PDA

View Full Version : whats your opinon on signiture cues!

justbrake
01-13-2004, 07:49 PM
do you believe that custom cue makers should put there signiture or marks on there cues! I have seen (1) cuemaker that won't put no insignia what so ever on there cues! whats your opinion! I have ask one cue(custom) maker why he wouldn't put a signiture or brand on it and he said that it would make it look cheap,then there are cues out there that nobody has any idea who has made them in the past and hoping to find out who is the original maker!

Pelican
01-13-2004, 07:57 PM
I am getting a Richard Black 30th Anniversary Cue. It is supposed to be delivered later this month. For 3K I expect it to be signed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
01-13-2004, 08:11 PM
Just don't put your name on it. lol
SW's are not signed. They sure are expensive.

justbrake
01-13-2004, 08:18 PM
but don't the southwest have a pin that has the insignia!

bigshooter
01-13-2004, 08:24 PM
Yes I think all cues should be signed or have their makers mark on them.
I think its just ego on the cuemakers part, they think there work is so incredibly special that it should be recognized without having to be signed.
I've even heard of a few instances where the cue could not be identified years later even by the cue maker that supposedly made it.
I think considering the fact there are more cue makers on the scene than ever and some of the work looks very similar they should all be signed.

Cueless Joey
01-13-2004, 09:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote justbrake:</font><hr> but don't the southwest have a pin that has the insignia! <hr /></blockquote>
The post '94 cues I believe all do.
The first 2 digits is the year, then the number of that cue that year.

daviddjmp
01-15-2004, 04:31 PM
Rick Chudy wouldn't hand-sign the cue he made for me, but all of his customs have the rc3 logo in gold in one of the points. I also asked Mike Capone the same question, and although he uses a logo as well, he agreed to sign the cue he made for me in one of the points. I hope he remembers. I should have the cue in a few days. It is difficult to get a custom cue maker to make your cue with a little different touch than someone elses-