PDA

View Full Version : Cool Business Meetings

Kato
01-08-2004, 08:58 AM
I'm pretty new to this "white collar" stuff but as a Purchasing Agent I have the opportunity to be "smoozed" by many clients. Nice lunches, expensive dinners, drinks after work, Gentleman's Clubs and the like but today takes the cake. I'm chatting with the Customer Service Manager and our VP of Sales waves me into his office. I'm thinking "ooops, I did it again". Instead he hands me a flier for a place called "The Cigar Club". The rep goes, How'd you like to go have a "technical meeting" with Dan and I here? Ahhhhhh, I think I can clear my schedule. Of course I don't buy for that line but what the hell, free Cuban cigars, table, DSL internet bar, card tables, Leather couches and chairs, free food and booze, yeah, I think I can clear my schedule /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Somebody has to have better stories than me? Care to share?

Kato

eg8r
01-08-2004, 09:05 AM
Enjoy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <~~~Does not get to go to those types of meetings

Cueless Joey
01-08-2004, 10:29 AM
I get free lunches with our computer supplier. They even gave me an LCD monitor.
On the 15th this month, they are having a customer appreciation day.
Brazilian food buffet. Brazilian food rock.
My father used to work for a large lumber company. When my mom and I went to Japan. A Japanes employee who worked for the heavy equipment manufacaturer Komatsu, took us all over Tokyo, inlcluding Tokyo Disneyland.
Joey~Loves Capitalism~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
01-08-2004, 10:46 AM
We have a vendor that offers a conference twice a year at the Private boxes at the Reds games in Cincinnati. Of course this was after hours, and food and beverages were provided.

We have a vendor that likes to hold "new product releases" meetings in Agusta GA during the Masters.

We also have a vendor that offered us some playoff tickets for the Oakland teams(football last year, and baseball this year).

Of course I have to decline these perks, we are not allowed to accept anything over $50 of value from a vendor.

rukiddingme
01-08-2004, 11:42 AM
The use of our company jet or the suppliers company jet to go to meetings and nfl games, baseball games, the masters, the final 4 and countless golf courses...as a product manager buying $50+million a year I got entertained pretty well.
ruk

dg-in-centralpa
01-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Since I am an independant contractor I don't have the luyxury of people schmoozing me. Once a year we have a convention in Atlantic City and I can go to parties with open bars, but that is the extent of it.

DG - wishes he could have perks like that

Fred Agnir
01-08-2004, 04:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>
Somebody has to have better stories than me? Care to share?

Kato <hr /></blockquote>I'm not sure I can share the better stories...

Fred

Popcorn
01-08-2004, 11:46 PM
The coat and tie and kissing the bosses ass, office politics, stabbing in the back, and everything else that goes along with it. Just the thought of it creeps me out. You have it better believe me.

rukiddingme
01-09-2004, 06:50 AM
That is why I left that job 13 years ago!
The job was great...and I was really good at it... but after doing it for 12 years I just could no longer deal with all the BS/politics that went with it.
ruk

Wally_in_Cincy
01-09-2004, 07:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> The coat and tie and kissing the bosses ass, office politics, stabbing in the back, and everything else that goes along with it...... <hr /></blockquote>

You forgot the worst part.....

<font color="red">MEETINGS !!! </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Harold Acosta
01-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Good thing you don't work for Uncle Sam. Those "perks" from vendors could cost you your job. "Conflict of Interest", you know...

bigshooter
01-10-2004, 10:21 AM
The corporation I work for bought me lunch at McDonalds once.
Oh wait a minute I just realized something.....
I work at McDonalds.

Chris Cass
01-10-2004, 11:17 AM
Kato, Kato, Kato,

Bill Clintons the president of the Cigar Club.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif,

C.C.