PDA

View Full Version : Mike Massey v Samieh Sayginer?

phil in sofla
01-13-2004, 02:10 AM
Obviously Mike is a champion trick shot artist. Some have said he has the most powerful stroke in the world.

Samieh Sayginer is the Turkish 3-C champion, and he does an exhibition routine that is completely mindblowing. He shows a staggering stroke, and his trick shots are 3-C shots. Shots like going 5 widths of the table at warp speed before the English kicks in, and then going 3 rails with spin for the carom.

Can Mike do those tricks? Has he? I know he can probably do anything anyone can with the masse shot. Anyone know if he does 3-C exhibitions, or plays the game?

Cueless Joey
01-13-2004, 02:33 AM
No way.
No disrespect to Mike but Sammy's 5 rail kick shots with spin that take affect on the fifth rail are for aliens only. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Sammy's stroke is sick.

piglit
01-13-2004, 06:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> No way.
No disrespect to Mike but Sammy's 5 rail kick shots with spin that take affect on the fifth rail are for aliens only. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Sammy's stroke is sick. <hr /></blockquote>

Joey speaks the truth!

I have a Sammy video and it is unreal!!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif-pigy

Voodoo Daddy
01-13-2004, 07:48 AM
Sammy has an unbelievable stroke...but remember he is using a big ball {which will slide for a longer distance before english takes} and playing on a heated slate with no pockets. Mike can do what anyone {including Sammy} on planet earth can do stroke wise given enough time to practice the shots.

Voodoo~~~sick as a dog but still postin' {how freakin sick AM I?}

Pizza Bob
01-13-2004, 08:09 AM
I think that Mike probably has the stroke for it - but as was pointed out, the equipment and familiarity with the equipment and shots, puts Mike at a disadvantage.

I saw Mike and Sammy playing 3C at the BCA convention in KC several years back. Sammy was giving Mike something like 15 points in a game to 20 and beating him. Not to say Mike can't play 3C, just illustrates how strong Sammy's game is. They were just fooling around, so in a serious game it might not have been so lopsided. They are both great players in their respective fields.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

phil in sofla
01-13-2004, 06:04 PM
A little gris-gris and monkey's paw ought to fix you right up, Voodoo!

Yes, I know Samieh's equipment is different, and I wouldn't expect Massey to duplicate the shots on a pool table, but on a billiards table.

I guess you're saying Mike could, if he wanted and put in the time?