PDA

View Full Version : predator for cuetec

houseman
01-11-2004, 08:04 PM
I know you can buy predator shaft blanks and have a cue guy make it to fit your cue joint type, but does anyone sell them already made for a cuetec cue???
none of my suppliers do that I know of. I would like to try one on a cuetec because I like their wrap material.

dg-in-centralpa
01-11-2004, 08:14 PM
My advice would be to call Predator direct. They make them for every kind of cue, why not Cuetec?

DG - just my 2c

Troy
01-11-2004, 08:15 PM
As far as I know, Cuetec has a proprietary pin making it very difficult to matcha shaft to their butt.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote houseman:</font><hr> I know you can buy predator shaft blanks and have a cue guy make it to fit your cue joint type, but does anyone sell them already made for a cuetec cue???
none of my suppliers do that I know of. I would like to try one on a cuetec because I like their wrap material. <hr /></blockquote>

ryushen21
01-11-2004, 09:37 PM
Which series of cuetec do you have? i am pretty sure that the newer cuetec pins have not been matched up to any predator shafts yet. If it is an older one, you may have a chance. Although it is probably slim. Or you clould just save a lot of time and email predator to find out definitevely.

Cueless Joey
01-12-2004, 01:17 AM
It can be done. My local cueamaker repairman, Kerry Zeiler, can do it.
He is not one of your typical tap and die repairman/cuemaker.
He's even converted a a Cuetec jump break cue as his bar cue. He installed a Uni Loc pin on it.
Cuetec has a 3/8 pin but is not a 10 pitch variety. Cuetec's joint diameter is much thinner than the usual .840" b/c they have coated shafts that are very stiff.
Predator doesn't even make shafts for radial pinned cues yet. They will never make it for Cuetec.

Troy
01-12-2004, 10:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ryushen21:</font><hr> Which series of cuetec do you have? ..... Or you could just save a lot of time and email predator to find out definitevely. <hr /></blockquote>

I don't have a Cuetec, but I have had some in for repair. The fiber bushing in the shaft becomes worn and the owner requests a fix. I've been unable to locate a correct tap.

Correct... Contact Predator directly.

Troy