PDA

View Full Version : Exact bumper locations for bumper pool??

Allenkim
01-12-2004, 02:06 PM
Hello, I am going to build a few bumper pool tables. Although I have found sources for the parts, I cannot find official dimensions on where the location of the holes & bumpers go on these tables. Any idea where I might find this info?

Thanks for any help,

Allen

Paul_Mon
01-13-2004, 02:01 PM
Since nobody has bothered answering your question I'll do my best to help. I'd take a tape measure to Sears and start measuring a table. If asked what your doing tell them that you and the wife have a bet over how far apart the bumpers are supposed to be. I doubt that they would even care that you are measuring the table. I also doubt that there are any official dimensions for a bumper table.

Paul Mon~~~~~~fell in love with pool on a bumper table in 1960

Wally_in_Cincy
01-13-2004, 02:16 PM
In 1980 my boss gave me one of those 3-way dining room tables, if you flip the top over it was a felted poker table and if you took the top off there was an octagon-shaped bumper pool table. Pretty cool actually

bumper pool is better than no pool /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allenkim
01-13-2004, 02:38 PM
Thanks for your help, it looks like measuring one will be my best bet. I know Sears sells one for about $200.00, but it is made so poorly, that I wouldn't pay $50 for it. It is costing me about $130.00 complete not counting labor, and I am using Corian soloid surface over 3/4" MDF for the playing surface. Much cheaper than slate (I've got a wholesale source) and much harder than just MDF. Maybe next time I may try a real table!!