PDA

View Full Version : Anyone's bars have triathalons?

UWPoolGod
01-12-2004, 02:27 PM
The bar I have been playing at recently it a pretty cool place with lots of events and prizes during MNF and such. About three months ago they have their Balls N Shafts tournament (that I didn't know about)... consisting of a 4 man team golf best ball event in the morning at a local course, and then a doubles team pool event later on in the afternoon/evening. Wins in pool took off strokes at golf and a winner was eventually decided. $35/man entry led to a bunch of money since there were a bunch of teams.

While at UW we had a Triathalon with Pool (tourney), Table Tennis (tourney), and Bowling (total pins 4 games) being the three events. So many points given to whoever finished high in each event and a winner was declared after the points were totaled. I won two years in a row.

What I want to bring to the bars attention is the possibility of a quadrathalon. On seperate weekends...or one two day event...have say a $40 entry per person event featuring pool, table tennis, foosball, darts tourneys doing the same thing. They just bought a table tennis top to fit on the lower table with plety of space. And they ust bought a coin op foosball table.

There are a lot of players that are good at a couple but lacking in others. I would go very good in pool, so-so in tabletennis and darts, but terrible in foosball (worst game ever invented IMHO LOL)...and there are players that are very good in foosball but not in pool. So I think it would be a fun event with a lot of attention. There was a semi-master foosball player in the bar last night beating on all the wannabes and taking their money LOL.

Have any of you done any similar events? Any info or thoughts regarding this would be great.

Iowashark
01-12-2004, 02:31 PM
A bar around here has a once-a-year Barlympics. It consists of a scotch doubles 8-ball tournament, a two-man team cricket tournament(darts), and a foosball tournament. All tournaments set up in a double elimination format. It's usually a blast. Along with the entry fee you get a bottomless cup, lunch, and dinner (it's easily a 12 hour event).

UWPoolGod
01-12-2004, 02:41 PM
That team cricket event sounds better than a straight one on one event and scotch doubles would also make for a better run. Make the two-some stay the same in each event. Then you'd really have to pick a good partner. LOL.

Candyman
01-12-2004, 02:49 PM
My local bar(Bogeys) has a 9-hole golf tournament, volley ball, and horse shoes triathalon anually. Pool use to be one of the events when we first started, but to many people joined the fun and it was dropped. Our local cab service provides free service that day. It is just their way of saying "thank you".