PDA

View Full Version : Price for a table

jeffrey847
01-09-2004, 05:45 PM
I'm going to buy a table. Probably from west penn billiards. Is $2500 reasonable for a good 8' Olhausen, Brunswick or AMF table?

bigshooter
01-09-2004, 05:57 PM
Can you be more specific?
Is it a new table?
What models are you considering, every manufacturer has many different tables?
Does that include delivery and setup?
What kind of accessories come with it?

bigshooter
01-09-2004, 06:17 PM
Do you have room for a 9' table?
Heres a few on ebay in Penn.
Robertson 9' Table. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3652977154&category=21 213)
Gold Crown III (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3652974668&category=21 213)

Either of these could probably be bought for less than or close to what you plan on spending.

New pool tables are like new cars in the respect that as soon as you take it home it loses quite a bit of its value, I've always believed you can get a far better table for much less money going with a used one.
You can usually hire someone to move and install it in your home for a few hundred bucks if you don't want to take it on yourself.
Also if you watch the newspaper in the bigger cities like Pittsburg you may find a real steal, many times people sell tables pretty cheap just to get rid of them.
Anyway not trying to steer you away from a new one just giving my 2 cents.
Blessings.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-10-2004, 09:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Yogi Berra:</font><hr> This is like deja vu all over again <hr /></blockquote>

Search the last 60 days for "Brunswick" "Olhausen" etc.

You'll find plenty of info

bigshooter
01-10-2004, 09:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Yogi Berra:</font><hr> This is like deja vu all over again <hr /></blockquote>

Search the last 60 days for "Brunswick" "Olhausen" etc.

You'll find plenty of info <hr /></blockquote>

Since your new and might not know what he means Jeffrey is at the top of forum page there is a "search" feature and you can use that to find information from older discussions regarding the tables your asking about.
Just click on search type in brunswick and click the button and a lot of different posts should come up.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-10-2004, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the follow-up bigshooter

It just gets mind-numbing sometimes seeing the same question over and over again

Wally~~has a numb mind /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

jeffrey847
01-11-2004, 07:54 AM
Thanks, for the advice. I think I'll get an Olhausen. I've been playing for 35 years and have never bought a new table and in fact gave a pool hall table when I got married..It's like a piece of furniture that I'll keep forever and maybe give to my children later....by the way $3,300 for the table, light, sticks, balls, racks, brush, chalk, cover + $100 installation.

logixrat
01-11-2004, 06:07 PM
You definitely need to check out Kasson. I had an opportunity to see some of their tables here recently as was really impressed. The frame is where they really shine. Everything is done in a quality manner, and not only includes the 2 cross beams that run across the width of the table, but also 2 cross beams that run down the LENGTH of the table. This baby is rock solid. And they use framed 1" Italian slate on top, so the ENTIRE package is there. The model I looked at was The Bentley (http://www.kassonpooltables.com/tablestc/ben.html) and it only ran $1900, and that included delivery &amp; setup, plus your beginner's pack with a few cues &amp; balls and whatnot. Again, they are just solid built tables.

Also, if you can do $3300, make yourself and your kids happy and get a USED Gold Crown IV table by Brunswick. It is pro quality, and considered to be one of the best available today and will definitely last long enough to pass on to generation after generation.

Good luck!!