PDA

View Full Version : Do you want the break or not....

RedHell
01-13-2004, 01:26 PM
Here's a question related to league games. I play VNEA 5 players per team round robin 25 games totals divide in 5 rounds.

The break is spread almost even, home team breaks the first and the third round, visiting team break the second and the fourth. In the fifth round the home team get break on game 1,3 and 5 while the visitors break 2 and 4.

So, my question is, would you try to get the break when your player is weaker then the opponents or when your player is stronger ?

I think I would always give the break to the my player if he's facing an equal or stronger player. i.e. I would try to arrange my line up so that my best player have the break against their best player.

Does that make any sens ?

cheesemouse
01-13-2004, 01:53 PM
RedHell,

I think you always want the break, it is a chance to establish on the best set of balls. What you really want to avoid in the fifth round if your visitor is having your best player playing last in the fifth round. When your home open with your gunner and when your visitor arrange the line-up so your gunner breaks in the second game of the fifth round. That way you never waste your best man if the round becomes mathimatically out of range.

RedHell
01-13-2004, 01:57 PM
Well I sure agree that you always want the break, but I wonder how to handle the line up for the break. As your best players will break in round one and three, would you tweak your line up to so that they will be facing their biggest opponents with the break or would you try to give the break to your weakest players when they play stronger player to try to even out the odds ?

cheesemouse
01-13-2004, 02:10 PM
I think it is best to have your two best break and run players breaking in the fifth round and of the remaining three players your best safety or pressure player in the anchor spot. If your best players put a two numbers your sitting pretty.

ChrisW
01-13-2004, 02:10 PM
Forgive me for being a little off of your point.
Are you allowed to set your line up according to how
the other team sets up theirs?
Here, each team does their line up separately and then fill
in the opponents (after you complete your own).

Chris

RedHell
01-13-2004, 02:14 PM
Here the visiting team must fill up first and the home team can match accordingly... That's one advantage of playing at home, plus you get an extra break. That not considering you are in your element.