PDA

View Full Version : How many nights a week?

UWPoolGod
01-09-2004, 12:41 PM
How often do you guys/gals play in leagues/tourneys? Even though I am shooting fairly well right now and getting some good experience against some better players...the extra money helps too...but I am playing 4 nights a week right now consistently. I want to add a Wednesday three-man 9ball league to get qualified for some regional tourneys which would make 5 nights. And I can always play in the Friday Blind Draw Scotch doubles 8ball tourney if I wish...but rarely do since getting teamed with the worst player two weeks straight...that would make 6 nights. Obviously I am single right now...but this bar is hottie central with karaoke and all so that may end up cutting my tourneys down if I need to find time for a girl.

All these late nights wear on me and by the weekend I end up sleeping in late and play pool late. Terrible cycle.

cheesemouse
01-09-2004, 12:51 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif AIN'T LIFE GRAND /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RUNaRAK
01-09-2004, 01:25 PM
I used to play as much as you if not more. Now only 1 league per week. I try to make the most of it.
Lot's of time spent practicing at home after the kid goes to bed and my wife gets into her T.V. coma..

Joe.>>>>NOT been single for 11 years..& life is still GRAND! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ray
01-09-2004, 02:02 PM
well i usually play about 3-4 nights a week..

my girlfriend supports my pool playing as she knows that i wanna start qualifying and ranking locally..

ray

cycopath
01-09-2004, 02:13 PM
As long as money, time and relationships allow I would go every night, because eventually these things will not allow you to play very often so take advantage of the opportunity you have now.

Rod
01-09-2004, 02:21 PM
0 League, 1 tourney

Wally_in_Cincy
01-09-2004, 02:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> ...eventually these things will not allow you to play very often so take advantage of the opportunity you have now. <hr /></blockquote>

Amen to that.

Now that I have a house with a table I can play any time I want. Trouble is I have to take care of the stupid house /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Let's see...

2 nights APA 8-ball

14.1 league 35 weeks a year

at home twice a week

at the tavern a few games a week

an occasional tournament (need to play more of those)

UWPoolGod
01-09-2004, 03:01 PM
Yeah right now this is my schedule:

Sunday: Open 8ball tourney
Monday: Open 9ball tourney
Tuesday: Clark County Men's Pool League (Fun)
Wednesday: Probably start 3 man 9ball league (BCA)
Thursday: APA 8ball
Friday: Open Scotch Doubles (occasionally)

The bar I play at also has a Saturday and Sunday afternoon tourney that I used to play in, but they switched them to a "B" only tournament.

bigshooter
01-09-2004, 03:09 PM
Monday - Scotch Doubles 9 ball tourney.
Tuesday - Open 9 ball tourney.
Wednesday - Open 9 ball tourney.
Thursday - Open 9 ball tourney.
Friday - Bar Table 8 ball tourney.
Saturday - Open 9 ball tourney.

Kato
01-09-2004, 03:16 PM
3 nights a week. No big deal.

Kato

01-09-2004, 03:26 PM

Iowashark
01-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Used to play 3 nights a week
Monday-BCA 8ball
Tuesday-APA 8ball
Wednesday-VNEA 8ball

then the occasional Thursday and Sunday tourney

Then I got married and now I play only BCA and VNEA 2 nights a week and hardly ever any tournaments.

My VNEA session is up on Jan 20th and the wife is making me quit that one so I only play pool once a week, and tournaments now are a rarity. Apparently the reason I was allowed to buy a pool table was so I wouldn't have to go out and spend money on pool.

But it's not that my wife is evil, I also play in a band that practices Thursday and Sunday nights so I'm actually a pretty busy guy outside of pool. If it were up to me I'd play in every tournament I could and I'd keep playing my leagues (other than the APA), but there is something to be said about having nights alone with your significant other to do absolutely nothing at all (or at least watch her clean). /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

dg-in-centralpa
01-09-2004, 04:18 PM
I used to play leagues three nights a week but went to two nights and the third as a sub only. I was getting burned out with no time to practice between league nights and coming home from work, eat dinner, grab my cues and off I go.

DG - doing much better