PDA

View Full Version : The Successful "Blind" Date

9 Ball Girl
01-12-2004, 09:29 PM
Well not exactly a blind date because I knew what he looked like and he knew what I looked like. Well, what can I say? When he saw me he was like "Wow". I was blushing all over the place. Hispanic men that are not from the U.S. have a way with words I guess. And...

He mentioned the pool. Not me. He wants to come see me play and he wants me to go see him play futbol (soccer). Tit for tat, eh?

Wendy<---one happy camper! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cueball1950
01-12-2004, 09:41 PM
Glad you had a nice time. Tit for tat...what an expression..:cool..lol /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif ,Am happy for you...........see you at valley forge,,,maybe.....mike

stickman
01-12-2004, 10:32 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Good for you.

Jim

Keith Talent
01-13-2004, 12:55 AM
If this guy just intuited somehow that you play pool ... maybe it's got a chance. Or did he get a peek at your sourdough rack tattoo?/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Btw, I dragged a couple of nonplayers out to the ph on a "date" today, myself. Fortunately, I remembered the burp cloth, a couple bottles of formula, and most importantly, the pacifiers.

Rich R.
01-13-2004, 04:46 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
01-13-2004, 07:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith Talent:</font><hr> If this guy just intuited somehow that you play pool ... maybe it's got a chance. Or did he get a peek at your sourdough rack tattoo?/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Btw, I dragged a couple of nonplayers out to the ph on a "date" today, myself. Fortunately, I remembered the burp cloth, a couple bottles of formula, and most importantly, the pacifiers. <hr /></blockquote>

That's ok, just remember, it's considered bad form to change them on the felt...er....cloth.

or the bar for that matter.

Reminds me of a story. Sitting at the local sports bar, drinking a beer, having a cig. Dude comes in with wife and kid and he throws the diaper bag on the bar. Then he has the nerve to toss me a nasty glance for smoking. I wanted to bitch-slap him. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
01-13-2004, 07:23 AM
I'm glad things went well for you. For your sake I will forgive him for being a soccer player. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keith Talent
01-13-2004, 08:38 AM
Wendy,

Best of luck with your futboller ... and sorry about absent-minded threadjack. I've started a separate thread on that subject.

Tom_In_Cincy
01-13-2004, 10:59 AM
Glad you had a good time. When are you going to do it again?

9 Ball Girl
01-13-2004, 02:24 PM
We're both off on this Monday so we'll have more time together on Sunday. Otherwise, next Friday will do since I'm busy this weekend.

wolfdancer
01-13-2004, 10:38 PM
Where can I buy some tat, for exchange purposes???

bluewolf
01-14-2004, 05:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>

He mentioned the pool. Not me. He wants to come see me play and he wants me to go see him play futbol (soccer). Tit for tat, eh?

Wendy&lt;---one happy camper! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Reminds me of a story about my parents. my mother was an artist and did not really like to exercise that much, while my father was the active outdoor type.

So my mother went sailing and hiking because she wanted to be with him. He went to art shows with her because he wanted to be with her and support her.

It was the love and the committment. I saw that it can work even if people are different as long as they have the important things in tact.

GL with your new date.

Laura

Kato
01-14-2004, 07:31 AM
So he's a soccer player huh? How............cute. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~would rather watch Croquet or Curling than watch soccer. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS. Wendy, I'm happy you like him.

PSS. Percentage wise, how much better is he than the airline pilot?

9 Ball Girl
01-14-2004, 08:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> So he's a soccer player huh? How............cute. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~would rather watch Croquet or Curling than watch soccer. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS. Wendy, I'm happy you like him.

PSS. Percentage wise, how much better is he than the airline pilot? <hr /></blockquote>Actually, soccer can be kind of exciting. My ex was Mexican and that's what he liked so I used to watch it and it got me thinking about how exciting pool would be if the commentators would be like the soccer commentators.

