

Barbara
01-07-2004, 10:34 AM
JPB,

You should try the Balvenies - the 12yr Doublewood is really smooth, I'm not too fond of the 15yr, but the 21yr Portwood is exceptional. And they're all cask strength, too.

Barbara

dg-in-centralpa
01-07-2004, 04:23 PM
I like Yuengling Lager, rum &amp; coke,7 &amp; 7, Brandy, JB Scotch, Jim Beam straight up, all German beer - not the ones made for the US, I have a friend who goes to Germany several times a month and she brings back some of the best beer. Espresso with a shot of amaretto on the side.

DG - willing to try most any drink but won't do Tequila

Keith Talent
01-07-2004, 04:44 PM
Yeah, Wally, it is to me. Not that I drink it all that often. Probably buy 2-3 fifths a year ... it's mighty smooth and mellow, but with a helluva kick at 100 proof.

SPetty
01-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Pretty much anything that's not gin.

Tequila is the fallback "regular", as I don't seem to get any hangover symptoms after drinking tequila. No added sugar or excess volumes of liquid to consume.

I ran out of tequila one time, so drank rum one night. The next morning, I didn't feel too good, had a bit of a headache, kind of an upset stomach --- had to be reminded what a hangover felt like!

Something called a Screaming Orgasm is a mighty fine sipping drink. Equal parts Kahlua, Bailey's and vodka. Yum!

Voodoo Daddy
01-07-2004, 07:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I need to try Knob Creek. Is it worth it?

Knob Creek is a great single batch bourbon...yummy

Someone gave me a bottle of Wild Turkey single barrel last year. That was fine.

"Rare Breed" by Wild Turkey...my mouth is startin' to water

and Crown Royal is always acceptable to me /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Me too...Crown/Coke &lt;Voodoo wish's he wasnt at work right now /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

Voodoo~~~~will drink with Wally anytime

CarolNYC
01-08-2004, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...I'll offer ya some water or coffee!!!

<hr /></blockquote>

Cappucino with whipped cream!
Carol~definitely do not need Espresso! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
01-08-2004, 07:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>...Something called a Screaming Orgasm is a mighty fine sipping drink. Equal parts Kahlua, Bailey's and vodka. Yum! <hr /></blockquote>

Sounds very similar to a B-52. I call 'em "little milkshakes" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

And if you put a touch of Hot Dam in it, it tastes like an oatmeal cookie

Rod
01-08-2004, 12:47 PM
Well Steve I drink beer but once in a while drink a CC and ginger. The beer makes me feel bloated and sluggish the next day. It never use to but times change. My body reminds me it's not 25 anymore so most of the time now, I don't drink.

Rod

armandito
01-08-2004, 02:38 PM
Definitely a pint (Guinness, of course) to start. Then change to something lighter, Corona, Labatt's Blue, Bud or (living in Wisconsin, one of the BEER states) a Miller Lite.

For those tequila drinkers, has anyone sampled Almond Tequila? I have hooked so many people on it that I can hardly keep my supply, even though I travel at least three times back to Mexico City a year. I haven't been able to find the brand I buy here in the US, and the one I found was over $40.

For those who don't drink Tequila, you might try it in a mixed drink like the following popular drinks in Mexico:
-Tequila and Squirt (sour) with a splash of lime (Mexican lemon). Salt the rim of the glass. Known as a "paloma" (dove).
-Tequila and Coke, some like it with a splash of lime also, known as a "charro negro".
-Of course the popular Tequila Sunrise.

By the way, I hope nobody here still thinks Tequila comes with a worm.

Cheers!
AJ

ray
01-08-2004, 02:48 PM
never tried the almond. my girlfriend's a bar manager so i can get her to order a bottle (that way i don't have to pay the cash if i don't like it).

what brand is it that you get?

also, have you ever tried tequila and sprite? at first i wouldn't even touch it, but tried a sip and it wasn't bad..

still prefer mine naked, no salt, no lime..

ray

Fred Agnir
01-08-2004, 03:49 PM
I drink beer. Any kind. I have my list of favorites that I modify yearly, but in the end, it all boils down to what I'm in the mood for. But as of today:

Rogue's Shakespeare Ale (Oregon), bottled Stout
Wachusett Country Nut Brown Ale (Massachusetts), bottled
Freierlinger Natural, draught in Freiburg, Germany, unfiltered lager

---------------
On a warm sunny day, I like to drink Coors Light. Even if it ain't so sunny.

When I'm out at a bar playing league night, I like to drink Miller Lite or occasionally Rolling Rock.

If I'm out with clients or co-workers, I'll drink Guiness or a Bass Ale.

At home, I mostly have the aforementioned Wachusett Country Nut Ale, but will bring home Guiness Pub Draught, Bass IPA, Pete's Wicked Ale, Sam Adams Scottish Ale. I'd bring home other microbrews, but they're not easy to find at the local 7-11. (Note, this doesn't really hold true today)

Most beers, I'll drink from a glass. For some reason, I drink the Scottish Ale from the bottle.

When I go to the West Coast, I can't pass up a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, even though I normally do not drink flowery beers. (Note: since this writing, Sierra Nevada has made its way to the Northeast)

I was in Chicago when I first fell in love with American microbrew ale.

I do anything I can to stay away from "summer brews", but occasionally will drink a Halloween "pumpkin brew."

Other than Bass Ale out of the bottle, I do not enjoy IPA's. I don't enjoy ESB's (but will drink 'em if you got 'em).

I used to detest wheat/white beers. But, sometimes you have to give in. At one time, I had to spend a little too much time in Germany, so I pounded the wheat beers until my body understood the flavor.

Gimme a beer I can chew. Like a rich-bodied porter.

Keep the ales warm, please.

The Northampton Brew Festival (like many others) brings together about 200 New England microbreweries under one big tent. It is heaven for beer lovers.

Black Velvet Canadian Whiskey is my liquor of choice.

I'm no wine fan, but Opus One is the best I've had.

Champagne goes well with lamb.

Regards,

Fred

Fred Agnir
01-08-2004, 03:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote armandito:</font><hr> For those who don't drink Tequila, you might try it in a mixed drink like the following popular drinks in Mexico:<hr /></blockquote>I've been to Mexico a few times in the past couple of years. The Tequila there doesn't taste like the Tequila in the States. It's much more palatable there.

Likewise, if you go to Germany and order a schnapps, don't expect a liqueur. Expect Tequila.

Fred

Keith Talent
01-08-2004, 04:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> Gimme a beer I can chew. Like a rich-bodied porter.

<hr /></blockquote>

Now that's a subject in itself. Alongside Guinness in the winter, I'll drink about any kind of porter. Tops in my book are Anchor (hard to find in NE), Sierra Nevada, Sam Smith (if I feel like blowing some bucks), and the most underrated and undermarketed one ... Yuengling. They've been pushing their lager and Black &amp; Tan in NYC (neither of which is much better than Rolling Rock or Bud), but totally neglecting their one standout, the porter. Used to drink it all the time when I lived in Bethlehem, Pa.

Also from that area, a good microbrewery is Stoudt's ... they sell fantastic champagne-sized bottles of unpasteurized beer in about a dozen varieties (many of them German-style) from their brewery near Reading, and at a few outlets within an hour or so of there. Must-go if you're heading to Valley Forge!

