PDA

View Full Version : CCB'ers at the Derby City Classic

Ross
01-10-2004, 01:01 PM
I'll be at Derby City this Thursday afternoon through next Monday evening. Any CCB'ers want to get together for dinner saturday night? (I don't think friday would be good since that is when the ring game will be going on.)

We could have a mini-CCB tourney on Sunday afternoon or evening at the other pool hall. Nothing fancy, just maybe a single elimination race to 7 9-ball tourney. There would probably only be 5 to 10 of us so it would be real easy to set up. I will even provide some accustat tapes for prizes again. Anybody interested?

(And Brady, I cordially invite you to come but only if you bring my Sardo Rack! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

Wally_in_Cincy
01-10-2004, 01:15 PM
If you're looking for a venue someone suggested Bankshot Billiards which is a couple of miles away.

I will not be there until Friday the 23rd.

Ross
01-10-2004, 02:45 PM
Wally, sorry I will miss you. I'm going to the early part of the tourney so I can see some banks and 1-pocket. Its a bonus that I will get to catch the 5k ring game. Wish I could afford the vacation days to stay longer though.

NH_Steve
01-11-2004, 04:58 PM
I'm there for the One Pocket the 17th-22nd. I'd be interested in meeting any and all other One Pocket fans, players or total One Pocket fanatics -- and I belong pretty much in the latter category myself. Furthermore, I sure would like to take on any other One Pocket players from out there in CCB land in a friendly game or two /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Drake
01-11-2004, 06:15 PM
I'll be there for the nine ball part. Meeting some CCB'ers would be great.

dg-in-centralpa
01-11-2004, 08:28 PM
Wish I could be there, especially since I have two sisters-in-laws in Louisville, but work won't let me get away. If you have the chance, check out the Kentucky Derby Museum and Churchill Downs. This is a definite must see.

DG - still counting down to Valley Forge

Ross
01-12-2004, 05:18 PM
Well, the CCB tournout looks pretty light. Ken from CT PM'd me and said he couldn't make it. So far its Steve and me for the first half (banks and 1p) and Drake and Wally for latter half (9-ball).

Well we could have two 2-man CCB tourneys. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Anyone want to sponsor these tourneys with nice custom cues and sharp looking cases for 1st and 2nd place for these events? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
01-13-2004, 07:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> ....Well we could have two 2-man CCB tourneys. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Anyone want to sponsor these tourneys with nice custom cues and sharp looking cases for 1st and 2nd place for these events? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !!!!! That's a fine idea.

cueball1950 will be attending, though I am not sure of his schedule.

NH_Steve
01-15-2004, 06:03 AM
Looking through the last few DCC threads, it looks like about a half dozen CCB posters -- unless you all are being a bit secretive /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It is simply an incredible pool event -- a large hotel absolutely crawling with pool players and pool action. You'll see more great shots, great players and great action than you could in one place -- ever!!! Be there, or be...oh well, I suppose you could stay home and catch a little of the tourney action on the BCn. But really, the tournament is just a part of the whole experience. Seeing first hand the negotiations, bluster, braggadoccia (is that a vegetable? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) and the flair of todays great after hours players, along with the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat is, well, priceless.

Here's who has posted that they are going:
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> Well, the CCB tournout looks pretty light. Ken from CT PM'd me and said he couldn't make it. So far its Steve and me for the first half (banks and 1p) and Drake and Wally for latter half (9-ball).

Well we could have two 2-man CCB tourneys. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Anyone want to sponsor these tourneys with nice custom cues and sharp looking cases for 1st and 2nd place for these events? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote><blockquote><font class="small">Quote SRpool:</font><hr> See everyone there. I can't wait for all the action. <hr /></blockquote><blockquote><font class="small">Quote ONE POCKET GHOST:</font><hr> Should you go to the Derby City Classic next month ???.....ONLY IF YOU'RE ALIVE !!! - NO, LET ME AMEND THAT - I WOULD LIKE TO THINK/HOPE THE GHOSTS OF ALL THE POOL PLAYERS NO LONGER WITH US, WILL ALSO BE THERE.....I've gone every year, and this tournament is as good as it gets - as good or better then the old Johnson City tournaments - the best bank, one pocket, and 9 ball players in the world, under one roof ! - the tournament play, and the after hours action, are the best you'll ever see in one place.....And the tournament room, seating, and food are jam up.....So, if you love GIANT pool/action, Call in sick to work, Buy your wife mega-xmas presents, Fly in from the west, east or south coasts - Do whatever you have to do, but don't miss this tournament ( and no, i don't work for diamond tables/products - i just get that enthusiastic when a pool venue is this good ).............Ghost <hr /></blockquote>