PDA

View Full Version : 9-Ball Record

04-19-2002, 05:46 PM
Can anyone tell me what the record is for the most consecutive racks broken and run?

TomBrooklyn
07-18-2002, 03:59 AM
I'm not sure, but it might be Johnny Archer's 13 against Bustamente.

ObeOne
07-18-2002, 01:40 PM
And I'm lucky to run 1 rack out of 13 [sigh].

Cueless Joey
07-18-2002, 01:44 PM
I believe the "official" record is still Vanover's 9 pack. Halfert said it was on a pro-8 table though. Earl's can't be official since he racked some of the balls. Archer's was done during a money match. Efren did run 9 against Busta in Cardiff years back.

07-18-2002, 02:01 PM

Tommy_Davidson
07-19-2002, 01:52 AM
> Pete Horne,a well known North Carolina player,told me once that he saw Earl Strickland run out after his opponent broke empty,then break and run 15 racks,with no combo's on the 9 or 9's on the break,and in a 20 dollar gambling game to boot! That's the most I've ever heard of. Johnny Archer,Willie Mosconi,CJ Wiley,and several others have 11-12-13 racks runs that have been well documented. Even though it wasn't exactly 9-ball,I saw Alex Pagulayan run 14 racks against the 10-ball ghost,with the ghost on the hill for 10 "dimes",how's that? Tommy D.

Nostroke
07-19-2002, 04:45 AM
you mean with ball and hand after the break i assume?

Patrick
07-23-2002, 03:46 PM
I did 18 racks 1.5 years ago. I don't care about racks anymore, I care about the perfection of every rack. I rather do 1 perfect rack than 100 Earl Strickland racks.

Patrick

Cueless Joey
07-23-2002, 04:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Patrick:</font><hr> I did 18 racks 1.5 years ago. I don't care about racks anymore, I care about the perfection of every rack. I rather do 1 perfect rack than 100 Earl Strickland racks.

Patrick <hr></blockquote>...........
Why weren't they perfect Patrick? The cueball touched a rail or something?
I wonder who has more b.s., Brazil or Patrick.

Eric.
07-24-2002, 07:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Cueless Joey:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Patrick:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; I did 18 racks 1.5 years ago. I don't care about racks anymore, I care about the perfection of every rack. I rather do 1 perfect rack than 100 Earl Strickland racks.

Patrick &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;...........
Why weren't they perfect Patrick? The cueball touched a rail or something?
I wonder who has more b.s., Brazil or Patrick. <hr></blockquote>

Hey man,

Enjoy the laughs, it breaks up the day. I don't think anyone takes this kid too seriously.

Eric &gt;good humour isn't just ice cream

07-24-2002, 09:59 AM
Too bad you can not make one perfect sentence.

Patrick
07-24-2002, 10:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> Too bad you can not make one perfect sentence. <hr></blockquote> What was wrong with my sentences?

Mike H
07-25-2002, 01:11 PM
I think Bob Vanover has the official record at 9, everyone has heard about Archer's 13 pack against Busta, and a local houseman told me Parica ran 36 (yes, 36!!) racks on a barbox at Valley Forge this year....I didn't believe it at first, but a few other guys told me they saw parts of it, one guy saw the first 12, another said he saw 16 then left....anyone out there see the whole thing?

Cueless Joey
07-25-2002, 01:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Patrick:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: d0wnt0wn:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Too bad you can not make one perfect sentence. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt; What was wrong with my sentences? <hr></blockquote>........
Hmn, nothing that I can see. Patrick's English is as good as anyone's here.

SpiderMan
07-25-2002, 01:22 PM
Bob Vanover's run was actually 10, according to him. It was in the Texas State Open. He ended one match with a break and run, then broke and ran nine in the next match.

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Mike H:</font><hr> I think Bob Vanover has the official record at 9, everyone has heard about Archer's 13 pack against Busta, and a local houseman told me Parica ran 36 (yes, 36!!) racks on a barbox at Valley Forge this year....I didn't believe it at first, but a few other guys told me they saw parts of it, one guy saw the first 12, another said he saw 16 then left....anyone out there see the whole thing? <hr></blockquote>

SpiderMan
07-25-2002, 01:30 PM
Whitewolf,

I think it would be easier to run 9-ball on a bar table, because there are few enough balls that "clutter" shouldn't be as important as shots being easy. I'll bet there are a lot more long runs of 9-ball racks on bar tables.

Rod Elliott and I were recently discussing the relative difficulty of playing Fargo on 8' versus 9' tables. He was of the opinion that the reduced clutter on a 9' would be about a wash with the increased shot difficulty. But in Phoenix (where Rod lives), there are very few 8' tables, just nines and bar boxes. Here in Dallas (where I live), eight-footers predominate. My home pool hall has nine 8-foot tables and only four 9-foot tables.

Anyway, I find that I can average ten or twenty points higher playing Fargo on an 8' table than on a 9' table. Maybe it's just that I'm used to playing on eights.

SpiderMan

SpiderMan
07-25-2002, 01:34 PM
What equipment were you playing on? If it was a 9' Brunswick, I'm extremely impressed. If it was a 21-inch ViewSonic monitor ... well, I'm still impressed but have more difficulty deciding how impressed I should be /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

SpiderMan

07-25-2002, 08:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>
Hmn, nothing that I can see. Patrick's English is as good as anyone's here. <hr></blockquote>

That's not exactly saying a mouthful though. What distresses me is that Patrick seems to be the only one taking any abuse for his spelling, sentence structure, or grammar. We ALL make mistakes in these, and I'm sure any one of us could point fingers at five others, so why don't we all stop pointing at Patrick?

Cueless Joey
07-25-2002, 08:18 PM
That's not exactly saying a mouthful though. What distresses me is that Patrick seems to be the only one taking any abuse for his spelling, sentence structure, or grammar. We ALL make mistakes in these, and I'm sure any one of us could point fingers at five others, so why don't we all stop pointing at Patrick? &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
Lorri, count me out. My spilling is perfict all tha time.
My grammer is flowless.
I can write a 15-line sonnet if you'd likez. :-)

Jay M
07-26-2002, 06:38 AM
hucked on fonicks werked fer me

Jay M

Patrick
07-27-2002, 09:34 AM
It was with Virtual Pool 3, it is harder than real pool. The rack has random spaces between the balls, it changes every time and you can't see the gaps because of the graphics. But the balls spread well around the table, they are lucky breaks when you can't control the balls.

I haven't done many high runs in real pool because of bad racks, I need to break very hard so the balls spread, and still there is a small cluster around the rack. I break same speed as Johnny Archer. The rails are different too, on other tables with faster rails I made 3 balls in the break consistently. On the tables where I play on it is the corner ball only that goes, then when the rack is bad it doesn't go in, end of run.

With Sardo tight rack I would make unlimited racks, same break every time.

Patrick