PDA

View Full Version : You Lucky People...

Midnightgold
01-13-2004, 07:28 PM
Hi All, it was with interest yesterday that i read a post titled "pool Table Prices", Firstly i nearly choaked when i read the price of Quality pool Tables that you pay in the US,So i Decided to research what my cost for a table would be, My choices are down to two tables, ,Brunswick gold crown vi, or the Olhausen Grand Champion , both 9Ft, (i am designing my new home around a rather large pool room) wife is very understanding /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif , anyway i found out we have a Brunswick dealer in australia, i called him, very nice guy, told him what i wanted, wait for it, sitting down i hope, he quoted me $13,600 australian approx $10,000 us , as you could guess i said ill get back to you /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.. No Olhausen rep i oz so i mailed them , got quote for table without shipping for $3,200 us , now just waiting shipping cost , might be Better to import myself .. So as you can guess i am sorta crying here lol.. anyway just thought you might enjoy that piece of info.. have a great day..

bigshooter
01-13-2004, 08:28 PM
Your name is Steve and your from Australia.
Do you play pool with one hand and hold your infant in the other?
Just wondering? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

houstondan
01-13-2004, 11:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigshooter:</font><hr> Your name is Steve and your from Australia.
Just wondering? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

ok, now that one was good!

dan

oh, and by the way, what are g.c.4's 9' going for these days? got one and i've heard stories of some pretty high prices.

dan

bigshooter
01-13-2004, 11:37 PM
Hey I was just kidding about the Steve Erwin reference.
My neighbor is from Melbourne, says snooker is the big game down under.
What say you?

Cueless Joey
01-14-2004, 12:32 AM
Not rubbing salt in your eyes but used GC's go for around $2000 to $3000 here ( I, II and III).
They were selling used GC IV at the tournament for $6500.

Midnightgold
01-14-2004, 02:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigshooter:</font><hr> Your name is Steve and your from Australia.
Just wondering? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif no my friend , i usually tie them to 12th floor balcony till i finish a few racks lol..no Worries about Comment, the tears stopped after 45minutes /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hard to say what game is bigger, we have community clubs all over the place and most have Snooker tables, Very few actual pool clubs around , but im ok my club only 10 mins away /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.. anyway have a good one

Wally_in_Cincy
01-14-2004, 07:48 AM
Surely there is a pool table manufacturer somewhere in Oz. Isn't there? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Midnightgold
01-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Plenty of table manufactures but all go for the Snooker table type of look, Trust me i have checked, lol.. and they are quiet expensive, i want the proper 9 ball table.. no use loving champange and having to drink fizzy lemonade instead.. catcha.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

woody_968
01-14-2004, 04:11 PM
As long as your checkin prices for tables and shipping I would look into a Diamond table. http://www.diamondbilliard.com/

Nothing wrong with a Gold Crown, I think they are some of the best tables made. But if I were building my house around a pool room I know it would have a Diamond table with one of their lights above it /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif