PDA

View Full Version : On-line instruction source from Jimmy Reid

phil in sofla
01-13-2004, 06:16 PM
Just ran across this, and thought it might be of interest to some here.

Reid has had a site called freepoollessons.com for some time, to offer some instruction and also market his various instructional tapes (now re-mastered to DVD recently, btw, according to the site).

Now, he's offering a membership and newsletter kind of thing, with a downloadable e-book (probably an Acrobat readable pdf document), at $24.95 and about $4.95 recurring monthly fees, if you pay by iBill account or cc. If you choose to pay by phone number, it's just the first figure, no recurring, but maybe you don't have ongoing members services.

Anyway, his first 85 pages or something like that are all about kicking and banking systems, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 rails, that kind of thing. Many people have asked for references to diamond system explanations, etc., and this would appear to be among the most complete collection of such materials this side of the Billiards Atlas series (1-5).

This alone would be worth the first price, IMO (I just signed up last night), with any book containing such information costing at least that much, if one could be found.

In just my first visit and the first half-dozen or so pages, I found out an answer I have been looking for about a year or more.

A couple of systems I picked up from Jimmy's tape series have proven their worth many times over, and I am very excited to have found what will surely provide me with some additional knowledge and skills in the kicking part of the game.

He's got some previews available on the site before you buy, so check it out and see what you think.

bigshooter
01-13-2004, 06:23 PM
Free Pool Lessons Link (http://www.freepoollessons.com/index.html)
I think I'll check it out.

jjinfla
01-13-2004, 07:31 PM
Hey Phil, looks like you got outhustled by the bigshooter.
He got the link up to Jimmy's site.

Ray Martin and Jay McVinney tried to start a similar lesson package but it never got off the ground. Never made it past lesson 1. But it was a good idea, just didn't have enough takers to make it worthwile I guess.

What's the definition of an Amateur 5?

Jake

bigshooter
01-13-2004, 08:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr>

What's the definition of an Amateur 5?

Jake <hr /></blockquote>
I saw a video for sale called Amateurs 5 but I'm pretty sure it wasn't about pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
01-14-2004, 07:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> ...What's the definition of an Amateur 5?

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

I have not looked at the site but in Reid's recent column in Inside Pool he refers to <font color="red">"...if you're a 5 in your local league..." </font color>so I assume he's talking about APA/TAP type handicaps.

or I could be wrong /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

phil in sofla
01-14-2004, 04:39 PM
JJ, I can cut and paste long urls with the best of them, but this newfangled HTML stuff... I'm waiting to see if it catches on before I try to learn it, LOL!