PDA

View Full Version : Infantile behavior at the ph

Keith Talent
01-13-2004, 08:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
Reminds me of a story. Sitting at the local sports bar, drinking a beer, having a cig. Dude comes in with wife and kid and he throws the diaper bag on the bar. Then he has the nerve to toss me a nasty glance for smoking. I wanted to bitch-slap him. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Wow, the nerve, brings a diaper bag AND his spouse! And thinks other folks should be sensitive to his needs ... definitely in the wrong place.

Anyway, I'm wondering how many of you have attempted, for whatever reason (cabin fever, extreme pool deprivation?) to bring a baby to the ph. I've done it a couple of times in the past few weeks, with mixed results. First off, before anybody calls social services, I've only done it in early afternoon when we've got plenty of room and the music's down ... and NYC's smoke-free, too.

First time they slept blissfully ... but yesterday I had to move fast to keep them (3-month-old twins) from wailing and disturbing the other two people shooting. There I was, down on a knee in front of the double stroller, bottle in each hand, propping and wiping, whipping out pacifiers, walking them around the table, rolling a few balls to distract them while I burped em. Pretty comical. They nodded off and I got in maybe an hour and a half. Waitresses thought they were mighty cute, anyway! And the only caca on the cloth had to do with my own, er, game ...

Wally_in_Cincy
01-13-2004, 08:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith Talent:</font><hr>Wow, the nerve, brings a diaper bag AND his spouse! And thinks other folks should be sensitive to his needs ... definitely in the wrong place.

<font color="blue">I was hoping I would not strike a nerve there /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Actually my point was the diaper bag was on the bar, where people eat. That was my point. </font color>

Anyway, I'm wondering how many of you have attempted, for whatever reason <font color="red">(cabin fever, extreme pool deprivation?)</font color> to bring a baby to the ph.

<font color="blue">Desperate times. desperate measures /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sounds like they are well-behaved and there's no smoke so I don't see any problem.

Here in Hamiltucky I have seen young girls bring their babies into a smoky honky-tonk and stay for 2 or 3 hours. One girl sat her kid on a table in his car seat, apparently not realizing that drunk people bump into tables frequently. Actually, 99% of the bars will not allow young children in at night, but there are a couple that don't see it as a problem I guess.</font color>

the only caca on the cloth had to do with my own, er, game ...

<font color="blue">sounds like my game </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Keith Talent
01-13-2004, 05:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>

Sounds like they are well-behaved and there's no smoke so I don't see any problem.

Here in Hamiltucky I have seen young girls bring their babies into a smoky honky-tonk and stay for 2 or 3 hours. One girl sat her kid on a table in his car seat, apparently not realizing that drunk people bump into tables frequently. Actually, 99% of the bars will not allow young children in at night, but there are a couple that don't see it as a problem I guess.</font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

What an image ... innocent babe on a car seat, nestled between a couple of pitchers on a tilty, beer-soaked table, as drunks stagger by in the smoky haze. Anything that doesn't kill ya makes you stronger. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

One guy, 2 babies ... too tired to get off the couch and try it again today. And I didn't mention the 40 blocks each way I had to push em in the stroller ... That adds up to about 4 miles total, more exercise than I could hope to get from pool in 6 months.

Nice for them to see new sights, but, all in all, it might entail too much stroller time and not enough play time ... suppose they won't see much more of the green felt jungle.

bigshooter
01-13-2004, 06:49 PM
There was a woman in my hometown that left her baby in the car on a freezing day to go in the bar and have a drink and ended up getting drunk and left the baby in the car for over nearly two hours and finally someone spotted the baby and took her home and called the cops.
Years later she hit on me and I laughed at her and she got pissed and asked why so I simply told her that she had no respect for human life and I had no respect for her.
Needless to say she never spoke to me again.

Paul_Mon
01-14-2004, 01:45 PM
Keith,
Do it. When my son was born I was into bowling. I would bring him to the bowling alley on Saturdays and Sundays when I'd practice. Propped him up in a chair and he would watch and/or sleep. I don't know what kind of PH you go to. Most have a section or room where the jukebox plays and a little crying would go unoticed. The VIP or players room might be out of line for a baby. You're doing the right thing.

Paul Mon