PDA

View Full Version : DCC LIVE!!!

Tom_In_Cincy
01-07-2004, 11:27 PM
Inside Pool NEWS flash (http://www.insidepool.com/article601.html)

$9.95 for 9 days of Televised DCC matches.

01-08-2004, 11:29 AM

Cueless Joey
01-08-2004, 11:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote whitewolf:</font><hr> Wow!!!!

No I am thinking (too hard/wishful) maybe, but if one had a wireless network, would it be possible to transmit the video feed from the computer to some digital recording device. Maybe one could watch it on a big screen
TV at home, or even at a pool hall. <hr /></blockquote>
If your video card has a video or Super S output jack, you can tape them.

Kato
01-08-2004, 11:44 AM
Do you need a high speed modem to view?

Kato

Tom_In_Cincy
01-08-2004, 11:48 AM
No, you don't have to have a high speed modem to watch the
this event, but it sure helps to have a DSL or Cable connection to the internet.

bluewolf
01-08-2004, 11:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote whitewolf:</font><hr> Wow!!!!

No I am thinking (too hard/wishful) maybe, but if one had a wireless network, would it be possible to transmit the video feed from the computer to some digital recording device. Maybe one could watch it on a big screen
If your video card has a video or Super S output jack, you can tape them. <hr /></blockquote>

How do you know if you have super video jack. i know I have an s video thing. l also have a special program for writing dvds. Would you transfer the matches through this jack to the dvds in your dvd recorder? My laptop has a dvd-r, so what do I need to do this? And how?

Laura

cycopath
01-09-2004, 12:05 PM
The easiest way is if your video card has a s-video output and your vcr has a s-video input you could just connect the two and change your video card settings to 'TV', then record onto a VHS tape. If you want audio you need to connect a 1/8" to rca adaptor between the sound card and your vcr also.

My Geforce 4 card has a S-Video output but my VCR doesn't have an input. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Cueless Joey
01-09-2004, 12:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote whitewolf:</font><hr> Wow!!!!

If your video card has a video or Super S output jack, you can tape them. <hr /></blockquote>

How do you know if you have super video jack. i know I have an s video thing. l also have a special program for writing dvds. Would you transfer the matches through this jack to the dvds in your dvd recorder? My laptop has a dvd-r, so what do I need to do this? And how?

Laura <hr /></blockquote>
Easiest way to tape would be to a VCR with Super S INPUT ( which is probably labeled Video 1 in your VCR).
Hook up a Super S cable from the video card S out to your VCR S Input, audiou Out from the video card ( if it's a 1/8 mini plug/jack, you'll have to buy a Y adapter from the rat shack- 1/8 mini jack to two male rca audio jacks. Set the video card to TV out, then set the VCR to Video 1 or Aux 1 in.
To transfer these to a DVD, you'll need DVD burning software. The video must be saved to the hard drive then burned into dvd.

bluewolf
01-09-2004, 12:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr>
Easiest way to tape would be to a VCR with Super S INPUT ( which is probably labeled Video 1 in your VCR).
Hook up a Super S cable from the video card S out to your VCR S Input, audiou Out from the video card ( if it's a 1/8 mini plug/jack, you'll have to buy a Y adapter from the rat shack- 1/8 mini jack to two male rca audio jacks. Set the video card to TV out, then set the VCR to Video 1 or Aux 1 in.
To transfer these to a DVD, you'll need DVD burning software. The video must be saved to the hard drive then burned into dvd. <hr /></blockquote>

My tv has an s video but not my vcr. My computer has dvd burning software so was hoping to do it that way. I have installed programs on my mac called ivideo and idvd, so was hoping to find out how to use them to copy the matches on my hard drive and burn them to dvds.

Also someone told me that if it is streaming video it is next to impossible to capture so whether it could be copied depends on the format. Anyone know?

Laura

Ralph S.
01-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Tom, will I be able to view via internet with dial-up service? This is what I am currently using.

Cueless Joey
01-09-2004, 01:30 PM
My tv has an s video but not my vcr. My computer has dvd burning software so was hoping to do it that way. I have installed programs on my mac called ivideo and idvd, so was hoping to find out how to use them to copy the matches on my hard drive and burn them to dvds.

Also someone told me that if it is streaming video it is next to impossible to capture so whether it could be copied depends on the format. Anyone know?

Laura <hr /></blockquote>
Your tv has nothing to do with recording. Remember City Slickers /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
If your vcr does not have an S input, the yellow one ( component) would still work if the video card has the video out.

Ken
01-09-2004, 01:40 PM
Ralph,

I have tried the free programs that are available and at a 50k connection on dialup it is good enough to watch. Somewhat fuzzy at full screen but better in a window. If the live broadcast is the same I will get it.

Try the free programs and you will probably see it is not bad on dialup but who knows how the live feed will be. They seem to suggest that it will be the same.
KenCT

cycopath
01-09-2004, 02:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>Also someone told me that if it is streaming video it is next to impossible to capture so whether it could be copied depends on the format. Anyone know?
<hr /></blockquote>
Yes streaming video is hard to capture onto your harddrive, but that's the beauty of the s-video out into a vcr. The vcr just records whatever is playing. So you are actually recording the streaming screen and everything else in that window, like the buttons and adverts, etc.