PDA

View Full Version : Joss Cue Complaints

04-19-2002, 01:33 PM
Does anybody have negative comments about Joss Cues? I'm planning to get the 2016 and I haven't read anything bad about Joss Cues. Just want to make sure.

Cueless Joey
04-19-2002, 02:54 PM
They come with 13.25mm tip. Very stiff.

Tom_In_Cincy
04-19-2002, 03:01 PM
Joss Cues are too easy to get, and all the better players play with them.. there must be something to the cue.. that so many good players play with them..
Even a 13 mm cue tip can be deadly on a Joss.

Have owned a Joss for a little over 3 years and love it..

Rod
04-19-2002, 03:11 PM
Joey I play with a Schon 13.25 shaft with a conical taper, extra stiff. Does Joss still use their pro taper, just curious?

04-19-2002, 07:22 PM
Where do I start? I had the basic 5 point. It had a wrap and was too light (19.25oz). I'm not fond of wraps, but it was at a good price with a 314 shaft added 1.5oz weight bolt, steel joint kept the balance close to perfect. Bought a Zorro "sneaky pete" sold the other and kept the 314 shalft. Too light 19 oz, swapped the weight bolt screwed up the balance, played with the light cue, sold the 314 shaft. Sold the Zorro, too light and I kept hitting too hard trying to make up for the light weight.

Otherwise, they played great. If I could have added about 1 oz and moved the balance fwd about 1-2 inches I'd still have the Zorro. I'll probably buy another one someday.

Cueless Joey
04-19-2002, 10:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: grimel:</font><hr> Where do I start? I had the basic 5 point. It had a wrap and was too light (19.25oz). I'm not fond of wraps, but it was at a good price with a 314 shaft added 1.5oz weight bolt, steel joint kept the balance close to perfect. Bought a Zorro "sneaky pete" sold the other and kept the 314 shalft. Too light 19 oz, swapped the weight bolt screwed up the balance, played with the light cue, sold the 314 shaft. Sold the Zorro, too light and I kept hitting too hard trying to make up for the light weight.

Otherwise, they played great. If I could have added about 1 oz and moved the balance fwd about 1-2 inches I'd still have the Zorro. I'll probably buy another one someday. <hr></blockquote>
I hit with one and gave up. I couldn't keep it steady in my bridge hand.

04-20-2002, 11:18 AM
Hi Breaker, I have a Joss sneaky pete that I have shot with for about 4 years now and love it. I have had no problems with it what so ever. Another good thing about the cue that I have is that it makes a great breaking cue. The one that I have is made very sturdy and I break with it as hard as I like. I had never done that with my cue untill I bought this one. I take good care of my cue but have always liked to break with my cue. I figured if something when wrong with it, I could always by another one because they are not very expensive but it has held just fine. Kevin Clanton