PDA

View Full Version : Fury cues

waylander
01-09-2004, 06:42 AM
I have seen some of the new Fury cues for about 80-90 euros (100-115 USD)they look great but i donīt have the possibility to try them out.
So has somebody here played with one of them?
Are they worth their money? I think they are made in Japan /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif. Donīt know if thatīs so good /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

I would like to hear your opinion!

pooltchr
01-09-2004, 07:17 AM
I just got one of the new Fury RP series this week, so I am still adjusting to it. So far, I am quite happy with the feel and balance. Mine has the Radial Pin joint. This is the first cue I have owned that didn't have a stainless joint, so that is the biggest difference for me. The ones you are looking at have the stainless joint. They retail for about $95 usd, and seem to be a very good buy for the money. They are made in China, in the same factory as Lucasi.

My only issue with the Fury is in the high end models, they use a linen wrap with gold fleck in it. It feels a little rough to me. I will re-wrap it my first opportunity.

Steve - Thinks he is going to LOVE that Radial Pin wood/wood joint

rukiddingme
01-09-2004, 07:48 AM
A friend of mine got one from a catalog house for XMAS. The steel joint was not smooth...had a real sharp be carefull not to cut yourself edge... and the ferrule cracked after less than a week of play.
ruk

Nightstalker
01-09-2004, 11:02 AM
I have the Fury NR-1. I have not experienced any problems with my ferrule and the stainless joint on mine is not sharp at all. The wrap on the NR-1 is black with white spec irish linen and feels fine. The feel of the hit is solid and I play well with it. I recommend Fury cues as a good choice on a budget.