PDA

View Full Version : Derby City Live Info

BCn
01-09-2004, 02:47 PM
We're happy to see the enthusiasm for the live webcast. We're getting great feedback and we are working to establish a set time of day for the broadcast schedule. The potential is there for 24/7 feed, however that is unlikely to occur.

The tentative daily broadcast schedule is as follows:
<ul type="square"> 11:00 AM - 1 PM daily
6 PM - 12 mid every evening
ALL TIMES ARE EASTERN
[/list]
The Ring Game begins at 3PM Friday 1/16 and will continue until completed.

Saturday and Sunday schedule is not yet set.

Thanks.
BCn

Ken
01-10-2004, 08:10 PM
I've got some feedback for you. The broadcast of the 10th program worked once for me although I didn'r watch the whole thing. I thought this was going to be great. It has now crashed 5 times in a row. I doubt very much that the live broadcast will work if I can barely get through the initial commercials on the free broadcast.

I can't even get to the commercial where I'm walking by before it crashes. That is just not acceptable. I think you need to hire a few professionals to work the bugs out of this before a lot of people pay and receive nothing.

I might have to drive to Louisville after all. Anybody have a room to split?
KenCT

Pelican
01-10-2004, 09:14 PM
When will we be able to actually sign up for it? I figure for 10 bucks if it only works half the time it's worth it.

Brady_Behrman
01-10-2004, 09:19 PM
I think you should rephrase that statement, so strong.

EonStreams are the professionals that are making it happen. EonStreams does work for Home Depot and many Fortune 500 Companies.

have you tried emailing them?

The video works GREAT for me!

Check your computer.

I have;
1.8 gig proc
Gig of Memory
64 meg vid card
CABLE Internet

Brady

Holly
01-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Hi Ken,

When viewing a live video feed anything, most especially from the users end can cause problems. The slower the modem speed the more problems arise. Seriously it could be due to your system or Internet provider connection speed that may be causing you fits. rarely is it the feed. Good luck.

Holly

Ken
01-10-2004, 10:00 PM
I'd like to see something close to what is being touted. On the sixth try it has not crashed but is dropping many frames and freezing most of the time and then going to "nowconnecting". It keeps repeating the same game, too. Whenever there is motion it looks fine but It doesn't look like I'll ever get past the fifth game.

No, I don't think this is supposed to be a big money maker but I see individual matches for sale at $9.95 apiece. I just wish that something that the internet is supposed to be good for would finally happen.

And why is it that all the commercials play perfectly except the one that I'm in. Then you drop frames. Is this a conspiracy?

I really hope this is going to work but I am beginning to think that if I want to see some pool next week I better get a room in Louisville.

Do you think they can handle a live feed if they can't broadcast a canned one hour show within two hours? I don't know what happened but it's back to the beginning. Was that a race to 6? I couldn't read the numbers. Maybe it did play the whole show but now it's been stuck on "nowconnecting" for about 5 minutes.
Ken

Brady_Behrman
01-10-2004, 10:04 PM
Ken , What are your operating system specs? What do you use to get on the internet, Cable / Aol, etc??? What operating System?

bigshooter
01-10-2004, 10:44 PM
I just watched the whole thing full screen at 300k with no problems at all - it was flawless - not a flicker or freeze.
I have DSL.

thecardman
01-11-2004, 11:27 AM
Purely for future reference (the town that I live in will be getting Broadband in mid-March and I can't wait!) are BCn hoping to do more live feeds from tournaments and if so when?

Sadly, due to my dial-up connection and the time difference, I won't be ordering the DCC feed (which, I have to confess, I am not happy about), but my best wishes and good luck to all those involved.

thecardman
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bluewolf
01-11-2004, 04:59 PM
I watched a ten minute pool video and it only had two tiny freezes in the beginning and otherwize was fine, although slightly grainy.Overall, it was like I was watching dvd and did fire up windows media player to play this.

I have a slower computer than Brady at 1.25 and 512 raM, 32MB Video and a cable connection.

I wanted to sign up for the dcc thing, but could not find it. I found something to register for bcn tv but could not find the sign up for dcc.

Where is it on the site?

Laura

cycopath
01-12-2004, 12:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brady_Behrman:</font><hr>I have;
1.8 gig proc
Gig of Memory
64 meg vid card
CABLE Internet
<hr /></blockquote>

Mine's bigger than yours. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2.6GHz Hyper Thread P4
1 Gb Mem
64 Mb GeForce4
DSL

RUNaRAK
01-12-2004, 12:34 PM
I have never had any problems with the feeds from BCN. Watched several matched already and no issues with my system crashing, freezing etc...

My system.
2.8ghz P4
Gig of Ram
Radeon 9600 Pro, 128mb DDR LOL!

The Testerone is overflowing... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif