PDA

View Full Version : Super Billiards Expo - 03/25 thru 03/28

Doctor_D
01-12-2004, 07:06 AM
Good morning:

The Super Billiards Expo in Valley Forge, PA will be here before we know it. Who from the CCB is planning to attend this year?

Roll Call Please!

Dr. D.

9 Ball Girl
01-12-2004, 08:19 AM
I may go down for that Saturday only to check things out.

Rich R.
01-12-2004, 08:47 AM
My wife and I will be there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, for those who are interested, I have been told that there will be a Trick Shot competition this year, with all the major players from the artistic pool organization. This is in addition to the UPA 9-Ball tournament.

I still wish the WPBA and Hopkins could work something out. I miss seeing the ladies of the WPBA. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Billy
01-12-2004, 09:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Doctor_D:</font><hr> Good morning:

The Super Billiards Expo in Valley Forge, PA will be here before we know it. Who from the CCB is planning to attend this year?

Roll Call Please!

Dr. D.
<hr /></blockquote>

there's a particular book of drills that I'm interested in so I'll be planning to attend this year /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fred Agnir
01-12-2004, 09:04 AM

The Super Billiards Expo in Valley Forge, PA will be here before we know it. Who from the CCB is planning to attend this year?<hr /></blockquote> Once again, I will torture myself and attempt to play the singles. Now that I know something about the tourney, maybe I might actually be prepared this year. I'm sponsoring a player in the Women's event as well.

Fred

Barbara
01-12-2004, 09:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> I still wish the WPBA and Hopkins could work something out. I miss seeing the ladies of the WPBA. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

The WPBA has a tournament in San Diego that weekend.

Barbara

br8knrun52
01-12-2004, 09:16 AM
My wife and I are going....I told her that I want to watch some matches and meet some of the CCB'rs that are going. Do you guys meet at a certain spot on where to meet? Is there a certain "call" that you have like (drinks on -insert name- ) /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif? Oh....I also just want to "window shop" /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Rob

Rich R.
01-12-2004, 09:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> The WPBA has a tournament in San Diego that weekend. <hr /></blockquote>
I know. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif There is no hope for this year. Maybe next. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Chris Cass
01-12-2004, 09:23 AM
I plan on going. I'm going to have the pleasure of meeting Barry Szamboti and all the pleasure will be mine. Thanks to Barbara a good close friend of her and Pete. I understand he'll be busy entertaining some bigtime cue collector but hoping he'll give me a minute for a picture. Who knows? He may even sell my South West? Will have to see.

Spike will be there too. He plans on taking off everything and most likely nit all the cuemakers there with questions like. Do you sponsor pool players? What place do I have to finish to get sponsored? Poor Dave Jacoby. He was all over Dave the entire Open in VA. LOL Dave is so good to us. He even offered his van to tootle around. Even offered to drive if we wanted. Dave, Brandon and I go way back. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif He's got a jump cue out now that is a cross between an Stealth Airtime and the Frog. It's just plane stealing.

Regards,

C.C.~~gonna have to get one for Steve Lipsky. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara
01-12-2004, 10:08 AM
Barry's most likely to be hanging around Lucky's booth for the Expo.

Barbara~~~will be chained to the amateur tournament desk...

Rich R.
01-12-2004, 10:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I plan on going. <hr /></blockquote>
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
We will see you there.
Will Heide be making the trip, or is this trip for the Cass men only? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

BTW, I think Steve would rather have a Sardo rack. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steve Lipsky
01-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Hey Chris! Yeah, send one over, will ya? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wish I could make it out to Valley Forge to see everyone, but until the payout structure changes a little, it's a tough trip to make. The 3 nights in the hotel plus food, travel expenses, and entry fee comes to around $550-$600. You have to come in 3rd/4th in the tournament to break even after taxes (they pay you by check) - and there's something like 1,000 players now. The women's tournament is similar lunacy.

I like Allen and Dawn a lot, and more power to them for hosting such an industry-wide event. I just wish the payout were a little more fair.

Oh well, guess I'll see everyone in Vegas...

- Steve

TomBrooklyn
01-12-2004, 11:03 AM
I'll be going on Saturday. It will be cool to meet CC.

bluewolf
01-12-2004, 11:14 AM

Roll Call Please!

Dr. D.
<hr /></blockquote>

Gosh. That is a pretty long time from now. We did drive up last year on saturday and stayed for a few hours. All I can say about this year is, "I hope"..."if the good Lord's willin and the creeks don't rise' type of thing.

I too look forward to getting your book. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laura

Chris Cass
01-12-2004, 12:13 PM
You and W.W. going to PA.? I'll believe it when I see it.

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
01-12-2004, 12:16 PM
Ouch Steve,

I can't afford to not make any doe. Maybe there won't be any real players?

Regards,

C.C.~~bar boxes? 9fts.? don't even have a clue about the format.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-12-2004, 12:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>...bar boxes? <hr /></blockquote>

Yep. Not sure which brand.

Steve Lipsky
01-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Hey Chris. If you are looking to make money on this event, you have to get to the finals. It's played on 7 footers, and if you've never played 9-ball on a bar box, beware. There's no safes... it's just break and runout, because your opponent will on his break.

As to the quality of the players... the field is peppered with a bunch of killers these days (wasn't too bad 3 or 4 years ago). There is absolutely no reason on earth why you can't win it - but you're gonna have to work for it /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

The format is best 2 out of 3 sets, race to 5 each set. Alternating break. Single elimination.

Good luck if you play! Again, the Expo experience is really a lot of fun, just a little on the expensive side.

- Steve

Pizza Bob
01-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Re: Bar boxes?
I believe that this year they were going to try and have ALL Diamond Smart Tables. They had some last year and got very positive comments about them, so the aim was to have them exclusively this year. Barabra may know for sure.

Adios,

Pizza Bob&lt;----Will be there with bells on...well maybe not bells

Rich R.
01-12-2004, 01:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> bar boxes? 9fts.? don't even have a clue about the format. <hr /></blockquote>
Last year they were all bar boxes made by Diamond.

Barbara
01-12-2004, 01:51 PM
I have no reason to think that Allen would regress and NOT go with the Diamond Smart tables again this year. They were a TD's dream last year - not one complaint about them, either.

PB - I thought that all he had last year were the Samrt tables.

Barbara

Tom_In_Cincy
01-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Rich
Pictures.. Pictures.... Pictures... PLEASE...

Thanks

dg-in-centralpa
01-12-2004, 02:20 PM
I will definitely be there for the amateur tourny. I'll have the wife and daughter as well. I would really like to meet my fellow ccb'ers there at some point.

DG - will settle up with Barbara at Valley Forge on our bet

Kato
01-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Chris is a bar box monster /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~bar box midget

Pizza Bob
01-12-2004, 03:14 PM
Barbara:
The action/practice tables were still Valleys. I thought some of the tables downstairs were still Valleys too, but my memory aint what it used to be.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Barbara
01-12-2004, 04:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr>
DG - will settle up with Barbara at Valley Forge on our bet <hr /></blockquote>

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that...

Do they make sugar-free chocolate?

Barbara~~~needs to think up something for Eric. too...

woody_968
01-12-2004, 05:26 PM
I played a tourny this weekend that had diamond tables. First time I have really gotten to play on Diamonds, everyone is right, they played like a dream!!!

Karatemom
01-12-2004, 05:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>
We will see you there.
Will Heide be making the trip, or is this trip for the Cass men only? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

BTW, I think Steve would rather have a Sardo rack. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>Unfortunately, it will be just the guys for that weekend. There's no way I can take off for it because the week after is the Iowa State event and I'll already be taking days off for that. New bosses don't like it when you take a bunch of days off in a row, so it has to be one or the other. I have already agreed to play with a team of ladies for the state event so Valley Forge is out of the question for me. I'll feel left out and will hate coming home to an empty house, but I wish everyone luck, and hope CC and Spike take everything off!

Heide

dg-in-centralpa
01-12-2004, 05:51 PM
If it's sugar free why bother?

DG - lives for chocolate

Barbara
01-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Bummer!! I guess I'll have to catch up with in Vegas.

Barbara

Karatemom
01-12-2004, 09:25 PM
I don't plan on going there either, but that's a ways away yet, things could change. I won't get a weeks vacation for another year so I don't see myself pulling Vegas off this year. Guess you're going to have to come here, LOL.

