PDA

View Full Version : simonis 860 face side

moblsv
01-09-2004, 09:52 PM
I want to run this by this forum and make sure I know what I'm talking about before I complain again.

I recently bought a new connelly prescott table and had it installed. After the install guys left I went to play it and the thing wasn't even close to playable. So, I lifted it and leveled it the best I could and went back and complained about the slate seams that would turn a ball around. The guy came back and hand sanded the seams and made them pretty good but I still think he didn't install it right. Now, I got looking at the cloth and noticed that the simonis cloth has a nap to it. After looking more I found that the simonis name stamped on the cloth is on the bottom. Isn't the cloth supposed to be installed with the smooth side with the simonis name stamp as the playing surface?

tateuts
01-09-2004, 10:14 PM
The same thing happened to me - even by very experienced installers. The logo side goes face up - it's the smooth side. It doesn't play like Simonis if installed wrong (balls slide pretty bad).

Here's a pretty good link to a site that sells it and gives some info on installation:

http://www.billiardsstore.com/table_fabric_simonis.cfm

Chris

moblsv
01-09-2004, 10:30 PM
thanks, sure enough this came directly from the site you referenced

"Installation ... When installing your felt, Simonis fabric is to lay Logo Side Up, or the smoother side up."

tateuts
01-09-2004, 10:52 PM
Well, good luck with them. I actually also had one of the pieces of slate that was not precisely flat - to where it couldn't be leveled properly. This was not apparent until the 860 was installed, because the old cloth was so thick you couldn't detect the balls rolling off. Mine's an Olhausen.

Chris