PDA

View Full Version : For all my friends in the south especially Kato

dg-in-centralpa
01-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Just a gratuitous weather report. When I woke up this morning at 6:30 the temp was 2 degrees with a wind chill of minus eleven. Right now its' 16 degrees with a wind chill of 2 degrees. Tonight the low will be 4 degrees. Just thought I'd let you know.

DG - going for the Jim Beam to keep warm or the wife, whichever comes first /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Barbara
01-10-2004, 03:35 PM
dg,

I'm right there with ya! I've had a fire stoked in the wood burning stove all afternoon while taking down the Christmas tree. It's 75 degrees inside, 16 out.

It's a shame the Iggles are playing Green Bay. I'd much prefer some namby-pamby warm weather team for this kind of shocker.

Enjoy!!

Barbara

cueball1950
01-10-2004, 05:54 PM
come on up to albany. over night it was minus 12 or so without the wind chill factor. At 3 this afternoon with the wind chill factor it was a balmy minus 30. So come on lets go swimming. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif..lol..................................mik e

Paul_Mon
01-10-2004, 06:16 PM
Same here brother. Overnight low was a record setting -12. The bad part is that the lake effect snow hasn't stopped yet, over 20" since Thursday. The good part is that it is not too heavy. Normal rock salt dosen't work at these low temps and the driving is trickier. So far only 1 person has died of exposure. Unfortunately, the elderly go out to pick up mail or put out garbage pails and have a fall that proves fatal in these extreme conditions. Hang in ther I heard we are warming up for a few days early next week.

Paul Mon

Pelican
01-10-2004, 09:19 PM
We are under a cold wave. Was in the mid to upper 50's today going down to the high 30's tonight. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

dg-in-centralpa
01-10-2004, 11:09 PM
I hear ya Barbara! But you know, they always choke on the big one.

DG - doesn't care who wins the Super Bowl

dg-in-centralpa
01-10-2004, 11:11 PM
Mike, Come down here we're having a heat wave. Supposed to be in the 40's on Monday and back to bitter cold the rest of the week.
DG - hates cold weather

dg-in-centralpa
01-10-2004, 11:12 PM
Hey Pelican, that is spring time weather for us.

DG - counting the days to spring

Tom_In_Cincy
01-10-2004, 11:51 PM
The cold grip of Winter's worst freeze yet, made the top news story out here in California.

I just had to walk outside and just GRIN.. been there, done that... and hopefully 'done it' for the last time...

High today was 63, sunny and very nice.

dg-in-centralpa
01-11-2004, 09:16 AM
Tom - don't you want to come back and experience it again to make sure you made the right choice? lol

DG - tomorrow will be in the 40's then even colder by the weekend

Kato
01-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Weather report. I'd like to report that the weather is just fine down here. Low 70's maybe. Just gorgeous.

Kato~~~~see's a cloud. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

dg-in-centralpa
01-12-2004, 04:14 PM
Kato - just an update, today was supposed to be in the 40's(I don't think it made it) but the low on Friday is to be
-4 degrees with no wind. Actually that might be a heatwave compared to cueball1950 in upstate NY.

DG - has plenty of anti-freeze ready

cueball1950
01-12-2004, 07:10 PM
Hey DG...that would be a heat wave for us up here in the frozen north. by friday it is suppose to be somewhere around 16 below without factoring in the wind...wanna be a polar bear and go swimming..........................mike

dg-in-centralpa
01-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Hey Mike- come down here we have extra room for you and your wife. Never done the polar bear thing 'cause it's always New Years day and I usually am not functioning until after 12pm. Don't like cold water either but someday will do it.

DG - not sure when, must have enough Jim Beam along to try it

Kato
01-13-2004, 02:44 PM
It's like 80 here. I'm not sure though. No clouds.

Kato

Kato
01-13-2004, 02:49 PM
Sorry, it's 70 right now. Not too bad but I'm wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt. Tonight it's going to be 53 degrees (burrrrr). The rest of the week will be anywhere from 70 to 77 during the day and 50-60 at night.

