PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Pool Table Convertible to Dining Table

Aristoi
01-07-2004, 05:15 PM
I have a limited amount of space to work with in my new home and the only room that is suitable (size wise) to fit an 8' table comfortably is the formal dining room. This room is perfect at 20'x 14.5'. The wife will not allow a regular pool table to be our formal dining room table, i know they sell the foam inserts to make it a table with a fitted table cloth, but she is still concerned that the pool table will not be comfortable as a dining table, and trying to make a regular pool table into a dining table will be too cheesy looking. She thinks that when you put chairs up to it your knees will hit the table because the base is so low, or the table will be too high for the chairs.

Anyway i found these really cool Pool Table Diners on this UK website, and that is EXACTLY what i need. CHECK IT OUT HERE (http://www.snooker-pool-football-tables.com/searches/Snooker_Table_Diners.htm) She even commented that they dont even look like a pool table when they are converted to the dining table, but they are in the UK and the shipping to California must be pretty close to the cost of the table. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes this type of table in the US? Please help! I have always wanted my own pool table in my home, and now that i finally bought a house i need to figure out how to make it happen. I would even consider building one if anyone had plans. Thanks for your help.

armandito
01-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Hi, I'm also looking at purchasing a pool table, and the only manufacturer I have found that offers dining room tables is Connelly. You might want to look at "http://www.connellybilliards.com/customize/cueracks.asp" at the bottom of the page they show an example.

Anyway, hope you find what you need.

Voodoo Daddy
01-08-2004, 02:18 PM
Jed, Granny, Elli-May and Jethro sittin' at the pool/dining room table using pool cues for "pot passers". Jed looks at Jethro and says; "Sure would like to shoot me one of them billi-ards someday" Jethro replies; "Wonder what they look like Uncle Jed"...Jed says; "Hard tellin' boy, hard tellin'"
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Voodoo~~~havin' a lil fun...no blood, no foul!!

Wally_in_Cincy
01-08-2004, 02:27 PM
Actually IIRC there was a rhino head on the wall and Granny would say "That there must be a billy-ard" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

That show was too dam funny

spanky
01-08-2004, 03:01 PM
You could maybe talk to some custom cabinet makers in your area to see if anyone would (or has made) make a top to fit the table you are getting. Just a sugestion.

peterk
01-10-2004, 08:00 AM
I recently purchased an American Heritage table which had a nice antique look to it and I purchased the table conversion insert and a great fitted cover from Muellers so we can use it as a dining room table. It works awesome. I also put adjustable leg inserts into my original dining room chairs so I can adjust the height a bit. No problem fitting under the table.