Alfie
01-08-2004, 06:02 PM
diet coke
it's more a habit than a choice

SPetty
01-08-2004, 06:10 PM
Oops, forgot the amaretto...<blockquote><font class="small">Quote What SPetty should have said...:</font><hr>Something called a Screaming Orgasm is a mighty fine sipping drink. Equal parts Kahlua, Bailey's, Amaretto and vodka. Yum! <hr /></blockquote>Speaking of tequila drinks, I invented a drink I've named "Dew Me Margie" which is one part tequila to three parts Mountain Dew. It's got a kick and is tasty too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barbara
01-08-2004, 06:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>Carol~definitely do not need Espresso! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

This is true. You make expresso nervous! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

But you forget to mention your little penchant for Jello shots. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~used to do those with the girls on league nights /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
01-08-2004, 08:25 PM
"Dew Me Margie" which is one part tequila to three parts Mountain Dew. It's got a kick and is tasty too!"

Yea, I can attest to that, I temporarily forgot about those SPetty...sid

CarolNYC
01-09-2004, 04:40 AM
Hey Barb,
When I drink Espresso, I can't sitdown !
[ QUOTE ]
Jello shots <hr /></blockquote>
Wasn't it just "Jello!"? ha ha ha ha
Hmmmmmmmmmmm,no wonder!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

rukiddingme
01-09-2004, 06:45 AM
Fred,
You really have to try some of the Belgian brews!
Belgium is to beer what France is to wine. A country of ~11 million people, about the size of Rhode Island brews over 500 different beers...many as fine as a great wine.
ruk

Wally_in_Cincy
01-09-2004, 07:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr>
...Most beers, I'll drink from a glass....
<hr /></blockquote>

Some of the places I go on Hamiltucky league night, you don't want to drink from a glass /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kato
01-09-2004, 08:01 AM
You can't sit down when you drink water!!!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~is exhausted just watching Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Fred Agnir
01-09-2004, 09:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rukiddingme:</font><hr> Fred,
You really have to try some of the Belgian brews!<hr /></blockquote>Done it. So far, I'm not thrilled. Likewise, I'm not head over heels about German beers either. It's just beer, albeit a lot cleaner. Drinking either hasn't put me into any higher spiritual plane. Some are good. Some are very good. Some are mediocre. Some suck the big wazoo.

Fred

armandito
01-12-2004, 12:27 AM
Hi, the Almond tequila I buy is from a small distillery in Tequila, Jalisco, Mexico. The brand is called Orendain, and the whole name is "Crema de Almendrado" (or cream or almond).

I'm sure you'll like it, but am not sure you'll be able to buy it in the US, it is even hard to find in Mexico. There are other brands, but this one seems to me to have the smoothest combination. I think it is very simmilar to mixing a good brand Tequila with a good brand Amaretto.

I do like the Tequila and Sprite, however, in Mexico it is drank as shots (in the double shot glass, known as "caballito", or little horse), know as "muppets". Half tequila and half Sprite, and slammed so the bubbles can get to you faster...

The other tequila shot you'll might want to try is 75% tequila, 25% Kahlua (of course in the double shot glass!), light it on fire, and then insert a straw and drink it thru the straw. These are know as "cucarachas".

Regarding the other comment about the "diference" in flavor when drinking Tequila in Mexico, it might be because people won't serve the same Tequila brands. The most popular Tequilas in Mexico, when ordered by Mexicans, are not Cuervo or Sauza, rather "Herradura" or "El Jimador".

Salud!

Wally_in_Cincy
01-12-2004, 07:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote armandito:</font><hr> Hi, the Almond tequila I buy is from a small distillery in Tequila, Jalisco, Mexico. The brand is called Orendain, and the whole name is "Crema de Almendrado" (or cream or almond).
<hr /></blockquote>

Found something here but I didn't find the almond

http://internet-portal-shopping.com/bevmo/83.htm

UWPoolGod
01-12-2004, 11:08 AM
Depends on my mood. Love beer..stouts, ambers, pales. MMMM

Hards I'll take on Morgan/Coke, White Russians, Jager, Long Islands, Knob Creek, Whiskeys...Screwdrivers....basically anything with alcohol in it. LOL

Wally_in_Cincy
01-14-2004, 01:40 PM
Voodoo,

After giving this some more thought I've decided that nothing beats a hot Dickens Cider /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hope this helps