Anyway, because this new one plays soccer, he's got a nice bod. No I have not seen his bod but I was scoping out the package when he'd walk away to get more drinks or whatever.

How much better is he than the pilot? I can't say yet since I only spent about 5 hours with the soccer player and 8 years with the captain. If you mean in looks, they're both handsome in their own way. The soccer player is definitely a better kisser. Whew! But I can't help to wonder what quirks this one's got...

I can tell you this though, the soccer player is not the hottie with sprinkles that I know... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wendy&lt;---hates the start of a new romance /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
01-14-2004, 08:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>....it got me thinking about how exciting pool would be if the commentators would be like the soccer commentators.

<hr /></blockquote>

Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine! Nine!

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nAz
01-14-2004, 01:17 PM
" Wendy&lt;---hates the start of a new romance"

thats the best part, before you get to know all the BS that person really is all about. before one gets bored /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Iowashark
01-14-2004, 02:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>

<hr /></blockquote>

I would have to rank watching soccer right up there with watching the WNBA and scraping fingernails on a chalkboard. Torture. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato
01-14-2004, 02:27 PM
<hr /></blockquote>Actually, soccer can be kind of exciting. <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry Wendy, this is fundamentally a ridiculous statement. I'm sorry, I can't accept this as an answer, reply, or rebuttal.

Kato~~~basically saying that this statement is undeniably false and that Wendy has quite possibly been brainwashed.

SPetty
01-14-2004, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, soccer can be kind of exciting.<hr /></blockquote>What she probably meant was: "Actually, watching those cute buff guys running around in their shorts can be kind of exciting."

Hope that helps.

Kato
01-14-2004, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I knew it was something like that.

Kato~~~see's things much clearer now.

9 Ball Girl
01-14-2004, 04:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> <hr /></blockquote>Actually, soccer can be kind of exciting. <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry Wendy, this is fundamentally a ridiculous statement. I'm sorry, I can't accept this as an answer, reply, or rebuttal.

Kato~~~basically saying that this statement is undeniably false and that Wendy has quite possibly been brainwashed. <hr /></blockquote>Dude, when you're digging somebody, you'd go to the end of the world just to support them. And, it's very interested to see the kind of English they put on that soccer ball. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ross
01-15-2004, 12:32 AM
Sorry, Kato, cause I know people have strong opinions about this... but I love soccer. I was up at 6 am every day last June watching the World Cup and loving every minute of it. But it is like every sport - the more you know about it and the more you know the individual players the more interesting it becomes. I played soccer for several years and coached a traveling all star youth team for a few years as well. It is the beautiful game... to me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And Wendy, soccer players do have the best bods. You should see the nude calendar the Aussie womens national team - the Matilda's -- put out to raise funds. No joke - it's hanging on my wall! And most of them are really, really hot! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif It is the one sport where the athletes are both in great shape and don't have freakishly tall or monster-sized bodies...

Rich R.
01-15-2004, 04:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> soccer can be kind of exciting. <hr /></blockquote>For exciting soccer, you have to watch indoor soccer. They put artificial turf over an ice hockey rink and play. They use the boards for bounce passing, very similar to hockey. Indoor soccer has much more action than the outdoor game. JMHO.

Kato
01-15-2004, 07:10 AM
Ross...........buddy..........step away from the calendar /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

One word for ya pal.............therapy /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kato

9 Ball Girl
01-15-2004, 08:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> For exciting soccer, you have to watch indoor soccer. <hr /></blockquote>I'll find out soon enough. He plays indoor as well.

Rich R.
01-15-2004, 08:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I'll find out soon enough. He plays indoor as well. <hr /></blockquote>
I think you'll like that, better than the outdoor game. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
01-15-2004, 10:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> You should see the nude calendar the Aussie womens national team - the Matilda's -- put out to raise funds. <hr /></blockquote>Not Suitable For Work:
http://www.itsvery.net/ca_matildas.html