PDA

View Full Version : meucci oldie series

sigep1967
01-06-2004, 04:39 PM
I have not played serious pool in years but would love to get back into it. My wife bought me a Meucci Oldie series od-1 for our first anniversary 13 years ago and it was stolen from our home a few years later. I would love to have another Meucci but I have been reading when their sticks are not what they used to be is that so?

tateuts
01-06-2004, 05:55 PM
They seem to have had more quality control problems that other production cues in their class.

I collect old Meucci's and I am quite fond of them. I think they have innovative designs and I like the way they play. I have an OL 1 Bushka Style and the Original version of it as well. This was one of their nicest traditional designs.

Meucci still has a strong following of collectors.

Chris

woody_968
01-06-2004, 06:37 PM
I was just bidding on an oldie 1 the other day on ebay, they were nice cues. Many people on these boards cant stand them, but I think they are ok myself. I still play with one but am currently in the market for a custom. The only thing I have against the cues Meucci is making today is the design, I could only find a couple (maybe) of there new cues that I would like enough to actually play with. Most of them are butt ugly.

dmgwalsh
01-06-2004, 06:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> I was just bidding on an oldie 1 the other day on ebay, they were nice cues. <hr /></blockquote>

I was looking at that sneaky pete from the 80's that went for $234.00. Is that the one you bid on? The seller had some others
also.

woody_968
01-06-2004, 07:14 PM
No, the one I was bidding on was an actuall Oldie 1, a line they had at one time with steal joints. They were some of the best looking cues Meucci ever made. The Oldie 3 was my favorite, I had two of them and sold them like a dumb a#$@ LOL.

tateuts
01-06-2004, 08:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> The Oldie 3 was my favorite, I had two of them and sold them like a dumb a#$@ LOL. <hr /></blockquote>

I came across the Oldie 3 design in the original old logo version. You don't see them too often and they go pretty high for a Meucci. I traded a guy a custom cue to get it - it has a ton of inlays and it is a very nice looking cue.

Here's a link to the Oldie flyer:

Oldie Flyer (http://www.discountpoolcues.com/meuccioldieseries.htm)

sigep1967
01-07-2004, 07:06 AM
Yeah I never liked the regular Meucci's but the Oldie series seemed to be a bit stiffer. I really loved that stick and won alot of money with it. If I could find the jerk who stole it I would beat him with it.

#### leonard
01-07-2004, 07:23 AM
I always thought Meucci would make a better fly fishing rod. The whip he could put in a cue would send the lure across the stream. This is my first attempt at humor today. I have decided to let George rest in peace.####

sigep1967
01-07-2004, 02:34 PM
Does anyone know where I could find one of these?

woody_968
01-07-2004, 02:42 PM
They pop up on ebay from time to time. If its one with Meucci written big they normally go reasonable. But the old ones that say meucci originals sometimes go for unreal prices.

sigep1967
01-07-2004, 03:21 PM
Hmmmm I don't remeber which way Meucci was written on mine it would have been made somewhere around 91-92.

woody_968
01-07-2004, 04:53 PM
I was thinking it was around 94-96 when they changed, but I could be wrong on this.

Bob C
01-07-2004, 08:46 PM
I purchased one of these new about 10 years ago. After six or seven years, with maybe 10 hours of playing time on the cue, the finish shrunk away from the inlays. I thought I might get some sort of price break from Meucci on a refinish because to my way of thinking it was a manufacturing flaw. No way. It was stored the same way I stored 20 other cues that had no problems whatever. I had it refinished and had a real wrap put on it. I still think the laminated points on this cue set it apart from most other Meuccis. It is the last Meucci I will ever buy.

sigep1967
01-08-2004, 07:21 AM
I played with that cue for about 3 years before it was stolen but never had any problems with it at all. Man I wish I still had it.

tateuts
01-08-2004, 11:47 PM
Here's a pretty good deal that just came up on an Oldie 3. This is really a nice design with a lot of inlays - the Buy It Now price of $400 is pretty good considering the fact that it comes with 4 shafts and it was just refinished and re-wrapped by Meucci. Two of the shafts would probably auction for $75 each.

Oldie 3 on E-Bay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=3652861449&amp;category=21 212)

Chris

hondo
01-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Mine is about 10-12 years old; the one called The Diamond.
OD something or other. Still looks great, plays great.
I only play one pocket with it. Have shot with Schons
and McDermotts &amp; like my Meucci MUCH better. To each
his own I guess.