Heide ~ misses talking with her CCB buddies

Rich R.
01-13-2004, 05:07 AM
We will miss you Heide. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rich R.
01-13-2004, 05:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Rich
Pictures.. Pictures.... Pictures... PLEASE...

Thanks <hr /></blockquote>
Tom, I will see what I can do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
01-13-2004, 09:41 AM
Thanks Steve,

Man, sure wish it was double elimination. Hate the thought of traveling that far and doing something stupid and lose a match. I'll just have to play so tight and not to mention playing on Diamonds. It's all about winning your own serve.

Regards,

C.C.~~rather a race to 11 single elim. or the same race but double elim. sure would like last yrs payout structure.

Chris Cass
01-13-2004, 09:42 AM
That was really nice of you to say. Me too.

C.C.

Wally_in_Cincy
01-13-2004, 09:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> ...I'll just have to play so tight and not to mention playing on Diamonds. ....<hr /></blockquote>

Hey CC

Could you explain what you meant to say.

I don't think the Diamond barboxes are tight like the 9-foot Diamond.....if that's what you're saying. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif or something...

Chris Cass
01-13-2004, 09:54 AM
Thank you for the compliment but I haven't a break anymore. Also let me state for the record that pool isn't pool unless your shooting it on a 9ft. Unfortunatly, that's all that is played on out here in corn country. I play on both and a master of none. I wish I lived in a town where they shot on just 9fts and they had straight pool leagues and one pocket leagues. That would be fun.

I also don't want to insult any bar box players either. The reason I feel this is because too many players can run out on these small tables. Even players that can't play can make balls. Besides, I feel I can let out my stroke on a 9ft. I guess I like the long game more than the short.

Regards,

C.C.~~need 9ft lessons from Kato. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DennyS
01-14-2004, 10:04 AM
I'm also planning on attending. Will be there representing Stroketrainer and of course The Ohio Pool School. Hope to meet all of you there!

UWPoolGod
01-14-2004, 10:23 AM
A general question for all about a product....

...where do you purchase these telescopic bridges that extend out? I have looked online and have not seen them anywhere. They have a tube..inside a tube...inside a tube that extends from case size to bridge length. I saw Thornfeldt using one for a while. How much are they?

Rich R.
01-14-2004, 11:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr> A general question for all about a product....

...where do you purchase these telescopic bridges that extend out? I have looked online and have not seen them anywhere. They have a tube..inside a tube...inside a tube that extends from case size to bridge length. I saw Thornfeldt using one for a while. How much are they? <hr /></blockquote>
I have also seen, on ESPN, the players in wheelchairs use them. I think they have an association. I checked a few areas I have, but was unable to find there web site. If you can find their web site, it may have a link.
Just a thought.

SPetty
01-14-2004, 11:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> I have also seen, on ESPN, the players in wheelchairs use them. I think they have an association. I checked a few areas I have, but was unable to find there web site. <hr /></blockquote> http://www.nwpainc.com/

Here's their "aids" page:
http://nwpainc.com/aids.htm

UWPoolGod
01-14-2004, 11:24 AM
Sure does
http://nwpainc.com/phoenix.htm

Thanks guys

Rich R.
01-14-2004, 12:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr> Sure does
http://nwpainc.com/phoenix.htm

Thanks guys <hr /></blockquote>
That is the one I have seen. It seems to work well.

Thanks for the help SPetty. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voodoo Daddy
01-14-2004, 07:11 PM
I would go but I'll be in Rhode Island then on "family" business. Maybe I could come by for a lil while on the 27th, MAYBE!! If not, expect to see me in Virginia come Sept...it'll be sorta a 40th B-Day gift to me!!!

Voodoo~~~said he was going last year but KNOWS he's going this year!!

Ralph S.
01-14-2004, 07:24 PM
Hopefully,I might be able to be there. Still just a little too far off for me to know. I realy want to get together with the Cass family face to face. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jimmy B
01-16-2004, 02:41 PM
I'll be there, and playing (I hope) it's a good thing I don't plan on cashing or I'd be pissed that the payout sucks.

JB