PDA

View Full Version : American Heritage Pool Tables

jeffrey847
01-11-2004, 07:14 AM
Helpfull Opinions on American Heritage Pool Tables , do they use slate (if so, what kind and how thick), quality, durability, contstruction compared to Olhausen and Brunswick...your experience....they also use Prima Classe™ slate ever heard of it, I searched the web and only found it on their site...

peterk
01-11-2004, 08:53 AM
Bought one a month ago. Looks like beautiful furniture. The table has one inch slate, is of hardwood construction and plays well. Tough to beat for the price. I paid $1,800 for mine. My only complaint are the accessories. Don't bother with them, go out and get good balls and cues.

sandgnat
01-11-2004, 03:25 PM
I bought an 8" Cambridge (in cherry w/ double diamonds and rosewood rails) from AH in December. They build them to order (6-8 weeks total turn-around time), price included delivery and installation. They are now using 1-1/8" 3-piece slate standard for all tables. All wood construction. No laminates, plywood or veneers. Center beam construction. They do not make a mid-range or low-end table. I am very happy with it so far except for the pockets. I am currently awaiting a response from them regarding these (just emailed them today). The shield pockets they used on mine were a little "chinsey" compared to the extremely high quality of the rest of the table. I hope they do me right and change out my pockets. You can't beat the 1-1/8" slate, though. the table weighs about a million tons, cannot lift it to level it without a crew of only two people without hydraulic assistance. I agree regarding the accessory package... don't expect to use any of them over the long-term (have your Aramiths ready to go).

Anybody know the correct spelling of "chinsey" (i.e. cheap)?

sandgnat
01-11-2004, 03:29 PM
Oops! Mine was an American Heirlooms, not an American Heritage. My bad! ahpooltables.com (http://www.ahpooltables.com/)