It's gonna rain this weekend, don't you guys feel bad for me? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato~~~gonna have to wear a sweatshirt tonight but I'm still not running my A/C or Heat. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
01-13-2004, 03:13 PM
Dg, it's like heat wave here. 72 now and suppose to reach 78. I don't know how much longer I can stand it, whew I need a cold glass of water. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod

UWPoolGod
01-13-2004, 04:24 PM
*pours 2358342034 gallons of water over Rod.*

78 degrees. Damn. It is still 38 here in Portland with ice still all over the place. That's it I'm moving.

cueball1950
01-13-2004, 06:05 PM
The weatherman just said on the news that with the wind chill factored in it will be minus 30 to 40 below overnight. time to turn the electric blanket on. not suppose to be ove 10 above all week with the nights at below zero. check it out at www.wnyt.com. (http://www.wnyt.com.) come, lets go swimming in lake george. i have some warm towels. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif....mike

Sid_Vicious
01-13-2004, 08:52 PM
"Don't like cold water either but someday will do it."

When I was in my thirties, I lept into a swimming pool during winter for a macho lap. Lemme tell you friend, I THOUGHT MY HEART WAS GONNA STOP, SERIOUSLY! I'd pass on that venture if I were you, you don't want a real seizure...sid

dg-in-centralpa
01-14-2004, 06:56 AM
Kato - when we have 70+ degree temps, that's Spring for me. I'm wearing short sleeve shirts until the temp goes below 40.

DG - feels bad for you southerners who don't know what cold is lol

dg-in-centralpa
01-14-2004, 06:59 AM
Rod - wish I could enjoy your weather right now. Last night the temps were in the low teens' with 20 - 30 mph winds. We're to get stronger winds late today.

DG - ready for Spring

dg-in-centralpa
01-14-2004, 07:01 AM
Mike - I can't compete with you, you have me beat for temps.
Good Luck!

DG - glad I'm here and not upstate NY

dg-in-centralpa
01-14-2004, 07:04 AM
Sid - thanks for the warning. I have a friend who does this every New Years Day. He says it's very exhilarating. I think he's nuts. We have over 600 people do this on New Years Day to raise money for charity.

DG - will have to think very hard about doing this

Wally_in_Cincy
01-14-2004, 07:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr>...I lept into a swimming pool during winter for a macho lap. ...I'd pass on that venture if I were you, you don't want a real seizure...sid
<hr /></blockquote>

Not to mention the "shrinkage" factor LOL

"She's never heard of shrinkage ? "~~George Castanza /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Barbara
01-14-2004, 07:34 AM
Hey dg! How much snow are you supposed to get?

Barbara~~~3-6 inches tonight...

Kato
01-14-2004, 07:42 AM
What is snow?
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Kato

Barbara
01-14-2004, 09:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> What is snow?
Kato <hr /></blockquote>

B*tch!!

Barbara~~~figuring out how to send a snowball to Kato...

cueball1950
01-14-2004, 11:37 AM
not trying to compete. just may take you up on the invite though. i am just staying in and trying to stay warm...lol........................................ .mike

Kato
01-14-2004, 02:34 PM
Can I use that snow ball to make a nice frozen rum runner?

Kato~~~needling

dg-in-centralpa
01-14-2004, 06:23 PM
Barbara - right now it's snowing. We're to get 3 - 6 inches.
Then frigid cold temps.

DG - hoping for three instead of six

dg-in-centralpa
01-14-2004, 06:30 PM
Wally - I forgot about the "shrinkage factor", that would be a problem

DG - in the same class as Howard Stern lol

Barbara
01-14-2004, 06:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>Tonight it's going to be 53 degrees (burrrrr).

Kato~~~gonna have to wear a sweatshirt tonight but I'm still not running my A/C or Heat. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

The high/low thermometer in my basement registered 40 degrees sometime between yesterday and this afternoon. The cues have been brought upstairs for the time being. So Pete re-tweaked the heat vent down there to actually let some heat through.

Of course, if anything happens to my ivory ferrules or the inlays because of the cold, I'm gonna tweak something on Pete that I'll guarantee he won't like!

Barbara~~~grrring between the brrring...

Barbara
01-15-2004, 09:17 AM
Of course you realize that all those CCB posters up in Canada are pointing their fingers and laughing at us for being such "namby pambies" in what they consider "mild weather".

Canada - 9 months of winter and three months of bad skiing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Barbara

Kato
01-15-2004, 09:33 AM
Yes Barbara but alas, they are Canadians, who cares what they think? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif THAT'S A JOKE!!!!!!!

Kato

Wally_in_Cincy
01-15-2004, 11:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Can I use that snow ball to make a nice frozen rum runner?
<hr /></blockquote>

I don't think I would consume snow from New Jersey.

...well not from Hamiltucky either /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally~~nostalgic for the sulfuric aroma of now-defunct Hamilton Foundry /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Kato
01-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Ah, words of wisdom from the Genius of Hamiltucky. From this point on I will accept no snowballs at my place of business or home from Hamiltucky or New Jersey.

