PDA

View Full Version : Improvement Spurts

bigbro6060
01-08-2004, 02:12 AM
The last month, my potting has improved quite a decent notch and it is sustained, it's every time i play

before that, i had a period of a couple of months where i didn't feel i had improved much if at all

Do you find your improvement is like this ? in spurts ?

Billy
01-08-2004, 02:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigbro6060:</font><hr> The last month, my potting has improved quite a decent notch and it is sustained, it's every time i play

before that, i had a period of a couple of months where i didn't feel i had improved much if at all

<hr /></blockquote>

two steps forward,one step back

two steps forward,then one step back

two steps forward ...

for the more serious-minded players anyway

jmo

bluewolf
01-08-2004, 07:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigbro6060:</font><hr> The last month, my potting has improved quite a decent notch and it is sustained, it's every time i play

<hr /></blockquote>

Yup. And sometimes when I have a period that I cannot practice as much, when I do come back to the table, I have notched up. I have found that I 'visualize' various shots and position play in my head and even carry them into my dreams. And then when I come back regular, I am doing the things i visualized at a better level than I was previously doing them.

Laura

01-08-2004, 11:18 AM

woody_968
01-08-2004, 02:14 PM
Tap Tap Tap!!!

Anyone who wants to play this game at a competitive level is hurting themselves if they dont take lessons from qualified people!

I have gotten many good tips from these boards as well. Its great to see the knowledge that so many people here have and are willing to give out on a regular basis.