PDA

View Full Version : Clean Shaft...Important????????

Fleece3
01-08-2004, 04:36 AM
I ALWAYS clean my shaft after a shooting session. Lately I have notice that a lot of the pros are shooting with BADLY discolored shaft. They are FILTHY. With leads to my question...How important is a clean shaft. You can actually see a line near the joint of the pro players.

Floyd

JimS
01-08-2004, 06:17 AM
It's as important as you decide it is. I like mine to shine and be as smooth as I can get it. Others don't care.

ryushen21
01-08-2004, 09:02 AM
I assume that you are referring to the green line that a lot of cues have? i've been fighting that line and losing the battle. however, i clean the shaft of my cue after every session and at least once a week regardless of if i play or not. i don't think that the discoloration necessarily means that it's dirty.

Kato
01-08-2004, 09:23 AM
That's not dirty, that's seasoning /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I keep my ferrules clean and white. When I get a new tip put on I get my shafts cleaned.

Kato

Troy
01-08-2004, 09:24 AM
A shaft used for many years will have chalk stains no matter how often or thoroughly it is cleaned. Many of those pro's you mention have probably been using that some shaft for years.

However, that's no excuse for not cleaning the equipment regularly or keeping hands clean during a session.

Troy...

ras314
01-08-2004, 09:34 AM
I don't care how "dirty" a shaft looks. The distraction of a chalk marked ferrule does bug me. Any little dings or chalk crumbles I feel with the bridge hand is liable to mess up the stroke and aim.

I like that nice smooth feel that you don't notice.