Kato

Wally_in_Cincy
01-15-2004, 12:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> From this point on I will accept no snowballs at my place of business or home from Hamiltucky or New Jersey.

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

You are wise beyond your years Grasshopper.

Kato
01-15-2004, 01:10 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks Wally. Sometimes all one has to do is listen to the words that eminate from the originator. In this instance, I was to be tricked by Babs, Agent 99 and her ploy almost succeeded as I was more intent on rubbing salt in the wound than seeing the treachory that was placed before me. Then, the Dark Knight, the Hamiltucky Hammer, the Master of the McDermott smashed that treachory with his war hammer. I am saved because I listened, not my wisdom.

I do however wonder if the Cass's had anything to do with Agent 99's plan? I think we all know that Chris and Barbara are involved in black ops all over the world and since I consistently call them when they are freezing to death or shoveling snow that perhaps Chris may also be involved in this subterfuge? I don't have proof of crop circles or pod placements but I have my theories.

Any thoughts?

Kato

dg-in-centralpa
01-15-2004, 08:48 PM
Also make sure not to eat yellow snow.

DG - quoth Frank Zappa

dg-in-centralpa
01-15-2004, 08:50 PM
Hey Barbara - how much snow did you get? I only got 2 inches. Now the wind is picking up. Tomorrow the wind chill will be about 10 - 20 below zero. Not as bad as New England.

DG - hates frigid temps with wind

cueball1950
01-15-2004, 10:03 PM
check this out. not trying to compete mind you. BUT IT IS SO COLD RIGHT NOW AND THEY EXPECT IT TO GET SO MUCH COLDER TOMORROW THAT THEY ARE CLOSING SOME SCHOOLS CUZ OF THE COLD. Never in my 54 (NEXT MONTH) have i ever seen them close a school cuz of the cold...check it out at www.wnyt.com... (http://www.wnyt.com...) this weather is just to much..hey kato,,, got a spare room /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. i just may move or visit harold acosta...keep warm people........................mike

dg-in-centralpa
01-16-2004, 06:57 AM
Mike,
Back in the early 90's, we had a week of single digit temps with 30 - 40 mph winds for a solid week. The governor closed the schools and asked all businesses to close at 5pm so people wouldn't have to be out at night.

DG

CarolNYC
01-16-2004, 07:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
MUCH COLDER TOMORROW <hr /></blockquote>

..........I took my dog out at 5 am-he lifted his leg on a tree for a good count of 20 Mississippi,I had to pat his little butt to get a move on!
Carol~thought he was frozen to the tree /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kato
01-16-2004, 07:25 AM
For any of you Eskimos up in the Northeast my home is always welcome to you. Just give me about 2 hours lead time so I can make sure I've got enough clean sheets and you're good to go. I wish Carol would hurry up and come back, I want a hug /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

Barbara
01-16-2004, 09:33 AM
ROTFLMAO!!!!

Ya know Kato, sometimes I think you're wound a little too tight...

Barbara~~~aka Agent 99...

Barbara
01-16-2004, 09:39 AM
dg,

It's about 17 degrees but the wind chill is about 2. We only got a couple inches, but the driving was really bad yesterday because everything refroze immediately - it was that cold.

We're going to Atlantic City today for the Sail Expo at the Convention Center. Can't wait to check out those 50-footers that Pete can stand up in below decks!! Now if I only had an extra $300 G...

Barbara~~~might just stick her tootsies in the ocean today... NOT!

Kato
01-16-2004, 09:52 AM
Of course I'm wound tight, you would be to if you were in frigid 62 degree weather!!!!!!!! Heck, the wind has kicked up to 5 mph. I don't know how people live like this, I'm moving to Jamacia.

Kato~~~~http://www.stupid-boy.com/smilies/otn/realhappy/xxrotflmao.gif

Barbara
01-16-2004, 09:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Of course I'm wound tight, you would be to if you were in frigid 62 degree weather!!!!!!!! <hr /></blockquote>

I've said it before and I'll say it again. B*tch!!

Barbara

Wally_in_Cincy
01-16-2004, 10:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>

... the Master of the McDermott...

<font color="blue">Ooooh, I like that. Can I use that? </font color>

Any thoughts?

<font color="blue">Yes. Never trust anybody from New Jersey. They talk funny. </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Kato
01-16-2004, 10:14 AM
Barbara, when you go out do you look like you're walking on the moon? Do you have like 4 pairs of pants, 6 shirts, a sweater, 4 jackets, mittens, gloves, a hat for your head and some ear muffs?

Since it's casual Friday I had a tough decision this morning. Insulated work boots or sneakers? I chose sneakers, good thing since the temp is going up, I remember the forecast saying it will be around 77 or so by tomorrow. Remember though, it's going to rain, good thing I've got plenty of cold beer in the house.

Kato~~~~http://www.smilies.okipages.com/s/contrib/ruinkai/FIREdevil.gif~~~~ok, so I'm evil /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
01-16-2004, 10:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Barbara, when you go out do you look like you're walking on the moon? Do you have like 4 pairs of pants, 6 shirts, a sweater, 4 jackets, mittens, gloves, a hat for your head and some ear muffs?

Kato~~~~http://www.smilies.okipages.com/s/contrib/ruinkai/FIREdevil.gif~~~~ok, so I'm evil /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

You mean like that scene from "A Christmas Story" where the kid is bundled up so much that when he falls down he can't get up?

Nah. Nothing like that. But I do have ear muffs.

Remind me to smack you next time I see you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

Kato
01-16-2004, 11:03 AM
Remind me to kiss you and shake Pete's hand. Anybody that can endure like you guys deserve mad props.

Kato

Kato
01-16-2004, 03:46 PM
Just a quick update for everyone who doesn't live here or south of here.

It's a bone chilling 73 degrees with 33% humidity and pretty much 0 wind. I think it's important to note that it's going to get cold again, 57 tonight. Thankfully it will be back to 78 tomorrow afternoon. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

Rod
01-16-2004, 04:10 PM
I know what you mean. It's all the way down to 70 and a brutal 49 tonight. Burrrrr /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod

Wally_in_Cincy
01-17-2004, 07:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> I know what you mean. It's all the way down to 70 and a brutal 49 tonight. Burrrrr /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

Well, I don't want to hear you and Kato whining when the blistering summer sun makes your rearview mirror fall off. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I may go back in the archive for Rod's summer weather report. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Kato
01-17-2004, 08:21 AM
Doesn't matter Wally, it's hot everywhere. There are only a few days a year here that I hate going outside. By the way, how are your beaches? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif And the women at your beaches, they look pretty good huh? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll tell you this, while there are admittedly beautiful women all around the world............ours wear less clothes /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kato~~~tellin' it straight, the only way I know how

Kato
01-17-2004, 08:29 AM
By the way Wally, I've got a 12:30 tee time today, it's probably going to be in the mid 70's. What did you say you were doing this afternoon?

Kato~~~~http://smilies.crowd9.com/contrib/navigator/lhdevil.gifTo which Wally says,http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/otn/violent/bigun2.gif"I never liked you anyway.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-17-2004, 08:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> I'll tell you this, while there are admittedly beautiful women all around the world............ours wear less clothes /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

I like beaches

Wally_in_Cincy
01-17-2004, 09:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>I like beaches <hr /></blockquote>

http://nobispro.com/aquatank/images/thong-a-thongirl.gif

Kato
01-17-2004, 09:19 AM
I think I dated her.

Kato~~~couldn't possibly have dated her, I like brunettes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
01-17-2004, 09:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> I think I dated her.

Kato~~~couldn't possibly have dated her, I like brunettes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Here's the one you dated:

http://www.fastfunpages.com/02/09/athong/thong.jpg

Wally~~glad Kato can take a joke /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod
01-17-2004, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I don't want to hear you and Kato whining when the blistering summer sun makes your rearview mirror fall off.
<hr /></blockquote>

Wally,

I had that happen once, the darn mirror just fell off, cheap glue. Yep it gets pretty warm here. Summer is ok, just don't touch anything! Sitting on a leather seat will fry your a$$, just like eggs sizziling. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod

Kato
01-17-2004, 10:35 AM
Yeah, but it's a dry heat /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~our heat index get in the 120's consistently in July and August.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-17-2004, 10:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr>..Sitting on a leather seat will fry your a$$, just like eggs sizziling. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

Eggs? I think fried ham would be a more appropriate description /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

dg-in-centralpa
01-17-2004, 03:32 PM
Kato - I've been to a few places up here where they don't wear any clothes. The sights are that much better.

DG - doesn't have to worry about tan lines

Kato
01-17-2004, 06:11 PM
Got news for ya bro. We've got 'em here to /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~been there.......done that /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CarolNYC
01-18-2004, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I want a hug <hr /></blockquote>
UNCONDITIONALLY! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif